IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather Against Past Greats: Leonard, Hearns, and Duran, Set at Welterweight.
Antonio Tarver
post Nov 6 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #11

I know who you are.

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 5,004

He loses to all 3.

Hearns knocks Floyd out probably within 6 rounds.

Duran outworks and abuses him and stops him late or win a clear decision.

Leonard outpoints him and wins a clear decision. Leonard is a better fighter than Mayweather, the only advantage Mayweather has over him is possibly defense. But whatever Mayweather can do, Leonard can do as well and if not better. Leonard is what Mayweather should have been.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
caneman
post Nov 6 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #12

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (Antonio Tarver @ Nov 6 2011, 08:08 PM) *
He loses to all 3.

Hearns knocks Floyd out probably within 6 rounds.

Duran outworks and abuses him and stops him late or win a clear decision.

Leonard outpoints him and wins a clear decision. Leonard is a better fighter than Mayweather, the only advantage Mayweather has over him is possibly defense. But whatever Mayweather can do, Leonard can do as well and if not better. Leonard is what Mayweather should have been.

Damn good View in my eyes! Mayweather would have to hurt Hearns and I can't see it happening! He couldn't hurt Duran at 147 and Duran would just keep coming and SRL would out class him on every level!

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 7 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #13

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

Hmm. In a way I'm starting to believe some people think people in real life have power levels like a cartoon or something LOL.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Nov 7 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #14

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

I think Floyd wuld find a way to beat leonard.. Tommy's reach would have been a real problem for him, and Duran being a pressure fighter wuld probably be the biggest test for floyd.

+Quote Post
jrazor
post Nov 7 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 11,573

QUOTE (bosco @ Nov 6 2011, 04:54 PM) *
Wrong!!! If Hearns fought a hit and get hit style he would have been knocked out more than 3 times. Those guys would have been too active for Floyd.
No matter how good someone's defense is ...everyone is vulnerable while they're punching and pot shotting wouldn't have got it done. Floyd would have lost the decision.

right..., has hearns been knocked down? yes. and who would be to active for Floyd when everyone is more active then him? and he won them all. plus it seems that all the people Floyd pot shot seems to respect him especially in the later rounds. all wins by decision for Floyd.

This post has been edited by jrazor: Nov 7 2011, 02:10 PM

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Nov 11 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #16

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Floyd is the best today and realistically I see only 2 style match ups near his weight class that would give him trouble...and its not Manny Pacquiao....its Cotto and Martinez.

That being said...Mayweather DOES NOT belong in the conversation with greats like Hearns, Leonard, and Duran! Those guys fought 15rds...sometimes fighting 3plus times a year and ducked no one. Mayweather gets abused by all 3! Leonards height, blazing hand and foot speed would leave Mayweather on the losing end of a unanimous decision. Hearns...again his height...jab...power....I think outta the 3 he beats Mayweather the easiest. Duran would have Mayweather running away all night and getting out pointed by his sheer aggression.

These fighters had something that Mayweather just seems to not have....the WILL to PROVE that they were the best and fight all comers. Early in Mayweathers career he was showing that but once he hit Welterweight he handpicked his opponents. Avoiding an undefeated Miguel Cotto, ducking Margacheato and fighting guys like Baldomir and Judah...an aged DLH was the toughest fight of his career outside of Castillo 1.....and DLH almost made it look easy against him while he was throwing his jab.

In my opinion Mayweather has to step up and fight the best out there....I think he would beat Pacquiao surprisingly easy...he should fight guys like Cotto, Martinez...even Alvarez....guys who'll really test him. Until he does what the champions of the past did he doesnt belong in that conversation. Being undefeated doesnt mean you should be automatically in the discussion with REAL greats....if that was the case then CalSlappy would be in the conversation lol.

+Quote Post
PR316
post Nov 11 2011, 06:50 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 107

Mayweather loses to all 3 of them.

Hearns has too much height and reach for Floyd. Not to mention that jab, and that killer right hand. All thrown with great speed and precision. Floyd would have to try to do what Leonard did in being more aggressive and taking alot of right hands en route to trying to get to Hearns' body and wear him down. I think Floyd has a bit of success in making Hearns miss and pay, but overall Tommy is just too big, too strong, and too powerful. Hearns via UD 15.

Duran unlike De La Hoya actually knows HOW to apply pressure. He'd feint, bob and weave, and attack Floyd from different angles. His quick right hand over the top and left hook to the body would give Floyd alot of problems.... Now of course some here will mention the 2nd fight with Leonard and Duran however Duran wasn't exactly in the best shape for that fight and it was still competitive before he quit. A PRIME Duran at the top of his game clicking on all cylinders would outwork and outland Floyd en route to a close but deserved UD over 15 rounds.

Leonard-Mayweather is a replica of Leonard-Benitez. Like El Radar, Floyd would make Leonard miss alot and he'd be able to have success with his counterpunching. Problem is that Leonard is just as fast as Floyd, and punches with serious power in both hands especially the left. Leonard would make his adjustments after about 6 rounds, and he'd get to work. He would put a hurting on Floyd's body and Floyd to his credit would fight back but in doing so he'd give Leonard more opportunities. Its a competitive fight because Floyd is that great. But be that as it may, Leonard is a bit greater. And he'd win a UD, or a possible late stoppage.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 08:22 AM