Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: UFC 101: Declaration 9PM (CST) SPOILERS 9:15, All Comments Here
BigG
post Aug 9 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #21

Choppin Headz Boi!

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 19

I agree Rampage is my favorite love him but he would get tooled by Anderson..Anderson's only fight is against Machida, IMO..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Aug 9 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #22

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 12:38 AM) *
I agree Rampage is my favorite love him but he would get tooled by Anderson..Anderson's only fight is against Machida, IMO..

Amen and I think Machida is the only one who has a chance. They're friends though and said they won't fight each other.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Aug 9 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #23

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 9 2009, 01:38 AM) *

I agree but i highly doubt that fight will ever happen being that there real good firends and training partners but who know's for the right price they may be willing to go at it.

+Quote Post
BigG
post Aug 9 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #24

Choppin Headz Boi!

Member No.: 19

But to me this proves that anyone saying a world class boxer cant hack it in the UFC is a fuckin joke. You just saw PURE boxing demolish Forrest Griffin. Rampage uses pure boxing in all his fights.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 9 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #25

SKULLSPLITTER

Member No.: 4,665

Silva-Griffin was obviously a HUUUUGGGGEEEE mismatch to me. I'm talking like a Pacquiao-Hatton mismatch...and just like the latter bout...I couldn't help but see it from a mile away...

You got a moving sniper with straight, crisp punches in Silva....and you got a lumbering guy who doesn't throw the best punches and uses his face as his D in Griffin...

Add those MMA gloves, and you get "Silva by KO soon".

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 9 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #26

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 9 2009, 02:14 AM) *
Silva-Griffin was obviously a HUUUUGGGGEEEE mismatch to me. I'm talking like a Pacquiao-Hatton mismatch...and just like the latter bout...I couldn't help but see it from a mile away...

You got a moving sniper with straight, crisp punches in Silva....and you got a lumbering guy who doesn't throw the best punches and uses his face as his D in Griffin...

Add those MMA gloves, and you get "Silva by KO soon".

Ditto. As soon as they announced the fight, I thought to myself, "Damn, what the fuck did Forrest do to piss off Dana White?"

I thought it was funny when Dana kept saying Forrest was going to "push" Anderson. On the contrary, Forrest had the perfect style to make Anderson look spectacular. I only regret giving Forrest the benefit of the doubt and saying he'd make it to round 2. My apologies to Mr. Silva.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Ironically, I gave Ricky Hatton that same benefit of the doubt and said he'd make it to round 6. My apologies to Mr. Pacquiao as well.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 9 2009, 02:14 PM
Post #27

SKULLSPLITTER

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 9 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Ditto. As soon as they announced the fight, I thought to myself, "Damn, what the fuck did Forrest do to piss off Dana White?"

I thought it was funny when Dana kept saying Forrest was going to "push" Anderson. On the contrary, Forrest had the perfect style to make Anderson look spectacular. I only regret giving Forrest the benefit of the doubt and saying he'd make it to round 2. My apologies to Mr. Silva.

Ironically, I gave Ricky Hatton that same benefit of the doubt and said he'd make it to round 6. My apologies to Mr. Pacquiao as well.

Same here on Pac-Hat...I threw a little on Round 3...but the majority of my bets were spread throughout the 2nd half of the fight......I gave a burger the benefit too....lol

I can understand many saying Forrest would make it competitive...based on his history, upsets and competitive showings and what not...it is MMA after all...which is way more "The Theater of The Unexpected" than Boxing is....

BUT...when two dudes are around the same size in a professional bout...if one's Fighting IQ and skills are that MUCH greater than the other's, it really reduces the physical advantages the lacking fighter may have...normally giving them only a Puncher's Chance or possibility for a fluke win...

P.S.~ Although it didn't look like Silva brutalized him....Griffin supposedly suffered a dislocated jaw and a busted eardrum.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 9 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #28

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 9 2009, 03:14 PM) *

Same here on Pac-Hat...I threw a little on Round 3...but the majority of my bets were spread throughout the 2nd half of the fight......I gave a burger the benefit too....lol

I can understand many saying Forrest would make it competitive...based on his history, upsets and competitive showings and what not...it is MMA after all...which is way more "The Theater of The Unexpected" than Boxing is....

BUT...when two dudes are around the same size in a professional bout...if one's Fighting IQ and skills are that MUCH greater than the other's, it really reduces the physical advantages the lacking fighter may have...normally giving them only a Puncher's Chance or possibility for a fluke win...

P.S.~ Although it didn't look like Silva brutalized him....Griffin supposedly suffered a dislocated jaw and a busted eardrum.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/black eye.gif)

Just read a story that said it wasn't true. They don't know why he left so abruptly (EMBARRASSMENT, perhaps?) but it wasn't for health reasons.

+Quote Post
The CEO
post Aug 9 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #29

SKULLSPLITTER

Well.....I hope he WAS busted up.....for his sake.

Even that turd, Tim Sylvia, stuck around and faced the music after Fedor took him out in 30 seconds....

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 9 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #30

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (The CEO @ Aug 9 2009, 06:00 PM) *
Well.....I hope he WAS busted up.....for his sake.

Even that turd, Tim Sylvia, stuck around and faced the music after Fedor took him out in 30 seconds....

Sylvia lasted longer with Fedor than he did with Ray Mercer.

Think about it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:00 PM