IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attack of the Boxing Pundits: Are They Hurting Our Sport?
Franchize
post Dec 24 2012, 10:41 AM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 23 2012, 10:04 AM) *
What is disheartening is that Skip Bayless probably represents the common sports' fan perception of boxing...

Its incredibly disheartening. I think ppl dont realize how detrimental it is to the sport. It all goes back to the irresponsible journalism Ive been preaching for the last two years. ESPN has boxing analysts yet how many times have you seen Dan Rafael, Teddy Atlas or BJ Flores on First Take? So essentially, your allowing Skip Bayless, who probably only watches Pacquiao fights, formulate the opinion of millions of casual fans. Its a huge black eye on the sport. Its the reason Mayweathers image has been tarnished. Its the birthplace of Pactard nation. Its the reason Marquez wont ever get the credit he deserves for the win. Its the reason people wont appreciate how great Cotto is. Its the reason why guys like Andre Ward dont get the recognition he deserves. All because of ESPN, its irresponsible journalism and its laziness to allow a guy like Skip Clueless to repeatedly and demonstratively speak on shit he has no clue about.

If you didnt see that Marquez vs Pacquiao fight, youd think Manny was dominating him and Manny just got caught with a lucky shot. When in fact, he was eating counters all night and got knocked down FOR THE SECOND TIME and simply could not get up. Not to mention, Skip joined Lampleys butthurt clan and is pushing this foul play conspiracy. Yet neither has mentioned the fact that Roach has had numerous fighters pop for PEDs and his only reasoning against stricter testing is because Manny wasnt willing to do it himself.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Dec 24 2012, 10:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 24 2012, 03:36 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 24 2012, 03:41 PM) *
he was eating counters all night

more or less describes the fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 24 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 24 2012, 10:41 AM) *
Its incredibly disheartening. I think ppl dont realize how detrimental it is to the sport. It all goes back to the irresponsible journalism Ive been preaching for the last two years. ESPN has boxing analysts yet how many times have you seen Dan Rafael, Teddy Atlas or BJ Flores on First Take? So essentially, your allowing Skip Bayless, who probably only watches Pacquiao fights, formulate the opinion of millions of casual fans. Its a huge black eye on the sport. Its the reason Mayweathers image has been tarnished. Its the birthplace of Pactard nation. Its the reason Marquez wont ever get the credit he deserves for the win. Its the reason people wont appreciate how great Cotto is. Its the reason why guys like Andre Ward dont get the recognition he deserves. All because of ESPN, its irresponsible journalism and its laziness to allow a guy like Skip Clueless to repeatedly and demonstratively speak on shit he has no clue about.

If you didnt see that Marquez vs Pacquiao fight, youd think Manny was dominating him and Manny just got caught with a lucky shot. When in fact, he was eating counters all night and got knocked down FOR THE SECOND TIME and simply could not get up. Not to mention, Skip joined Lampleys butthurt clan and is pushing this foul play conspiracy. Yet neither has mentioned the fact that Roach has had numerous fighters pop for PEDs and his only reasoning against stricter testing is because Manny wasnt willing to do it himself.

You made a great point about why Atlas, Rafael (ughh), and Flores aren't on these daytime shows, when they cover boxing. It sucks that FNFs comes on so late, and is rarely replayed or covered throughout the course of the day. If you not up at 9 or 10 PM, then you'll miss pertinent boxing info. As much as I dont care for Rafael, I'd pick him unenthusiastic ass any day, over Bayless.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 24 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

amen.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 25 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Yes man.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that sooner, rather than later, Pacquaio will retire and people like Skip Clueless (I like that one) will move on.

I'm optimistic for 2013 and beyond. We have more promoters in the mix., which should result in more boxers getting deals and more places to watch quality boxing (still not as it was years ago, but it's improving). More boxers are starting their own promotional companies and a lot of great young boxers are coming up.
The P.E.D issue is being discussed more often now.
I'd still like to see a boxers union, but I'm not holding my breath. Apart from that, I think things are now moving in the right direction.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Dec 25 2012, 01:14 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 07:27 AM