IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Mayweather, Can the Khan Hype Die Now? (Topics Merged)
Kratza
post Sep 27 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

Please someone tell Khan no MF wants to see this fight... What has he done to earn his right to a payday with the big dog, Garcia deserves this fight more than anyone right now and does anyone really believe Hopkins was serious about coming down to 160 and if he was (I think he was joking) do you think the fight will be made?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 27 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Oh God no! Just go away Khan!

Even in this shaky stage of his career, he still feels entitled to something. I mean sheesh, I would be the first to stand up and say that I was predicting this fight to happen years ago...back when I was excited about it. Then came the Peterson fight...that fight raised more questions, than answers.

As far as I'm concerned, Khan has some a little bit of lifting to do. I didn't even think that Guerrero deserved a shot, but at least he came back after an injury and fought two WWs. I guess we can call it "even Steven", if people wanna say that Bradley ducked Khan to get a big payday against Manny. Khan appears to be doing to same, accept he's waiting on Floyd.

Floyd shouldn't expect ANY credit for taking this fight, and Khan should feel ashamed for even thinking that he deserves it. It's not about whether or not Khan is a PPV attraction and so on, its more about how he's looked in his last few fights. At this point, we already know that Floyd is doing it for the money and he pretty much knows that his career is going to end on a light note, but c'mon Khan, don't add insult to injury.

This crap reminds me of a cat on the basketball court on Saturday morning...waiting for somebody to pick him up, after a dude already has his 5. Just take a seat dude, you can get "downs" on the next go 'round.

+Quote Post
NoCatchweights
post Sep 27 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,908

I told yall Khan didn't want it with Devon, who was the guy on here saying Khan would walk thru Devon's combos and KO Devon? People take the hype to heart and can't let it go. Also it's about time Devon get some respect, he is around the age of Terrence Crawford and Devon's resume is ten times better.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Sep 27 2013, 01:52 PM) *
Oh God no! Just go away Khan!

Even in this shaky stage of his career, he still feels entitled to something. I mean sheesh, I would be the first to stand up and say that I was predicting this fight to happen years ago...back when I was excited about it. Then came the Peterson fight...that fight raised more questions, than answers.

As far as I'm concerned, Khan has some a little bit of lifting to do. I didn't even think that Guerrero deserved a shot, but at least he came back after an injury and fought two WWs. I guess we can call it "even Steven", if people wanna say that Bradley ducked Khan to get a big payday against Manny. Khan appears to be doing to same, accept he's waiting on Floyd.

Floyd shouldn't expect ANY credit for taking this fight, and Khan should feel ashamed for even thinking that he deserves it. It's not about whether or not Khan is a PPV attraction and so on, its more about how he's looked in his last few fights. At this point, we already know that Floyd is doing it for the money and he pretty much knows that his career is going to end on a light note, but c'mon Khan, don't add insult to injury.

This crap reminds me of a cat on the basketball court on Saturday morning...waiting for somebody to pick him up, after a dude already has his 5. Just take a seat dude, you can get "downs" on the next go 'round.

Actually.....that's not a bad fight right there, now is it? RG vs AK....they'd fight for the right to fight someone else NOT named Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

QUOTE (NoCatchweights @ Sep 27 2013, 01:59 PM) *
I told yall Khan didn't want it with Devon, who was the guy on here saying Khan would walk thru Devon's combos and KO Devon? People take the hype to heart and can't let it go. Also it's about time Devon get some respect, he is around the age of Terrence Crawford and Devon's resume is ten times better.

They're protecting their investments. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 27 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

If he beats Alexander, I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. I don't however want to see him sit on the shelf waiting for this like he's accomplished something. He'd better fight someone worth talking about soon. I don't see why he won't fight Devon. If you can't beat Devon, you don't have a shot at beating Floyd anyway. If Floyd took this fight, it would clearly be about him throwing Khan a bone to get some of that UK money.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 27 2013, 01:34 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 27 2013, 01:35 PM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Yea no excuse for this. If you're trying to revive your career, you don't dodge any fights against competition with solid exposure.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 27 2013, 01:41 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

It would be funny if Mayweather didnt fight him. A lot can happen in 8-10 months. If Alexander wins against Judah, shit, wouldnt he be a more viable opponent than the guy who refused to fight? Khan lost to Danny garcia. I'd think Danny should have a leg up. Khan just ran from a beating. i think Devon was gonna tap that chin.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 01:42 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Sep 27 2013, 02:32 PM) *
If he beats Alexander, I wouldn't mind seeing this fight. I don't however want to see him sit on the shelf waiting for this like he's accomplished something. He'd better fight someone worth talking about soon. I don't see why he won't fight Devon. If you can't beat Devon, you don't have a shot at beating Floyd anyway. If Floyd took this fight, it would clearly be about him throwing Khan a bone to get some of that UK money.

While I'm extra careful in investing in that "triangle", THIS^^^^^. If you can't deal w/ Devon, the MF behind door #3 ain't no laughing matter.....AT ALL.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 27 2013, 02:02 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 27 2013, 02:41 PM) *
It would be funny if Mayweather didnt fight him. A lot can happen in 8-10 months. If Alexander wins against Judah, shit, wouldnt he be a more viable opponent than the guy who refused to fight? Khan lost to Danny garcia. I'd think Danny should have a leg up. Khan just ran from a beating. i think Devon was gonna tap that chin.

yeah...there in lies the "rub". I'm sure Floyd wants Amir to seem viable, as it's a ton of cash and likely a good KO. However; Floyd knows it's a lil' too far fetched to convince the world, this dude w/ fine china for a chin, who was dropped by Julio Diaz (yeah, who?), can beat him.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:26 PM