IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO Boxing Production Values in the Crapper!
Dolimite
post Jul 10 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #31

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 02:03 PM) *
I'm not based because he's from Chicago lol. You confusing me with professor, he's the one who thinks everything is cali is awesome. He was born in Chicago but he ain't Chicago lol

When I say Com is GOAT I'm saying emceeing, he's one of the tops to touch the mic, professor is a cali dry humper. don't feed into his bs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I liked his voice over work on the all access but i'm not saying he's better then the dude who did 24/7. His voice was perfect for that. I think Sam L Jackson would be good in this capacity as well

Man has sense, that is why they call him Professor

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 03:38 PM) *
don't be mad at me because i had the courage/intelligence to leave the chi. cali is the shit...i can't front. i'm a citizen of the world. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

com is not a goat emcee with his fake ass new york wannabe accent. don't nobody from the southside talk or sound like that cat and u know it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

sam jackson would be perfect!!! as would morgan freeman and many others. when them cats narrate...they don't sound like they're reading...and we don't have to wait for them to flip a page to finish a thought. i would think that common's huxtible like ass would be able to read better.

No truer words have ever been spoken!! To quote one of your hometown boys "Welcome to the good life!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 05:59 PM
Post #32

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 05:40 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

goat=greates of all times....

common ain't the goat of shit!!! let's be real. rakim, nas, krs, biggie...even tupac have more claim to that. common is better than most....but he is by no means a goat emcee. i may be gone....but i got more years in the chi than u do. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If you don't think he's one of the tops to bless the mic then I don't know what to tell you. We all have opinions.

You may have more years but it ain't where you from its where you at, and your a smart little cookie, how do you think your opinion would be perceived here saying that lol. You know what time it is, you was born here you left, you cali, you ain't from here no more. You the David Ruffin of chicago fam. You ain't no chi no more, now get out or get carried out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 06:00 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jul 10 2013, 05:50 PM) *
Man has sense, that is why they call him Professor

No truer words have ever been spoken!! To quote one of your hometown boys "Welcome to the good life!"

Why do you and professor always wanna argue with me, yall even got check coming at my neck, we supposed to be brothas lol

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 06:05 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 10 2013, 05:38 PM) *
don't be mad at me because i had the courage/intelligence to leave the chi. cali is the shit...i can't front. i'm a citizen of the world. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

com is not a goat emcee with his fake ass new york wannabe accent. don't nobody from the southside talk or sound like that cat and u know it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

sam jackson would be perfect!!! as would morgan freeman and many others. when them cats narrate...they don't sound like they're reading...and we don't have to wait for them to flip a page to finish a thought. i would think that common's huxtible like ass would be able to read better.

I could never be mad at you for making a move you felt was necessary. A Lot of my friends who train fighters done moved there and keep trying to get me to move out thete
I won't front and say some years back that I didn't consider it

I'm saying for me, and many others, he's a goat on the mic. I think he's an avg actor but I can't take him too serious after that crap he put out with queen latifah. he has a movie bi watched on Netflix called luv, now that's a good one. He did well in it
He ain't a leading man type though hut musically I give him all the props in the world

So do you favor them switching it up or just keeping it the same? I'd like to see Jackson or Freeman get a run at it, that would be pretty cool

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 06:09 PM
Post #35

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 04:52 PM) *
He's a good mcee. But if anyone deserves GOAT status from the chi it lupe

His voice overs were really good tho. But I like hbos as well

I grew up with lupe. he really blossomed into the person he is now because as kids he wasn't like that at all. People try to play him but musically he provides substance. Not this same old shot em bull crap we hear

I like Hbo also. I think it's liev schriber who does 24/7. dudes voice was made for that kind of work

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 06:59 PM) *
If you don't think he's one of the tops to bless the mic then I don't know what to tell you. We all have opinions.

You may have more years but it ain't where you from its where you at, and your a smart little cookie, how do you think your opinion would be perceived here saying that lol. You know what time it is, you was born here you left, you cali, you ain't from here no more. You the David Ruffin of chicago fam. You ain't no chi no more, now get out or get carried out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

sometimes u gotta leave to achieve greatness....there were many before me...there'll be others after.

nat king cole
sam cooke
lou rawls
chaka khan...

just to name a few. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 07:05 PM) *
I could never be mad at you for making a move you felt was necessary. A Lot of my friends who train fighters done moved there and keep trying to get me to move out thete
I won't front and say some years back that I didn't consider it

I'm saying for me, and many others, he's a goat on the mic. I think he's an avg actor but I can't take him too serious after that crap he put out with queen latifah. he has a movie bi watched on Netflix called luv, now that's a good one. He did well in it
He ain't a leading man type though hut musically I give him all the props in the world

So do you favor them switching it up or just keeping it the same? I'd like to see Jackson or Freeman get a run at it, that would be pretty cool

i think them giving floyd executive producer credits on the show was great for him...but not so great for their future. not everyone can pull that off. it was cool in the beginning and it's nice seeing all the behind the scenes shit...but it's old. none of it is new. we know all about floyd now...the same way we knew all about pac on 24/7. how many times can that shit be rehashed? throwing common in there seemed like a good idea up front...but listening and watching...i felt it was a mistake. i'd like to see them try a few formulas to keep shit fresh. they do it with their commentary so why not? while we're at it... they need to get rid of that mma dude. he fucks up the commentary for me.

as for common...truth be told...he's one of my favorites but i can't bestow the goat label on him.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 10 2013, 07:47 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 07:09 PM) *
I grew up with lupe. he really blossomed into the person he is now because as kids he wasn't like that at all. People try to play him but musically he provides substance. Not this same old shot em bull crap we hear

I like Hbo also. I think it's liev schriber who does 24/7. dudes voice was made for that kind of work

you're a northsider? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jul 10 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #39

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Jul 10 2013, 06:09 PM) *

Lupe is the truth. I'm from cali and I can tell you most cali rappers get on my fucking nerves. There's only a few cal rappers past and present that are pretty good.

The Hbo dude does a great job, I think he does some other documentaries as well

This post has been edited by checkleft: Jul 10 2013, 08:05 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Jul 10 2013, 09:23 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jul 10 2013, 08:04 PM) *
Lupe is the truth. I'm from cali and I can tell you most cali rappers get on my fucking nerves. There's only a few cal rappers past and present that are pretty good.

The Hbo dude does a great job, I think he does some other documentaries as well

I rock with some cali rappers, kendrick, Jay rock, schoolboy from there too right? I like glasses Malone even though his album ain't never coming out. Of course I still rock with snoop, day, cube, wc,.. a lot of them

That Hbo guy made 24/7 to Mr. I used to love when he would say "The fight.....is 7 days Away" I knew it was go time then lol

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 06:13 AM