Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has Floyd Mayweather retired?
Kratza
post Oct 7 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,360

He hasn't really said anything about his career since he has been out of jail and really isn't talking much about anything, has he retired?
I believe he is retired but hasn't announced anything yet, I've thought this ever since he got out of jail.
But anyway what are your thoughts and have you found anything to say that he definitely isn't retired?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 7 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Until I hear anything from Floyd directly, I refuse to speculate about him retiring.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 7 2012, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

If the money's right, of coarse not.

+Quote Post
Archimedes
post Oct 7 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #4

Amateur

Member No.: 13,487

QUOTE (Kratza @ Oct 7 2012, 11:58 AM) *
He hasn't really said anything about his career since he has been out of jail and really isn't talking much about anything, has he retired?
I believe he is retired but hasn't announced anything yet, I've thought this ever since he got out of jail.
But anyway what are your thoughts and have you found anything to say that he definitely isn't retired?

I don't think he's retired but it's pretty clear Floyd isn't fighting again this year. The problem with a Floyd Mayweather fight is that he needs enough time to promote an event of that magnitude, and more importantly he's got to have the right dance partner i.e. someone that stands a reasonable chance of appeasing the desire of some fans out there for Floyd to get his ass kicked.

He very well may want to fight, but who would he fight and would he get the kind of money he's used to getting. You don't become the highest paid athlete (without endorsements) by putting on poor events. So how many fighters out there can fit the bill of potential Mayweather opponent? I'm sure any of us could rattle off a few names, but would those names make any business sense to Floyd and his team?

There's no way he can retire right now, he likes spending money, and at the rate he's spending it I wonder how much he'll have left when his career is over?

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 8 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

I doubt he will retire until he gets the Canelo and pacquiao fights. 2 much cash to leave by retiring now

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 9 2012, 10:38 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

In all honesty, if I did a month + in solitary, the only thing I'd be thinking about is getting me some pussy and chilling with my kids... not about going through another long training camp and fighting a man in a ring. I personally thin he wont fight until next year and I actually think it will be against Manny.

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Oct 9 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 9 2012, 04:38 PM) *
In all honesty, if I did a month + in solitary, the only thing I'd be thinking about is getting me some pussy and chilling with my kids... not about going through another long training camp and fighting a man in a ring. I personally thin he wont fight until next year and I actually think it will be against Manny.

Unless its the only chance Floyd will get to fight Manny, i honestly dont want to see the fight next, i think Mayweather should have a softer touch first and then go for the Pacquiao fight

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 9 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Same relatively quiet Floyd that we always see between fights. Im sure he's waiting for something to pop off in the next upcoming WW fights before the year ends. That Canelo fight has "payday" written all over it, though Canelo has hardly done anything to deserve it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 11 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #9

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Something tells me around Marquez v Manny, he'll be back to his old self lol

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Oct 14 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #10

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,750

Man, he has not even equalled the lay off between Hatton and Marquez.

I predict a fight by next September, December 2013 latest.

No earlier....

Pacquiao fight...2014 or Xmas 2013/14

Floyd is a one fight a year fighter since he made all those bills in the Hatton fight...by choice.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/friends.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:13 PM