Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner better get FLOYD SR, If he wants to realize his potential
MAHDI
post Dec 15 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,939

The mofos in his corner don't know shit about boxing.. horrible instructions.. no real strategy... Broner needs Floyd SR.... now- If not he could be finished before he is 25 if he keeps taking punishment like he did against Maidana... rematch with Floyd Sr at the helm
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 15 2013, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (MAHDI @ Dec 15 2013, 10:04 AM) *
The mofos in his corner don't know shit about boxing.. horrible instructions.. no real strategy... Broner needs Floyd SR.... now- If not he could be finished before he is 25 if he keeps taking punishment like he did against Maidana... rematch with Floyd Sr at the helm

I was thinking this shit all night yesterday! I dont like the way anything was handled in Broners corner. After the first knockdown, Broner's corner had NOOOOO composure. Broner was the one that had to snap every one out of it. How is it that you have Mike Stafford and Kevin Cunningham in your corner and no adjustments were made. Broner had a terrible gameplan coming in. He looked like a Brandon Rios that knows how to shoulder roll. Wayyy to stationary. AB should've been on his bike last night, pivoted more, used his legs, moved. He backed maidana up effectively and Broner eat some big shots so we know he has a chin. Even yesterday he dodged a lot of punches. But his game plan was all wrong.

He needs to go see Floyd Sr. and Pernell Whitaker.
He also needs to watch a couple of Rigondeaux tapes because he has all the tools with no smart gameplan.

Malinaggi made some good points too. Broner is not cerebral enough. He didnt really make any proper adjustments. Maidana didn't only out brawl broner, but he OUTBOXED Broner. He took Broner to school. He jabbed him, broke his body down, and backed him up. SMART pressure. Garcia Vs Garcia for trainer of the year!

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Dec 15 2013, 10:34 AM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

Floyd Sr is not a solution to EVERY problem. Hatton ? Anyone?
There are other trainers who could do Adrien some good...

I think Broner IS getting pointers from the Mayweather camp. They are hella close so I wouldnt be surprised if Sr, Rog or Jeff wouldn't chime in from time to time. Adriens problems are outside the ring at the moment. MAINLY.

+Quote Post
Marcus
post Dec 15 2013, 10:43 AM
Post #4

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 12,254

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Dec 15 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Floyd Sr is not a solution to EVERY problem. Hatton ? Anyone?
There are other trainers who could do Adrien some good...

I think Broner IS getting pointers from the Mayweather camp. They are hella close so I wouldnt be surprised if Sr, Rog or Jeff wouldn't chime in from time to time. Adriens problems are outside the ring at the moment. MAINLY.

Hatton admitted himself that he didn't listen to the gameplan. I'm not saying he's the solution but it definitely wouldn't hurt Broner to have Sr. in his corner.
I agree however I think Broner's problems are inside the ring as well. He has skills but he hasn't displayed the ability to think well. He doesn't switch his fight game up. Broner fought yesterday the way he's been fighting 2 years ago. He's not evolving. But theres no doubt that his corner needs to provide him with better instruction.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 15 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Broner is one-dimensional, he only knows how to fight coming forward with the philly shell, can't box for shit. Maidana took that away from him and Broner fell apart. Broner needs a new trainer and team indeed. I also agree Floyd Sr. would humble him up a bit.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 15 2013, 10:59 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

The main question am asking myself is that no disrespect to Maidana, but Broner was the better fighter technically, so how did he lose. I think he became hesitant once he felt Maidanas power, then Maidana gassed so he wasn't doing much, and Broner had his way for a round or two then Maidana came back, and by that time Broner had already dialed down the gassed Maidana and never really adjusted. Plus this is not his weight class yet.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 15 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Broner is one-dimensional, he only knows how to fight coming forward with the philly shell, can't box for shit. Maidana took that away from him and Broner fell apart. Broner needs a new trainer and team indeed. I also agree Floyd Sr. would humble him up a bit.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 15 2013, 11:19 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

He crumbled like berto did against the ghost that shell getting people in trouble thinking its invincible D when its not. soon as it gets cracked they have no clue what to do. Maidana went in there and did his thing. throwing punches in bunches throwing off timing and keeping pressure.

Broner wasn't the only one exposed his corner is "inept" in every sense of the word.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 15 2013, 11:25 AM
Post #9

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Marcus @ Dec 15 2013, 08:29 AM) *
I was thinking this shit all night yesterday! I dont like the way anything was handled in Broners corner. After the first knockdown, Broner's corner had NOOOOO composure. Broner was the one that had to snap every one out of it. How is it that you have Mike Stafford and Kevin Cunningham in your corner and no adjustments were made. Broner had a terrible gameplan coming in. He looked like a Brandon Rios that knows how to shoulder roll. Wayyy to stationary. AB should've been on his bike last night, pivoted more, used his legs, moved. He backed maidana up effectively and Broner eat some big shots so we know he has a chin. Even yesterday he dodged a lot of punches. But his game plan was all wrong.

He needs to go see Floyd Sr. and Pernell Whitaker.
He also needs to watch a couple of Rigondeaux tapes because he has all the tools with no smart gameplan.

Malinaggi made some good points too. Broner is not cerebral enough. He didnt really make any proper adjustments. Maidana didn't only out brawl broner, but he OUTBOXED Broner. He took Broner to school. He jabbed him, broke his body down, and backed him up. SMART pressure. Garcia Vs Garcia for trainer of the year!

BECAUSE NO ONE INCLUDING, BRONER TOOK THIS FIGHT SERIOUSLY! They overlooked Maidana. AB was looking at his next fight. Big mistake

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 15 2013, 08:59 AM) *
The main question am asking myself is that no disrespect to Maidana, but Broner was the better fighter technically, so how did he lose. I think he became hesitant once he felt Maidanas power, then Maidana gassed so he wasn't doing much, and Broner had his way for a round or two then Maidana came back, and by that time Broner had already dialed down the gassed Maidana and never really adjusted. Plus this is not his weight class yet.

Because he did not prepare that is how, He wasn't being a professional, he made boxing his side bitch and not his wife and kid

+Quote Post
Plah
post Dec 15 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 15 2013, 12:25 PM) *
BECAUSE NO ONE INCLUDING, BRONER TOOK THIS FIGHT SERIOUSLY! They overlooked Maidana. AB was looking at his next fight. Big mistake

Because he did not prepare that is how, He wasn't being a professional, he made boxing his side bitch and not his wife and kid

I agree, he took Maidana lightly and paid the price. Now, he shouldn't take the immediate rematch (if there is one). He needs to focus in boxing only and stop being such a ridiculous pos lol. The whole card was really good, Showtime gave us some good shit this year

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 08:22 PM