Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
AussieLad
post Aug 25 2009, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 603

So i hear in an interview with Couture that lesnar is tentatively scheduled to fight carwin at ufc 106.

I think this will be lesnars toughest test to date. Lesnar is still bigger, and alot faster. But i think Carwins stand up is better, and he has much heavier hands. Either way, i dont see a blow out of carwin. I just hope he catches lesnar with a huge punch and lays the fucker out.

Where i see carwin struggling is lesnars speed, which should help him get the take down. It all depends on what carwin can do to either prevent this, or whether he is big enough himself to muscle out from under lesnars buk. Given they are of similar size, he has a better chance of this than any other heavy out there

Lesnar starts favourite, but carwin is very live especially if they stay standing up
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 26 2009, 10:44 AM
Post #2

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Lesnar will intimidate and destroy Carwin....

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Aug 26 2009, 05:46 PM
Post #3

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i just read fedor is going to fight brett rogers... anybody thinks he has a chance against fedor.... some may not agree but i think he has AT LEAST a punchers chance...

This post has been edited by JLUVBABY: Aug 26 2009, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 26 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #4

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Rogers has a slim Puncher's Chance against Emelianenko...

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 26 2009, 05:46 PM) *
i just read fedor is going to fight brett rogers... anybody thinks he has a chance against fedor.... some may not agree but i think he has AT LEAST a punchers chance...

The same puncher's chance Arlovski had?

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 27 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 26 2009, 10:44 AM) *
Lesnar will intimidate and destroy Carwin....

Carwin won't be intimidated.

I've said it since day one. Brock's gonna get beat the second he faces a skilled striker who can keep it standing.

Brock doesn't like to get hit; Carwin can punch. The question is, can Carwin keep himself up long enough catch Brock?

We'll see.

Either way, I don't see this going past one.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 27 2009, 03:24 AM
Post #7

Middleweight

I see lesnar standing and trading with carwin, basically because of carwins size and wrestling background. Lesnar will realise that he wont utterly dominate carwin on the ground like he could Mir and Herring, and so he will throw punches. When facing another skilled wrestler in couture, lesnar traded punches and was getting beaten until he grazed randy with the anvil he calls a fist. He never really tried to take couture down, and this is what i think will happen in this fight too

Carwin has proven that he can not only take a big shot, like the one that gonzaga landed, but that he can maintain composure and knock his opponent out while dazed. Lesnars chin hasnt really been tested because he either bulldozes dangerous strikers to the mat. The only time he has traded strikes was against randy who was so much smaller that he really had nothing to fear in the way of striking power.

I see them trading strikes, i see lesnar landing first, rushes the kill and gets clipped himself. How well he survives this will determine the fight. Lesnar has a melon for a head, i reckon he can take a shot

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Aug 31 2009, 02:39 AM
Post #8

Middleweight

I was reading that carwin had his nose broken vs gonzaga, and in the process it deviated his septum. Dont know too much about the condition, but i always thought it was a congenital defect you were born with.

+Quote Post
Mandirigma
post Sep 23 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 10,548

Carwin can destroy Lesnar.. Lesnar does not have the one punch knock out power that carwin possess..

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Sep 26 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #10

Middleweight

Exactly.

Carwin has serious power. And i mean serious violent one punch KO power

He dropped Gonzaga with an arm punch, no hip rotation, no momentum, just a straight arm punch delivered like a sledge hammer

Was reading in a MMA mag that back in his fake wrestling days, lesnar had an unofficial real wrestling match against kurt angle to determine who was actually better at wrestling. Kurt apparently repeatedly pinned the much larger lesnar (240 vs 300 pounds). Of course this was just wrestling,with no striking ivolved, but it goes to show that a smaller man can beat lesnar at his own game

Carwin doesnt have either angles pedigree, and nor does his wrestling stack up against lesnars (division 1 vs division 2 in favour of lesnar). But he is a big powerfull, skilled wrestler with dynamite punch power. I think he will perform better than couture, herring or mir

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 01:18 PM