> Porter wants maidana., Showtime is only beguining
checkleft
post Dec 22 2013, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

http://www.boxingscene.com/porters-trainer...fication--73004

This is a ballsy call. I love the matchup, and porter is no picnic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 22 2013, 09:10 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good Laaawd....

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Dec 22 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #3

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Really good match up here and we would get a good night boxing if they both fought. I hope Mayweather fights Khan first and then Maidana can unify with Porter....winner gets Mayweather in September.

Maidana by TKO mid late rounds in a very tough fight since Porter likees to bully on the inside and swarms his opponents. Honestly it all depends if Porters chin is legit.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Dec 22 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,789

Great fight...

People willing to step-up should be rewarded... ill be watching

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 22 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 22 2013, 09:37 PM) *
Really good match up here and we would get a good night boxing if they both fought. I hope Mayweather fights Khan first and then Maidana can unify with Porter....winner gets Mayweather in September.

Maidana by TKO mid late rounds in a very tough fight since Porter likees to bully on the inside and swarms his opponents. Honestly it all depends if Porters chin is legit.

I think they'll try and cash Maidana out, and make the most of the upset that he just produced in the Broner fight.

Maidana may have his way with Porter in spurts, but Porter is a dog, and I don't expect him to go out laying down...not that you said that or anything. Who do you think will "outbully" the other, in this one?

+Quote Post
Jovi2016
post Dec 22 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 14,036

Definitely respectable and smart move for porter to get his name out there. I can see it happening but i dont see it happening next. Good to see a new face though, i never heard of this dude before the Alexander fight, him and Thurman and malinaggi should meet up soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Maidana is gonna be tied to a big fight for his next fight, either way i think he'll be on the May 3rd card but against who is the real question. Maidana could get the Mayweather fight, but that would be too easy and predictable so ill take it as an easy 2nd or 3rd choice. Maidana vs Garcia or Maidana vs Khan 2 will be one of the double header fights. Saving the main even for dun duh duh dun Mayweather vs Sergio Martinez main event...Mayweather = $$, 2 Argentinians= $$, Khan apparently= $$ if used correctly. They should even put Matthysse in there against thurman but i may be asking for too much. $$ May 3rd either way no matter who is fighting.

Damn Khan,Garcia, and Maidana are a triangle that needs to be completed with the Garcia vs Maidana fight. How could Mayweather choose Khan if Garcia knocked out Khan, and how could he pick Maidana after Khan got the W (though it was a close fight and i favor maidana in a rematch). 147 is very interesting right now, which is exactly why Mayweather shouldnt fight at 147 yet unless its get pac but im not even bringing that fight up until after he announces his next opponent which i doubt will be pac only because he still involved with Arum.

Mayweather wanted Canelo on his undercard but i get the feeling Canelo aint having it, so a backup for mayweather to tap into that demographic may have to use this perfect timed win with Maidana to cash out on, while giving the L to Martinez before he fights Canelo or Cotto and retires.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Dec 22 2013, 11:17 PM
Post #7

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 22 2013, 10:38 PM) *
I think they'll try and cash Maidana out, and make the most of the upset that he just produced in the Broner fight.

Maidana may have his way with Porter in spurts, but Porter is a dog, and I don't expect him to go out laying down...not that you said that or anything. Who do you think will "outbully" the other, in this one?

I'm not sure who will outbully the other, however I will always believe that Maidana is the ultimate litmus test, a real soul checker if you let him and Porters style will definitely allow Maidana to see his soul. I believe Porter will be extemely tough but if his chin is legit then it's very possible he gets the win. My thing is Maidana has never lost in a toe to toe fight so it will be interesting if Shawn could hurt Marcos.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 23 2013, 12:32 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 23 2013, 12:17 AM) *
I'm not sure who will outbully the other, however I will always believe that Maidana is the ultimate litmus test, a real soul checker if you let him and Porters style will definitely allow Maidana to see his soul. I believe Porter will be extemely tough but if his chin is legit then it's very possible he gets the win. My thing is Maidana has never lost in a toe to toe fight so it will be interesting if Shawn could hurt Marcos.

Marcos can definitely be hurt. But I think porter will definitely bug maidana, he smothers work on the inside, but Marcos likes to loop his shots from the outside. A good action fight should result

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 23 2013, 01:15 AM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

To me, Porter will always have a ? over those two eyes of his. Suffering those horrible cuts a few fights ago leaves him vulnerable going into a fight against a puncher like Maidana, but nobody can question this dudes heart and determination the way he's been able to fight through adversity to win up to now and be able to take it to a solid opponent in Alexander. Maidana, as I've said, needs an encore like, follow up performance after the Broner fight before I can consider him legit opposition for FM and a solid statement would be to unify the division against a Shawn Porter.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 23 2013, 01:39 AM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

floyd has first dibs. porter just got here and doesn't have a real title. wba set up a tournament to see who their real champ is and stop with the bullshit.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:19 AM