IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Alvarez vs Trout Preview and Poll-Vote Now!, Preview and Discuss (Different Choices Due to Fight's Location)
Who Wins? Vote in Poll!
Trout Alverez Winner?
Trout by Close Fair Decision [ 7 ] ** [43.75%]
Trout by Wide Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Trout by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Close Fair Decision [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Alvarez by Wide Fair Decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez by Fair KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Fair Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alvarez Wins a Foul SD or UD [ 3 ] ** [18.75%]
A Foul Draw That Trout Should Have Won [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A Bad Ref Stoppage in Favor of Alvarez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 16

aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 16 2013, 02:35 PM
Post #21

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

This undercard is shaping up. I'm glad Canelo is officially gonna fight someone his size. Anybody know if Broner is still going to fight on this card? I'm sure that's dependent on how he fares tonight though.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 16 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #22

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Feb 16 2013, 11:35 AM) *
This undercard is shaping up. I'm glad Canelo is officially gonna fight someone his size. Anybody know if Broner is still going to fight on this card? I'm sure that's dependent on how he fares tonight though.....

If Saul is in the audience tonight than Adrian is going to lose that is probably the only chance that Reese has of beating Broner. I wonder who they will have Broner fight on May 4th. I am thinking maybe someone like Miguel Vasquez would be really interesting. A top 3 lightweight would be a great test for Adrian. We got Broner vs. Vasquez, Trout vs. Red Head and finally Mayweather vs. ? I am thinking close to 1.4 million in Pay Per View!

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 16 2013, 05:42 PM
Post #23

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,480

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 16 2013, 03:53 PM) *
If Saul is in the audience tonight than Adrian is going to lose that is probably the only chance that Reese has of beating Broner. I wonder who they will have Broner fight on May 4th. I am thinking maybe someone like Miguel Vasquez would be really interesting. A top 3 lightweight would be a great test for Adrian. We got Broner vs. Vasquez, Trout vs. Red Head and finally Mayweather vs. ? I am thinking close to 1.4 million in Pay Per View!

Funny as hell!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 16 2013, 09:25 AM) *
Come on bro, don't be so pessimistic. At least this is one fight that the fans will get. Just enjoy. You asked the popular girl out to the prom and she said yes. What more can you ask for? I love this fight, I really do. Bob, its your move to actually make a fight that the fans want to see.

I'm not being pessimistic, this IS boxing that we're talking about. I felt the same about Chavez/Martinez ALLLL the way up until a week before the fight. I actually saw that fight live, so I had my hopes high, but also kept in the back of my mind, what sport I was dealing with.

Arum gave us a fight that we wanted (finally), but GBP has been dicking fights for a while now. They've been giving us pretty good cards, but they're business end of the situation, is always shaky. They usually have the public 90% sure a fight will happen, then the business part falls apart. Arum just tells us that he's considering certain fights, but gives us something different.

I can ask that popular girl out and take her to the prom all I want, but if I don't "seal the deal" on prom night, then Im sure to ragged on by the fellas once the cat comes out of the bag. Again, let's consider what sport we're dealing with, along with the promoter and they're retarded ways when it comes to Canelo. I'm sure they told Canelo "Yeah, we'll give you the Floyd fight, if you fight Trout first". Nothig wrong with tell ing him what he wants to hear, in order to get what they want. Canelo may have ran with it a bit too early though, who knows.

While people are hanging on Floyd's sack about his September date (possibly with Canelo), they need to be considering Miguel Cotto, who is laying low and waiting to see what happens on May 4th. His eyes are more than likely on the co-feature bout, and so is Floyd's. Who knows if Floyd wont suddenly decide that he doesn't wanna fight in Sept, then what? IF Canelo beats Trout (which more than likely, he will), then what's wrong with a Canelo/Cotto fight on Mexican Independence Day weekend on PPV?

NOW, let's consider a Canelo/Cotto fight in September. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, "Well, Floyd will be in the card and it will sell MILLIONS! It will break PPV records!" Calm down, and once again, get off of Floyd's sack long enough to think logically. If GBP hosts a Canelo/Cotto fight in September, then why put a Mayweather fight on the card, when Canelo/Cotto will make them a nice bit of money? Arum used the same logic when it came to a FMJ/Pac...why cash in on this one fight, when Manny can make the same money (or more) fighting less threatening opponents.

That excitement of Floyd fighting whoever, can be dragged until December, possibly? Hell, we've waited long enough to see who he'll fight in May, why not wait from Sept to Dec? In comparison to that huge card, that's like having Broner vs Gamboa, on the same card as Canelo/Angulo (or Kirkland). Why? Why do that, when those fights can be hosted and promoted separately?

Sooo...IF Canelo beats Trout on May 4th, then I'll see Floyd holding out until December, and fighting the winner of Brook/Alexander...which will be Brook, since Devon has been sub par lately. Canelo can fight Cotto in September, get his OWN exposure against a name fighter, and get the proper promotion that he needs, to fight Floyd in May '14 (in which could be his last bout).

That's just a nice assessment of what could happen. Man I swear, some of you guys allow your love for Floyd to cloud your judgement of the business of the sport. NOT just the "business" that Floyd teaches his fans, but the game of "Oh shit, this fight just got cancelled/postponed, let's see what we can make of it" business. Everything doesn't happen on schedule, as we've painfully endure this year, but good things usually come out of it down the stretch.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 16 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Feb 16 2013, 08:05 AM) *
When did Trout become the be all end all? Hes not this slick crafty southpaw that I keep reading about, at least on other sites, hes a volume puncher. A tall fighter that fights small. He can be hit. Basically hes PWill with a touch better skill. I cant believe people were calling him the most ducked fighter. Before Cotto nobody knew who this chump was. I dare anybody to go watch Trout v Delvin Rodriguez and come back and tell me this guys the truth. I expect Canelo to walk through this dude with ease.

Delvin is no slouch. Anybody that has trouble with Delvin and still gets a unam W is a top guy at 154

And trout is far from a Paul Williams lol

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 16 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 06:21 PM) *
I'm not being pessimistic, this IS boxing that we're talking about. I felt the same about Chavez/Martinez ALLLL the way up until a week before the fight. I actually saw that fight live, so I had my hopes high, but also kept in the back of my mind, what sport I was dealing with.

Arum gave us a fight that we wanted (finally), but GBP has been dicking fights for a while now. They've been giving us pretty good cards, but they're business end of the situation, is always shaky. They usually have the public 90% sure a fight will happen, then the business part falls apart. Arum just tells us that he's considering certain fights, but gives us something different.

I can ask that popular girl out and take her to the prom all I want, but if I don't "seal the deal" on prom night, then Im sure to ragged on by the fellas once the cat comes out of the bag. Again, let's consider what sport we're dealing with, along with the promoter and they're retarded ways when it comes to Canelo. I'm sure they told Canelo "Yeah, we'll give you the Floyd fight, if you fight Trout first". Nothig wrong with tell ing him what he wants to hear, in order to get what they want. Canelo may have ran with it a bit too early though, who knows.

While people are hanging on Floyd's sack about his September date (possibly with Canelo), they need to be considering Miguel Cotto, who is laying low and waiting to see what happens on May 4th. His eyes are more than likely on the co-feature bout, and so is Floyd's. Who knows if Floyd wont suddenly decide that he doesn't wanna fight in Sept, then what? IF Canelo beats Trout (which more than likely, he will), then what's wrong with a Canelo/Cotto fight on Mexican Independence Day weekend on PPV?

NOW, let's consider a Canelo/Cotto fight in September. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, "Well, Floyd will be in the card and it will sell MILLIONS! It will break PPV records!" Calm down, and once again, get off of Floyd's sack long enough to think logically. If GBP hosts a Canelo/Cotto fight in September, then why put a Mayweather fight on the card, when Canelo/Cotto will make them a nice bit of money? Arum used the same logic when it came to a FMJ/Pac...why cash in on this one fight, when Manny can make the same money (or more) fighting less threatening opponents.

That excitement of Floyd fighting whoever, can be dragged until December, possibly? Hell, we've waited long enough to see who he'll fight in May, why not wait from Sept to Dec? In comparison to that huge card, that's like having Broner vs Gamboa, on the same card as Canelo/Angulo (or Kirkland). Why? Why do that, when those fights can be hosted and promoted separately?

Sooo...IF Canelo beats Trout on May 4th, then I'll see Floyd holding out until December, and fighting the winner of Brook/Alexander...which will be Brook, since Devon has been sub par lately. Canelo can fight Cotto in September, get his OWN exposure against a name fighter, and get the proper promotion that he needs, to fight Floyd in May '14 (in which could be his last bout).

That's just a nice assessment of what could happen. Man I swear, some of you guys allow your love for Floyd to cloud your judgement of the business of the sport. NOT just the "business" that Floyd teaches his fans, but the game of "Oh shit, this fight just got cancelled/postponed, let's see what we can make of it" business. Everything doesn't happen on schedule, as we've painfully endure this year, but good things usually come out of it down the stretch.

Let's hope its brook cause devon is just painful to watch. Idk what happened he used to be exciting at 140 until the Bradley and Lucas fight, after that its been safety first second and third

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 16 2013, 07:13 PM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 16 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Let's hope its brook cause devon is just painful to watch. Idk what happened he used to be exciting at 140 until the Bradley and Lucas fight, after that its been safety first second and third

Thanks, and excuse my rant. Lol

I've seen Brook struggle against Carson Jones, but other than that, he's been pretty solid. I still think he can beat Devon, whether Devon's a southpaw or not. You're right, really, since the Kotelnik fight, Devon's looked bad against Bradley and Matthysse.

Thank God for the Maidana fight, but heck, Maidana looked flabby and uninterested, and was damn near ready to quit, so Im not even sure that fight as a measuring stick to see how Devon has improved. I cant even speak on how he pretty much stunk up the joint against Bailey, smh.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 16 2013, 11:38 PM
Post #28

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Trout will whip the shit out of Canelo.... this will be ugly and not close at all.. just wait and see if it happens

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 17 2013, 11:49 AM
Post #29

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 16 2013, 03:21 PM) *

Just cause you didn't seal the deal with the popular girl doesn't mean you didn't have fun and not have a good night. The fellas can bitch but guess what, you took the popular chick to the prom not them, Ace in the hole. Bro, you are being pessimistic. The boxing world will be okay with Floyd not fighting in September by Floyd or if he fights in September it just makes it even more interesting. I think you are putting too much weight on one boxer. Floyd can do what he wants it shis life and career however if May isn't fighting in September I am still going to be watching whoever is fighting on that date. If Red Head takes a beating in May he is not fighting Cotto or anyone in September. Really it is a two way street. If May takes a beating in May or looks less than amazing he will not be fighting Trout in September ( I am picking No Doubt) or anyone else. I am just saying enjoy the hoopla it is fun. Don't be so serious man, this is what makes it fun. Until then get ready for March 9th!

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 18 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #30

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Waiting on the Guerrero and Burns fight to be made with Floyd & Broner to match with what I been predicting since late last year, and here's another.. Canelo puts on his best performance yet, to the extent that people will actually believe He has what it takes to give Floyd all sorts of Problems, hence making their fight a must see in September.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:39 AM