> Behind the Scenes, Haymon Is Shaking Up the Fight Game, nice article
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 18 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 18 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Did you just create a parallel b/t Al Haymon & Suge Knight? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

I know you did not get a degree in English or language, I did. So I had to study tone inferences and other methods of persuasive writing. That article was saying or trying to point out that Al is a shady cat and he is basically bad for boxing. They sugar coated the hell out of it but I understood what they were that to say. He plays promoter and manager when you are not suppose to do that. He only cares about the money instead of the fighter. Stop just reading the print and go beyond it.

Suge Knight despite his image is a very good business man. because his company was taking so much away from the major record labels. They tried to way what he was doing unethical but what he was doing was no different than any other label. It is called similarities, Stop being such a patronizing bitch, it is starting to get annoying.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 08:14 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 18 2011, 08:06 PM) *
I know you did not get a degree in English or language, I did.

Did you just credential "drop"? SMH.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

I know you did not get a degree in English or language, I did. So I had to study tone inferences and other methods of persuasive writing. That article was saying or trying to point out that Al is a shady cat and he is basically bad for boxing. They sugar coated the hell out of it but I understood what they were that to say. He plays promoter and manager when you are not suppose to do that. He only cares about the money instead of the fighter. Stop just reading the print and go beyond it.

Suge Knight despite his image is a very good business man. because his company was taking so much away from the major record labels. They tried to way what he was doing unethical but what he was doing was no different than any other label. It is called similarities, Stop being such a patronizing bitch, it is starting to get annoying.

Conspiracy theory much? Btw, Al IS a "shady" cat, b/c boxing is a "shady" business, but he isn't alone in this. Contrary to what you might think, there is no "honor" among thieves.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 18 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 19 2011, 01:06 AM) *

really? are you sure thats what the article does because am sure from everything it says is that he adds money to boxers and the fans, did you buy your degree?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 08:21 PM
Post #15

Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 18 2011, 08:18 PM) *
really? are you sure thats what the article does because am sure from everything it says is that he adds money to boxers and the fans, did you buy your degree?

+1

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Dec 18 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #16

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

The article was interesting and objective, at least I found it to be. I mean I wish I knew more about Al's background. He seems like a introverted analytical type, yet he runs promotions for entertainers. Obviously, he's very smart and intelligent and I am curious to know how he made all these contacts with him being such an introvert. Then maybe I don't know the business of promoting, but then again King and Arum are always in your face and at least in boxing they are the best. I don't know about music artists though. So Haymon is an enigma to me as far as him being able to promote fighters like that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

The point is, some things should be thoroughly explained before being used as examples. As its been said, Al Haymon was pretty big in the music business, even if his name wasn't put out there like that. So, I see why you used it as a comparison to Suge Knight and the music business, though it may not all have added up.

Haymon may only care about money instead of the fighter (according to your observation), but it appears that his fighters are past satisfied with his work. Suge Knight was only a good businessman because "pain compliance" usually followed the ones who didn't want to roll with it. I dont remember hearing about Al Haymon trying to fuck anybody up if they didn't peep his campaign...

NOW, if you want to talk about that, then we can point towards James Prince (owner/president of Rap-A-Lot Records) who managed FMJ, Corrales, Mosley, and more than a few fighters. This may be a rumor, but he (James) and some of his people came after Floyd with baseball bats over some money. Anybody can help me out with that story since I cant 100% confirm it, but being the fact that he (James) dealt with a bunch of thugs in the music business, Im sure he knows how to be a "very good business man".

Hell, J. Prince was at the Ward fight last night. He may have something to do with Ward...

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 19 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 18 2011, 08:40 PM) *
The point is, some thing should be thoroughly explained before being used as examples. As its been said, Al Haymon was pretty big in the music business, even if his name wasn't put out there like that. So, I see why you used it as a comparison to Suge Knight and the music business, though it may not all have added up.

Haymon may only care about money instead of the fighter (according to your observation), but it appears that his fighters are past satisfied with his work. Suge Knight was only a good businessman because "pain compliance" usually followed the ones who didn't want to roll with it. I dont remember hearing about Al Haymon trying to fuck anybody up if they didn't peep his campaign...

NOW, if you want to talk about that, then we can point towards James Prince (owner/president of Rap-A-Lot Records) who managed FMJ, Corrales, Mosley, and more than a few fighters. This may be a rumor, but he (James) and some of his people came after Floyd with baseball bats over some money. Anybody can help me out with that story since I cant 100% confirm it, but being the fact that he (James) dealt with a bunch of thugs in the music business, Im sure he knows how to be a "very good business man".

Hell, J. Prince was at the Ward fight last night. He may have something to do with Ward...

I think I remember that, was it during the mayweather agustus fight that he promoted him?

This has been a pretty interesting thread, personally I like what al haymon does for his fighters. He seems to try to.get them the best possible fights and they never seem to complain about their split. And he does most of his work on the dl unlike the rest of these loud mouth promoters.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 19 2011, 01:48 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 19 2011, 01:21 PM) *
I think I remember that, was it during the mayweather agustus fight that he promoted him?

This has been a pretty interesting thread, personally I like what al haymon does for his fighters. He seems to try to.get them the best possible fights and they never seem to complain about their split. And he does most of his work on the dl unlike the rest of these loud mouth promoters.

I believe he was somewhat of a manager to Floyd, and I remember him being around quite often in the early parts for Floyd's career. Thats the funniest part about Al Haymon, you hardly ever (if ever) hear his fighters complain about anything (FMJ, Broner, P. Williams, Russell, Berto, and a few others).

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Dec 19 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #20

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Haymon is a genius, to get your fighter most of the income in revenues, gate and upfront cash plus the ppv sales is just straight genius. How can anyone dislike this man? He makes his fighters get rich and wealthy in a small amount of time. The chance of Pacquaio going to Haymon is as much of a chance that Windbag Arum will make the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight happen. Who is this Almenjoi character? They have terrible English literature skills and their analogies is a bit off.

Bar none Haymon is considered the best in the business to get a fighter paid without any worries. I think if Floyd would have went to Haymon earlier on in his career he wouldn't have fought the likes of Corrales, Castillo, Hernandez, and even Corley. Haymon allows his fighters to face sublime competition while getting paid alot. If you were a fighter coming up and you had the choice would you go to Dibella or Haymon? Exactly.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 05:23 AM