IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there some type of double standard??, Express yourself please!!
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,708

When Broner was arrested the internet (particularly boxing forums, especially those that dislike Floyd) were filled with a plethora of hate-filled comments aimed at Adrien for his antics but I feel that carrying a gun in an airport (unless you are security or the Po Po) is a much more dangerous crime but oddly enough I haven't seen much animosity aimed at Robert Guerrero for his stupidity.

Is there some type of double standard? Or am I just too suspicious<<<LOL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 28 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The obvious answer is yes. There was more fallout over Broner eating stripper box than Guerrero bringing a gun to one of the most frequented airports in the world.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2013, 03:32 PM) *
The obvious answer is yes. There was more fallout over Broner eating stripper box than Guerrero bringing a gun to one of the most frequented airports in the world.

Any thought on why you believe this is so???

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 28 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Yes. Adrien Broner heavy resembles Floyd Mayweather Jr. who is widely hated for their antics. Robert Guerrero isn't perceived as the same character.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 03:22 PM) *
When Broner was arrested the internet (particularly boxing forums, especially those that dislike Floyd) were filled with a plethora of hate-filled comments aimed at Adrien for his antics but I feel that carrying a gun in an airport (unless you are security or the Po Po) is a much more dangerous crime but oddly enough I haven't seen much animosity aimed at Robert Guerrero for his stupidity.

Is there some type of double standard? Or am I just too suspicious<<<LOL

i didn't trip when broner was arrested....nor did i trip when he ate coochie in public. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i am not tripping on the gun charge either. both are grown ass men who have to take the consequences of their actions. my opinion one way or the other really doesn't matter.

i am more disturbed by our government giving monsanto a free pass on our tax dollars.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Mar 28 2013, 03:51 PM) *
Yes. Adrien Broner heavy resembles Floyd Mayweather Jr. who is widely hated for their antics. Robert Guerrero isn't perceived as the same character.

Yeah, I guess "X" must have hit the spot on that but I guess we have HBO to thank for all the hate on Floyd (well, atleast most of it). Mayweather did a pretty good job himself making people hate him as well. Outside of the ring I can't stand his antics but I do respect what he does once he's in that squared circle.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 28 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Yeah, I guess "X" must have hit the spot on that but I guess we have HBO to thank for all the hate on Floyd (well, atleast most of it). Mayweather did a pretty good job himself making people hate him as well. Outside of the ring I can't stand his antics but I do respect what he does once he's in that squared circle.

i think floyd and broner are really good at making ppl hate them. i've heard from quite a few ppl that were seriously bothered by him flushing 20's down a toilet. same with floyd when he burned that 100 dollar bill. personally...it takes way more than that for me to hate anyone. i think it's foolish....but i'm not a fan because of their foolishness. i'm a fan because of their boxing. i really don't give a shit what they do outside of boxing.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Mar 28 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

It was the same with Manny. All his bs was swept under the carpet..and in some cases it was even worse than Floyd's.

Guerrero won't be treated the same by the public because he doesn't play the villain in the story. People hate arrogant, money burning idiots, thats why they scrutinize them on the regular.

Bottom line - There IS a double standard.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Mar 28 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Of course theres a double standard. Both Broner and Floyd are black and rich. Suge Knight said it best. "They hate to see a black man with a gang of money in the bank." This is America.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Mar 28 2013, 04:50 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Mar 28 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Mar 28 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Of course theres a double standard. Both Broner and Floyd are black and rich. Suge Knight said it best. "They hate to see a black man with a gang of money in the bank." This is America.

YEAP (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:55 AM