IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there some type of double standard??, Express yourself please!!
The Original MrF...
post Mar 28 2013, 06:10 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ Mar 28 2013, 04:22 PM) *
When Broner was arrested the internet (particularly boxing forums, especially those that dislike Floyd) were filled with a plethora of hate-filled comments aimed at Adrien for his antics but I feel that carrying a gun in an airport (unless you are security or the Po Po) is a much more dangerous crime but oddly enough I haven't seen much animosity aimed at Robert Guerrero for his stupidity.

Is there some type of double standard? Or am I just too suspicious<<<LOL

No double standard. Its a personality thing. Mayweather Jr Jr is that ninja that you love to hate and Guerrero is regarded as one of boxings "nice guys." Its just that simple. Mayweather Jr Jr took this tact to make people watch his fights to see him lose. It worked great for his daddy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Mar 28 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

As far as sports as a whole in terms of the way some athletes get treated then Yes. Rothelisberger was hemmed up with that rape shit on two separate occasions, he gets shown love all the time. But not Vick, they out here sending him death threats. Look at Mcwgwire and Bonds in baseball, it's a clear difference in terms of how their situations went down and how they're viewed

I can go on and on but in this case I've been seeing a lot of hate for Guerrero and it's mainly because of his bible thumpin. Sure Broner will get more publicity but he's more known then Guerrero. But out of the two I think Guerrero is clearly the dumbest one.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 28 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #13

Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

The question is why does this supposed man of God need to carry a gun? No weapon can be formed against him that could hurt him and if the Lord is your sword and shield why need a gun? That is my question.

Guerrero no one has heard of and Broner is making a name for himself by being the supposed heir to the Mayweather throne... Oh by the way Broner is black and you know how they feel about young flashy black men.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 28 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Mar 28 2013, 04:32 PM) *
There was more fallout over Broner eating stripper box than Guerrero bringing a gun to one of the most frequented airports in the world.

As he should be stoned to death for such an offense as eating a stripper's box. This is in the bible somewhere.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 28 2013, 10:15 PM
Post #15

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 07:14 PM) *
As he should be stoned to death for such an offense as eating a stripper's box. This is in the bible somewhere.

So I am going to hell? Damn!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 28 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 28 2013, 11:15 PM) *
So I am going to hell? Damn!

In a hand basket sir...in a hand basket.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Mar 28 2013, 10:34 PM
Post #17

Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Mar 28 2013, 08:16 PM) *
In a hand basket sir...in a hand basket.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

Shit! Well am I wrong to say it was worth it? She told me she was a dancer and I didn't want to hear anymore...LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) well I thought about marrying her... does that help?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 28 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Mar 28 2013, 11:34 PM) *
Shit! Well am I wrong to say it was worth it? She told me she was a dancer and I didn't want to hear anymore...LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif) well I thought about marrying her... does that help?

Yo D...your credibility is dying a slow death as we speak!

If you did all of that, then admit to some of it, and cover up the rest of it...standard procedure.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Mar 28 2013, 11:14 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Meh one guy is clearly seeking attention, the other made a mistake. Like I said before people are biased against RG for his Jesus comments

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Mar 28 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ Mar 28 2013, 11:14 PM) *
Meh one guy is clearly seeking attention, the other made a mistake. Like I said before people are biased against RG for his Jesus comments

Yeah, I'm not sure why (other than Christ simply telling us what is sin) more and more it seems people are hating on Jesus. Robert Guerrero obviously has to do things better do if he wants to walk in the ways of the Lord because he's setting a bad example for Christianity if he allows his mouth and things like this to define him.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th April 2014 - 11:29 PM