IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Broner vs, Demarco-SPOILERS, No New Threads, Public Streams, Or Discussion of Other Fight Cards
Musashi100
post Nov 17 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #41

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,711

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2012, 10:37 PM) *
Agreed that it was a tremendous fight for 'the Problem.' The guy takes his boxing very seriously.

He should stay at lightweight for a few more fights. Completely clean up the division, then think about moving up.

yeah he need to stay and clean the division up, unified the titles, be remember as one of the best at a certain weight. not enough continuity from these fighters.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 17 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Musashi100 @ Nov 17 2012, 11:43 PM) *
yeah he need to stay and clean the division up, unified the titles, be remember as one of the best at a certain weight. not enough continuity from these fighters.

Yup.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 17 2012, 11:56 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Watching this Marquez/Pacquaio 24/7. First and last time.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 18 2012, 02:12 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Just saw the fight. Felt like I was at a boxing clinic, that wasn't even close. Great performance against the best lightweight. Heard Seth got knocked out???

+Quote Post
flazi
post Nov 18 2012, 02:36 AM
Post #45

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

great fight for broner, went exactly like i thought it would. normally i would hate this dude but i can tell he puts some much time and respect into his craft that i have to respect that. i feel kind of sorry for demarco. he is a cool dude and went thru a lot growing up. I hope he can rebound and continue his great career.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Nov 18 2012, 02:37 AM
Post #46

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Fun fight between Broner n Demarco. Far more onesided than I thought. I thought Demarco would test him at least. Not at all. Impressive win for Broner against a guy who came to fight like he was a pupil of the Robert Garcia school of boxing.

I was in the minority of ppl that wasnt surprised Seth Mitchell took that L. I never got y he was being shoved in our faces as the new Heavyweight phenom. Hes a good athlete but his ring IQ and ring savvy are piss poor. He should be thankful. Spare yourself the embarrassment of getting killed by a Klich-ko. Start from scratch n refine you skills. He does seem like a genuine and classy dude. Best of luck to him.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 18 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #47

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 17 2012, 10:03 PM) *
How the fuck did letterman give demarco the third round.

That's the only round I could give him. I had the first even and the rest HUGE to Broner. From 4-9 he killed Demarco, but Demarco to his credit has balls. He kept trying until the end. Broner was just too strong.

Jack

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 18 2012, 04:59 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 18 2012, 05:03 AM) *
That's the only round I could give him. I had the first even and the rest HUGE to Broner. From 4-9 he killed Demarco, but Demarco to his credit has balls. He kept trying until the end. Broner was just too strong.

Jack

Yea it was the closest round, but letterman usually sides with the unreliable punch stats (which is not how a fight should he professionally judged).

Round 4 you could tell is when broner really broke demarco, he looked discouraged and after that round he really poured it on. Broner took a lot of risks this fight and had a great performance. His body work was on point like I expected, but to my surprise demarco didn't attack when broner dropped his hands to go to the body. I thought that would have been one of the better times to go after broner, but it looked as if demarco didnt have a great game plan anyway (or at least broner made it look that way). Awesome win for broner, who else is at lightweight that would even give him a challenging? Burns?? Cause he's been running from broner since the featherweight division.

+Quote Post
BoxingFan86
post Nov 18 2012, 10:08 AM
Post #49

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,445

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 18 2012, 04:59 AM) *
Yea it was the closest round, but letterman usually sides with the unreliable punch stats (which is not how a fight should he professionally judged).

Round 4 you could tell is when broner really broke demarco, he looked discouraged and after that round he really poured it on. Broner took a lot of risks this fight and had a great performance. His body work was on point like I expected, but to my surprise demarco didn't attack when broner dropped his hands to go to the body. I thought that would have been one of the better times to go after broner, but it looked as if demarco didnt have a great game plan anyway (or at least broner made it look that way). Awesome win for broner, who else is at lightweight that would even give him a challenging? Burns?? Cause he's been running from broner since the featherweight division.

Broner said Burns is his next best option, but he's not willin' to fight in the UK, though. Only time will tell.

This post has been edited by BoxingFan86: Nov 18 2012, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 18 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Poor game plan for DeMarco...it reminded me of a fading Miguel Cotto before he hooked up with Steward, then ultimately Pedro Diaz. Im not 110% sure why DeMarco was leaning in with his guard up high and his head out there, just begging to be hit with numerous uppercuts. Cotto had that BAD before he switched trainers. I thought it had a lot to do with those body shots as well.

It's just that simple, DeMarco was thinking waaay too much, and playing the feint game with Broner. That's about the ONLY time DeMarco moved his head, is when he was mimicking Broner's movement during those feints. He also started moving his head in the 6th round, but it was far too late for that shit. LOL

As much as I cant stand Adrien, dude went out there and looked as good as anybody could possibly look against a guy with little head movement or ring IQ. I don't think anybody else out there can repeat that beatdown against DeMarco.

As for Seth Mitchell, I said it in my first post of this thread, I could see Banks taking Seth to deeper waters than Witherspoon did...and that's exactly what happened. To say the least, it made the night THAT much more interesting. I like the way he took his L though, he didn't make any excuses, and he wrapped it up well by wishing luck to his next opponent (who will probably need it).

Seth has some work to do, and Im sure that became clear to him last night. As Franchize mentioned, Seth's ring IQ needs some serious work. Im sort of glad that he lost last night...no way in hell he could've continued fighting any other fighters in that same manner...the loss was inevitable, and was bound to happen soon.

It's obvious that he's not ready for a Klitz bro, but with Haymon as his manager, I can still see it happening in the near future. Call me crazy, but we see how Arreola's wide ass was forced on the public and he got a Klitz fight...difference is, he was able to take his L and get a big payday.

Overall, this was a good card...no complaints. Im ready for Berto/Guerrero and Quintana/Thurman next week...Im more excited about the Thurman/Quintana bout though. LOL

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:23 AM