Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Back With His Dad
MaxPayne
post Feb 14 2013, 08:38 AM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Well, it appears that Floyd Mayweather Sr. will be training his son for the upcoming May 4th bout.

What are your thoughts on this development ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 14 2013, 09:03 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

Saw that...cautiously optimistic. I think this might be what Floyd needs. He may need a lil' "grass roots" return, as he's getting older. Maybe w/ Sr. in camp, PBF won't "run" his camp a la the old Cotto. That being said, Sr. might need to be reminded, he's the "hired" help, NOT the star. If they can't both fulfill their respective roles, this will be "train wreck tv", once again and the naysayers, critics and HBO execs, will be creaming in their pants.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 14 2013, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

If there will be some kind of a drama I am sure, that much like B-Hop, Floyd will be able to train himself in a way. Not saying having a trainer is unnecessary of course!
HOWEVER, I think this will not happen as I am sure Floyd has agreed to his father training him only under the condition Floyd Sr. will not try to be a bigger star. I believe they had been talking a lot about it before the announcement was made.

I too think this can help Floyd. Sometimes during his fight with Cotto he was overly aggressive, which is something Floyd Sr. won't allow. I expect a defensively minded Jr. on May 4th.

Idc if hes fighting Guano or Alexander....even if he would fight a monkey I would tune in just to see how the chemistry between these two is working.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 09:25 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 14 2013, 09:03 AM) *
cautiously optimistic

Couldn't have said it better myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As long as Roger's on 24/7 and I can get a good laugh in, then I'm cool with that. As long as Sr. remembers, "I'm that dad that went to prison, and came home to a son that took care of me by making millions".

As long as he thinks this, then he'll be fine. Unfortunately, he likes to play the "I'm your daddy, I got all of this started" trump card. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 14 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2013, 10:25 AM) *
As long as he thinks this, then he'll be fine. Unfortunately, he likes to play the "I'm your daddy, I got all of this started" trump card. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

It will come up in 24/7s no doubt. HOWEVER....I think that Floyd Sr. had his ego problems mainly because he wasn't in the driving seat and Roger was training lil' Floyd. Once he is in that driving seat (corner) he might act more appropriately...but as I stated above, I think that before Floyd made his decision..an extensive negotiation took place..

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Feb 14 2013, 10:26 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 11:00 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Feb 14 2013, 10:23 AM) *
It will come up in 24/7s no doubt. HOWEVER....I think that Floyd Sr. had his ego problems mainly because he wasn't in the driving seat and Roger was training lil' Floyd. Once he is in that driving seat (corner) he might act more appropriately...but as I stated above, I think that before Floyd made his decision..an extensive negotiation took place..

Let's hope so, lol.

I remember he got out of prison and started training Floyd...that shit lasted every bit of 2 years, and was done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 14 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 14 2013, 10:25 AM) *
Couldn't have said it better myself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

As long as Roger's on 24/7 and I can get a good laugh in, then I'm cool with that. As long as Sr. remembers, "I'm that dad that went to prison, and came home to a son that took care of me by making millions".

I don't like this, his dad is a completely different person than roger. Floyd Sr will not let Floyd do what he wants and that's something Floyd has gotten used to. I think were gonna see a lot of clashing during camp.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 14 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 12:05 PM) *
I don't like this, his dad is a completely different person than roger. Floyd Sr will not let Floyd do what he wants and that's something Floyd has gotten used to. I think were gonna see a lot of clashing during camp.

This "clashing" will pay the bills...I think they know it and use it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 14 2013, 12:03 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 14 2013, 11:05 AM) *

They can clash all they want during camp, but Sr. wont have any control after the first bell rings. Hell, Floyd might pull a Berto and fight a completely different game plan. Well, this time, it will be a Roger-type plan with an excellent shoulder roll, rather than that eye sore that Berto blessed us with for 12 rounds. Lol

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 14 2013, 01:00 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Guess i'm concerned about Roger at this point. Hope he's ok...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:17 PM