Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gary Russell Jr. STAYS fighting bums
MaxPayne
post Dec 2 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I'm going to start off by saying that I really want this kid to do well and that I will gladly tune in to watch that hand speed go to work.

But the bullshit has got to stop.

This dude is 25 years old. He ain't on no "straight out the amateurs so let's move him along slowly" type shit. This dude should be thrown in with SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...

If them cats at Super Featherweight don't want it, then move up man. Your hand speed will carry you against bigger dudes.

I just don't understand what the hell it is that his team is doing. He fights every 6 months and when he finally does get into the ring, it's against some stooge who should be driving a cab.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 2 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 2 2013, 10:30 AM) *
I'm going to start off by saying that I really want this kid to do well and that I will gladly tune in to watch that hand speed go to work.

This dude is 25 years old. He ain't on no "straight out the amateurs so let's move him along slowly" type shit. This dude should be thrown in with SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...

If them cats at Super Featherweight don't want it, then move up man. Your hand speed will carry you against bigger dudes.

I just don't understand what the hell it is that his team is doing. He fights every 6 months and when he finally does get into the ring, it's against some stooge who should be driving a cab.

Who is he fighting?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 2 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 2 2013, 09:30 AM) *

I agree!! With all the ultra-talent this kid has he should be easily fighting the top dogs in his division, from the looks of it one would think they're feeding him soft touches to pad an undefeated record and then taut it as though that is some kind of clout these days but if you resume is padded with nobodies then you're not going to command any respect and damn sure won't command any bigtime paydays vs anyone unless it is a top dog and even then he'd end up with the lesser of the shares.

He's fast becoming the Camacho Jr of his division.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 02:34 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 2 2013, 01:21 PM) *
Who is he fighting?

TBD

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 2 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2013, 03:34 PM) *
TBD

I hear tbd is a beast!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 2 2013, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

It's getting harder to defend these moves. I was under the impression though that he's in line for title shot. I think he's the mandatory for Mikey but we known that ain't happening. But I know that he and his team and GB wanted to fight the winner of the Mares-Gonzalez fight and now have to wait until after the rematch. If then he still hasn't stepped up to fight for that belt then I'm going to just wash my hands a bit with him

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post Dec 2 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #7

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,879

i know hes only signed with al haymon, therefore he has no real promoter, so golden boy doesnt really give a shit about him. he kinda fucked himself by not signing with golden boy because they will pass over him to do their own fighters good. such as in this case, the mares gnzales rematch. and since he cant fight on hbo, where all the good featherweight and super featherweights are at, then he cant really do shit. na mean

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 2 2013, 08:51 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2013, 03:47 PM) *
I hear tbd is a beast!

...and every inch of the word. I heard that he's a last minute opponent who always ruins a fighter's career and fan base's confidence. It never fails, that damn TBD, I tell ya...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:25 AM