IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

30 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alveraz vs. Trout: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, Public Streams, or Discussion of NBC Card
Cshel86
post Apr 22 2013, 02:50 PM
Post #281

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 22 2013, 12:21 PM) *
I go back to the fight overall. Trout fought full rounds and I stand by my statement. If Guerrero fought like Trout then yes he should win and if Mayweather fights like Saul then he should lose. I would of accepted a draw but like you said Trout should blame himself. I guess the stage was too big but in my opinion and the opinion of many others Trout won.

I have to be honest here...Im not sure if those rounds were truly hard to score, or if they just hard to give to Trout.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VJones
post Apr 22 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #282

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,614

I thought Austin pulled out the victory by being the busier fighter (I detest watching fighters take off most of a round and then trying to steal it in the last 30 seconds. It annoys me, and I usually penalize a fighter on my scorecard...but I was not at all impressed by Austin's performance. His confidence, which was at an all-time high leading up to the fight, seemed to crash by the time he got to the ring. He didn't have that same look he had for Cotto. Now, I know there were some distractions...the renege on "objective" judges...flying conditions...and a hispanic team member/friend being beat up by Canelo fans earlier in the day, for being a part of Team Trout. So there may have been some mental challenges to overcome...but all of that is part of the fight game. Mental warfare is equal in importance (and sometimes more so) to the physical fight.

I think Trout himself summed it up well: "I tried my best, but didn't do my best." Texas + GBP + Money (the green, and Mayweather) meant he couldn't leave any doubt. It's not fair...but unfortunately it's the current state of affairs in boxing.

As for Canelo, he showed some new leaves in there, but no new branches. He's developing well. But I personally find it hard to stomach any "athlete" in any sport that gasses easily. He's gotta get that together before his name and the word "elite" can be considered in the same sentence.

For my thoughts on 'Nelo's performance and what I'd like to see in his future, I point to the great JMM's outlook on Canelo's win (via boxingscene):

"A win over Trout [does] not confirm that [Canelo] is the best, because there are higher quality opponents out there. This [is] an important step for Canelo and [a win over Trout gives him] access to bigger fights. He has to face the right opponents and prove that he is a great fighter - opponents like Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez, Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara. He has to fight against those kind of opponents to prove that he's among the best in the world. That's where it should be confirmed [that he's great] and where [he will] gain greater credibility."

I concur.

As for the push for Mayweather, I have to SMH a little. Rehydrating to Super-middleweight? He should be trying to clean out his division and then move up to 160 and further make his mark. Trying to fight welterweights and jr. welters when you're that big is just pathetic. (Regardless of that welter being pound-for-pound #1). But if he wants it so bad, I'd like to see Floyd give to him. He's not ready for Mayweather yet.

Put him back in the pot. Add seasoning.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 22 2013, 04:40 PM
Post #283

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I think Floyd does what Martinez did to Jr, depending if he still has those legs.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 06:30 PM
Post #284

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 22 2013, 05:40 PM) *
I think Floyd does what Martinez did to Jr, depending if he still has those legs.

i think floyd is waaay too small for jcc jr. not a good fight for him. canelo is easier.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 22 2013, 06:32 PM
Post #285

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (VJones @ Apr 22 2013, 05:22 PM) *
I thought Austin pulled out the victory by being the busier fighter (I detest watching fighters take off most of a round and then trying to steal it in the last 30 seconds. It annoys me, and I usually penalize a fighter on my scorecard...but I was not at all impressed by Austin's performance. His confidence, which was at an all-time high leading up to the fight, seemed to crash by the time he got to the ring. He didn't have that same look he had for Cotto. Now, I know there were some distractions...the renege on "objective" judges...flying conditions...and a hispanic team member/friend being beat up by Canelo fans earlier in the day, for being a part of Team Trout. So there may have been some mental challenges to overcome...but all of that is part of the fight game. Mental warfare is equal in importance (and sometimes more so) to the physical fight.

I think Trout himself summed it up well: "I tried my best, but didn't do my best." Texas + GBP + Money (the green, and Mayweather) meant he couldn't leave any doubt. It's not fair...but unfortunately it's the current state of affairs in boxing.

As for Canelo, he showed some new leaves in there, but no new branches. He's developing well. But I personally find it hard to stomach any "athlete" in any sport that gasses easily. He's gotta get that together before his name and the word "elite" can be considered in the same sentence.

For my thoughts on 'Nelo's performance and what I'd like to see in his future, I point to the great JMM's outlook on Canelo's win (via boxingscene):

"A win over Trout [does] not confirm that [Canelo] is the best, because there are higher quality opponents out there. This [is] an important step for Canelo and [a win over Trout gives him] access to bigger fights. He has to face the right opponents and prove that he is a great fighter - opponents like Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez, Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara. He has to fight against those kind of opponents to prove that he's among the best in the world. That's where it should be confirmed [that he's great] and where [he will] gain greater credibility."

I concur.

As for the push for Mayweather, I have to SMH a little. Rehydrating to Super-middleweight? He should be trying to clean out his division and then move up to 160 and further make his mark. Trying to fight welterweights and jr. welters when you're that big is just pathetic. (Regardless of that welter being pound-for-pound #1). But if he wants it so bad, I'd like to see Floyd give to him. He's not ready for Mayweather yet.

Put him back in the pot. Add seasoning.

pretty much sums it up. the only ppl really celebrating that victory are the ones that have no clue. i've talked to quite a few fight fans since and everyone is pretty much in agreement...it wasn't impressive on either side. a draw would have been in order...and those two judges need to be taken out back and shot in the back of their heads with a small caliber pistol. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
happygocampy
post Apr 23 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #286

Strawweight

Member No.: 4,569

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 20 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Wow, you didnt give Trout round 6?!?!?! Canelo got hit with a body punch and did next to nothing?!?! If there was ever a convincing Trout round it was 6. I can see people having it close. I thought the Showtime folks were heavy on the Alvarez tip. Trout would land a right or a left and they'd mention it, but if Canelo landed one punch in the exchange their volume would go up.

I hope Paulie remembers his fight scores when he fights Mayweather Jr jr this summer because all the reasons he gave for Trout not winning will be the same ones he will have for not winning.

Alright so I've watched the fight 2 more times and watched the 6th once extra ontop of that. I can't even call the 6th close, it was a great round for Canelo, he dominated the 1st 2 minutes landing several good solid hard shots with Trout landing 1 or 2 good jabs and a body shot, then of course Trout lands a few more good solid body shots, at which point your thinking "maybe Trout will steal this round!" only to have that thought crushed by a beautiful crisp solid uppercut from Canelo before round ends. Rnd 6 was clearly Canelo's imho.

However, rnd 10, I'm willing to throw that one to Trout, i originally gave it to Canelo due to the 1 monstrous uppercut he landed that looked like it lifted Trout off the Canvas for a split second, such a nice punch it was but that was pretty much all Canelo did except 1 other right a little later that wasn't as good. Trout out landed him with decent solid crisp shots that round, especially to the body.

115-112, Canelo.

I know you guys hate my score already and now you just might hate me personally for what I'm about to say, but Calslappy vs Hopkins faintly came to mind here, Trout got knocked down just like slappy, and had a less but similar slap approach to this fight. If only Hopkins had been 22 like Canelo, he could have dodged more slaps.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Apr 23 2013, 03:25 AM
Post #287

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 23 2013, 12:30 AM) *
i think floyd is waaay too small for jcc jr. not a good fight for him. canelo is easier.

No that a what I mean Floyd vs Canelo would look a little like martinez vs jr

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 23 2013, 01:48 PM
Post #288

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Apr 23 2013, 04:25 AM) *
No that a what I mean Floyd vs Canelo would look a little like martinez vs jr

got it. i agree.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 23 2013, 10:07 PM
Post #289

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 22 2013, 11:50 AM) *
I have to be honest here...Im not sure if those rounds were truly hard to score, or if they just hard to give to Trout.

That is just it. Trout was fighting a very technical fight, nothing flashy and the crowd was not with him at all. The moment Saul did the slightest thing you swore Elvis was in the building. he fought in a very uneven atmosphere and the judges were influenced by the crowd. Saul fought half the rounds and gassed out and still won the late rounds. I think if Trout was more aggressive or appeared to be more aggressive he would of had the fight in the bag. I think the moment got to him. Which is off because he was in a hostile environment when he fought Cotto. Maybe he should go back and read his own articles. Cause the man that wrote those was not the man who should up in the ring. I still had him winning either 7-5 or 8-4.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 23 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #290

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

One of the best commentaries against Open Scoring that I have heard. This was so much a problem in this fight.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/38070:fn-vide...ng-robbed-fans/

Jack

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:46 AM