Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andre Ward vs Floyd Mayweather @ 147 Who Wins?, Fantasy Fights Series
Box in Hand
post Dec 21 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

Floyd wins but I would love to see how he handles Andre's inside game. Andre said he studied Floyd for the Froch fight so that should tell you he recognizes the blueprint.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 21 2011, 10:44 AM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 20 2011, 11:37 PM) *
andre ward at 147!?

It's a fantasy thread...get your thumb outta your ass...

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 21 2011, 05:10 AM) *
Floyd wins but I would love to see how he handles Andre's inside game. Andre said he studied Floyd for the Froch fight so that should tell you he recognizes the blueprint.

This would've been a great one. Both are patient and precise, so it all comes down to who gets off first. If it becomes a feint contest, then Floyd has the fight in the bag. I haven't seen Ward make his opponents feint as much as Floyd does, but he sure as hell makes 'em miss...so that counts for something.

+Quote Post
kingknockout
post Dec 21 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #13

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,222

delete

This post has been edited by kingknockout: Dec 22 2011, 05:35 PM

+Quote Post
Watkins73
post Dec 21 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,369

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 21 2011, 05:10 AM) *

Definetly would be floyd's biggest challenge since de la hoya. Ward didn't display the conditioning that floyd shows in the championship rounds. I would say the inexperience would hurt ward, but he seems rather composed for his age. Lastly, Andre's face was marked up after the fight against a slower opponent. This all spells Floyd UD.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 21 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Floyd will win every round in a competitive boxing match. Ward has too many flaws in comparison.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 21 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #16

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

Ward would get the hell turned out of him. I like Ward and he has skills, patience & ring generalship......that being said, it's a grand canyon-like leap to do that w/ Floyd.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Dec 22 2011, 08:01 AM
Post #17

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

Floyd hands down.. The 1st few rounds would probably be really competitive. But we all know how Floyd looks in the later rounds.

+Quote Post
PrfPmp
post Dec 25 2011, 12:19 PM
Post #18

Featherweight

Member No.: 1,889

Obviously this could never be a fight at 147 or 168, at a catchweight of 160 its would be very interesting. pound for pound though, I think ward is a poor mans floyd. Although they are similar, floyd to me is clearly better in every category. He is faster, slicker, has a better defense, is crisper with his puncches, and hits significantly harder at his natural weight. Floyd has stopped many top fighters (corrales, hatton, hernandez, ortiz, manfredy, mitchelll) and has been close to stopping some other great fighters (marquez, mosley, judah) Their most comparable attribute is mental game where ward is very close or maybe equal to floyd. Floyd has also shown the ability to dominate bigger men while moving through 6 weight classes, ward is still in his 1st

Pound for pound in a fantasy matchup I could never see ward beating mayweather, although he is my fav new fighter along w broner and gamboa.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 11:23 PM