IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10:30PM(ET)/7:30PM(PT)-Mares vs. Gonzalez-SPOILERS, No Dupicate Threads, New Spoilers, or Public Streams.
bnoles4life
post Aug 25 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #41

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 25 2013, 11:47 AM) *
Man...Abner's legs bent back like a decepticon when he hit the deck, smh. Is it me, or were those counts a liiiiittle too quick? I mean damn, it's like the first count started as soon as the punch landed, rather than the moment he hit the deck.

I'm sure we're all in the same boat, thinking that Abner should've held. He was getting hit with unnecessary shots, and truthfully, only 3 of those shots put him out, as his legs were already on vacation. I like Abner and his warrior spirit (despite some of his dirty bouts in the past), but c'mon dude, fuck the fans, fuck that "I'm going out on my shield" nonsense...be a PROFESSIONAL and do what professionals do...find a way to stay in the fight.

Gladly for Abner, Gonzalez is a pretty beatable guy, so I can see him winning the rematch. Sad thing is, if he wins, then Gonzalez will want a rematch...as rightfully so. So yes, this loss set Abner back a bit. Gladly, he didn't get ripped like this by the likes of Rigondeaux. I mean, who would a rematch with him, after decisively getting their asses handed to them?

Getting beat by Rigo, is like checking that dude that dunks on you (read: grazes his balls across your forehead) on the basketball court...you'll probably look for somebody else to check afterwards...no need to try and block him again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

LMBO!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 26 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 24 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Cant wait for this card! This is the most action we've had in August in a while.

I still haven't seen this Gonzalez guy fight, but I'll blame it some not-so-cool posters (Check, Professor, etc.). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I believe Santa Cruz is matched to look good tonight, so I wont put too much stock into this fight. (Hopefully I'm not sleeping on this fight, lol).

my bad! i missed that part of your post. i just realized i didn't even give a prediction on this fight in my own thread!!! so here it goes: gonzalez by first round ko. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what a night of fights!!! i had a blast! that is my favorite spot to see fights in L.A. only time i was ever disappointed there was donaire/mathebula.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 26 2013, 11:09 PM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Abner does deserve a break but he was pretty wreckless in there, got caught twice with his hand completely down against a guy who can crack. Gotta question his gameplan

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 26 2013, 11:11 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2013, 04:32 PM) *
my bad! i missed that part of your post. i just realized i didn't even give a prediction on this fight in my own thread!!! so here it goes: gonzalez by first round ko. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

what a night of fights!!! i had a blast! that is my favorite spot to see fights in L.A. only time i was ever disappointed there was donaire/mathebula.

What?!? I thought that fight was pretty competitive... I didn't even know that was in Carson

That place is electric though I would recommend it to anyone that loves boxing check it out. It's not too expensive and the place is usually packed and the cards have been good.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 27 2013, 03:19 PM
Post #45

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 26 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Abner does deserve a break but he was pretty wreckless in there, got caught twice with his hand completely down against a guy who can crack. Gotta question his gameplan

actually...the more i think about it, abner has gotten all the breaks. he got away with low blows against darchinyan...low blows and kidney punches against agbeko in both fights...and he got away with all of his rough house tactics against moreno. he didn't have a chance to do any of that with gonzalez. he's always had flaws, but he's just been able to get away with them because he'd bully his opposition.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 28 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 27 2013, 04:19 PM) *
actually...the more i think about it, abner has gotten all the breaks. he got away with low blows against darchinyan...low blows and kidney punches against agbeko in both fights...and he got away with all of his rough house tactics against moreno. he didn't have a chance to do any of that with gonzalez. he's always had flaws, but he's just been able to get away with them because he'd bully his opposition.

As much as I couldn't stand Abner's dirty tactics back then, I cant lie, I felt bad when he hit that Beat Street back bend on the way to the canvas after that left hand landed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 28 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #47

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 27 2013, 12:11 AM) *
What?!? I thought that fight was pretty competitive... I didn't even know that was in Carson

That place is electric though I would recommend it to anyone that loves boxing check it out. It's not too expensive and the place is usually packed and the cards have been good.

it was competitive...but ask the filipino fans that ooh'd and aaaah'd ever time donaire swung at the air. that shit was annoying more than anything. u would have thought it was in the philippines if u were there.

definitely electric...not a bad seat in the house. always a great time.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Aug 28 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Aug 28 2013, 08:40 PM) *
As much as I couldn't stand Abner's dirty tactics back then, I cant lie, I felt bad when he hit that Beat Street back bend on the way to the canvas after that left hand landed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Aug 28 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #49

Super Middleweight

Mares executed his rematch clause

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 28 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Aug 28 2013, 11:20 PM) *
Mares executed his rematch clause

Mares is a bad fothermucker!

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:38 AM