> Ali V Foreman II, What If...
daprofessor
post Jan 7 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jan 7 2013, 03:28 PM) *
Ali had nothing to prove after Foreman... should have quit.. his remaining fights just furthered his physical demise...

that would have been the perfect spot to hang them up. hind sight is 20/20.

marquez should walk into the sunset now. nothing left to prove.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jan 8 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #12

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 1 2013, 04:11 AM) *
ali definitely benefitted from foreman being cut in sparring...and the fight being postponed. if mobutu had not insisted on them staying in zaire until the cut healed and the fight materialized...it might have played out differently. foreman called ali out for the rematch...but it never happened. i can't say for sure how the rematch would have played out. ali may have realized he got away with one and didn't feel good about the rematch. who knows?

I find all of that stuff to be interesting...the cut, mobutu and the event taking place in zaire in general. I think the manner in which Ali handled the entire episode is part of what makes him so great.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 6 2013, 05:12 PM) *
herbert muhammad was elijah muhammads son and was only in the position of manager because of his father. he really was NOT a boxing person. i thought ali took more punishment in the last fight with frazier than the fight with foreman.

I agree...even the first fight with Frazier looked to me more devastating.
with the Foreman bout at least Ali was braced against ropes and saw most of the punches coming (though that is not saying too much). Fraziers punches looked more compact and on the number.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 8 2013, 06:04 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 8 2013, 05:13 PM) *
I find all of that stuff to be interesting...the cut, mobutu and the event taking place in zaire in general. I think the manner in which Ali handled the entire episode is part of what makes him so great.

I agree...even the first fight with Frazier looked to me more devastating.
with the Foreman bout at least Ali was braced against ropes and saw most of the punches coming (though that is not saying too much). Fraziers punches looked more compact and on the number.

frazier dropped him and broke his jaw...that says it all. ali taunted and toyed with foreman. it's the shots u don't see coming that do the most damage.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:47 AM