Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andrea Ward and TMT?
Dolimite
post May 8 2014, 09:45 AM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

Everyone knows Ward is having promotional issues... everyone knows that Floyd and Dre had their bitch fit moment with each other. During the press conference, Floyd gave a shout out to Ward, Ward in turn has been saying nice things about Floyd. I'm thinking, maybe TMT can pull a SugeKnight move and pay out Ward's contract. He could fight some name opponents be on big PPV events and finally start making the money he deserves. He can even move to Vegas and become a house hold name. He can fight Adonis, B Hop if he wants, GGG and a bunch of other cats. If Floyd wants TMT to be on the map he needs marquee fighters, the ones he has now, they struggling. If Rigo and Ward sign with TMT we could see his promotional company sky rocket.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

You must've missed the interview yesterday where he said he's not going to 175. It's not happening so let's take Hopkins and Adonis and any other LHW you wanna throw in out the equation. And take GGG ass out too, if he wanted to fight the man he wouldn't of leap frogged Andre to fight Chavez Jr.

As far a sbuying out the contract, that'd be a good idea. Maybe he can buy out Garcia's contract as well and bring him over. I do think at some point Floyd is going to have to get a new crop of guys in there. Having a Rigo or a Garcia or a Ward would raise his promotional company to another level.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 8 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2014, 07:04 AM) *
You must've missed the interview yesterday where he said he's not going to 175. It's not happening so let's take Hopkins and Adonis and any other LHW you wanna throw in out the equation. And take GGG ass out too, if he wanted to fight the man he wouldn't of leap frogged Andre to fight Chavez Jr.

As far a sbuying out the contract, that'd be a good idea. Maybe he can buy out Garcia's contract as well and bring him over. I do think at some point Floyd is going to have to get a new crop of guys in there. Having a Rigo or a Garcia or a Ward would raise his promotional company to another level.

What is at 168 for him? I don't know.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2014, 10:20 AM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Bladomire, Kell Brooks, Clottley, Thurmond, Glovkin, and now Andrea Ward?! Just how many names are you gonna carelessly butcher around here???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2014, 10:21 AM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 8 2014, 10:09 AM) *
What is at 168 for him? I don't know.

You don't move up just because it appears to be nothing out there. At the end of the day these fighter's now there body's better the anyone else does, you have to grow into a weight class, not move up because fans want you to. The consumer is unloyal any way, he moves up to 175 wins and then they'll say the people he fought and beat he was supposed to do that to. Then he's in another no win situation. What he's doing is smart and commendable. You doing the same stuff everybody else doing. What names are out there at 175 besides Adonis and Kovalev, he'll never fight Hopkins so that's out. There's no one at 175 either

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-on-f...kin-more--77544

ďIím not a Light Heavyweight guys and thatís what it is. I know that thereís been a lot of noise of Kovalev but thatís one fight. Thatís not even a pay per view fight. Thatís a premium network television fight. And then when I get there, beat Kovalev theyíre going to say heís just a puncher, one dimensional, and then where do I go from there? Iím stuck at Light Heavyweight with no options,Ē declared Ward.

ďWhen people say there are not fights, there are more fights at 168 for me than at 175. [Adonis] Stevenson is gone. Thereís one fight and itís not even a pay per view fight so I just want to understand this push to Light Heavyweight. Iím not a Light Heavyweight. I donít walk around 200 [pounds] or 190Ē.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 8 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2014, 08:20 AM) *
Bladomire, Kell Brooks, Clottley, Thurmond, Glovkin, and now Andrea Ward?! Just how many names are you gonna carelessly butcher around here???

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

Lol. Wait and see.

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 8 2014, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i love how ward is calling out ggg, a smaller guy, yet he isnt willing to go up tp 175 to get a big fight. talk about hypocrits. there is absolutely nothing for ward at 168, hes high risk low reward, his only chance at anything is to move up, nobody is going to fioght him at 168, hes too good. im not defending ggg at all, i think for him to call out mayweather is a bitch move, but then not wanna fight ward, yet hes wiling to fight chavez at 168, all these boxers are hypocrits.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 8 2014, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

I thought GGG was ready to face JCCJr at 168?... even better, thought he was ready for anyone from 154 to 175?... those lying ass handlers, I'm old school, I like when a fighter dominates his division for years like Hopkins at 160. Ward will go to 175 in due time, not for 1 fight that isn't even a blockbuster

my advice for Ward would be stay put for JCCJr and GGG

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 8 2014, 07:03 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

He needs to get active. He should have fought 3 times this year on HBO. Let HBO announcers slurp you for 12 rounds while you school someone fairly easily. That builds your brand and keeps you in the public's eye. You don't want to fight at 175 against the bigger name fighters? No problem...but be active. Collect paydays. He needs to stop his retarded beef with his promoter and fight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

He says the Kovalev fight isn't a PPV fight, well he ain't even a PPV fighter.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 07:05 AM