IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Shows Are You Guys Watching?, Any True Blood fans out there?
Cshel86
post May 13 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I hope Im not the only one addicted to this damn show (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) Since the first episode (in 2008), I've been glued to the television and waiting for every upcoming episode. Whoever said crack was addictive, is selling True Blood short by a longshot...

Anyway, Season 5 kicks off on June 10th...any fans from FH? Im sick of these 50 second preview clips, but from what I read, the trailer is supposed to premiere tonight, right before Game of Thrones. Anybody care to explain to others about TB? Any predictions on this upcoming season?

Surely Im not the only one...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 14 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #2

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

Far from homie! I can't believe how good the show is! Me n my chick watch it faithfully! I have yet to see the last 4 episodes of last season but I'm gonna watch them within the next week. Be real I like almost every show I have ever attempted to watch on HBO. Who's your favorite character?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 14 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 14 2012, 07:44 PM) *
Far from homie! I can't believe how good the show is! Me n my chick watch it faithfully! I have yet to see the last 4 episodes of last season but I'm gonna watch them within the next week. Be real I like almost every show I have ever attempted to watch on HBO. Who's your favorite character?

Whew...I almost broke a sweat thinking that I was the only one that watched it. Lol. I have all 4 season downloaded on my drive, and I'll be sure to try and upload episodes weekly, for those who want to download them.

As for my favorite character, I actually like all of them. If I had to make a choice though, I would go for Sam Merlotte...dude has a gritty past, but he hides all of it well, and he doesn't take shit from anybody. He ALWAYS gets the hottest women, but that damn Luna (Janina Gavankar) is the hottest thing to ever grace that show...well, it comes down to her and Jessica.

Ready for Russell Edgington and The Authority? Looks like Chris Meloni (from Law & Order) has a big part in Season 5, and he may just tear some shit up!

Im sure that season 4 is On Demand, or you can check it out at HBOGo.

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 15 2012, 12:00 PM
Post #4

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

Jessica is my boo son! I get a kick out Lafayette's Fruity wit..... But yeah you right Sam always has a full stable man lol. Let me know when you upload those vids. I need it in my life!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 15 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 15 2012, 01:00 PM) *
Jessica is my boo son! I get a kick out Lafayette's Fruity wit..... But yeah you right Sam always has a full stable man lol. Let me know when you upload those vids. I need it in my life!

We may have to trade blows over Jessica...do it like they used to do it in the old school...fight over the woman and she leaves with the winner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Lafayette's character makes the show funny as shit (though most men have a problem watching it because he's gay). He's tough as shit, especially in that first season where he seemed to have kicked everybody's ass.

According to the books, Lafayette and Tara were supposed to die waaaaay earlier in the storyline, but it appears that the writers and producers have found ways to extend their characters. From what I've read, the writers are going to get into detail about Eric turning Pam back in the day, as well as visiting more of Eric's past...deeper than the viking stuff from Season 3.

Man Im ready to see just how powerful the authority will be this season, especially with Chris Meloni's new character. I forgot that Russell Edgington "off'd" the other guy from the authority in the 3rd season. Lol. The dialogue all the up to the true death by Edgington was funny as hell

As for the video uploads...I can have something going by Thurs or not later than Fri. Whatever file sharing site I choose, I want to make sure that I pay for it of course, so that the upload and download speed will work for everybody, including me. I like free trials and stuff, but I also believe in, "You get what you pay for".

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 17 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Oh yeah, if you want to catch those last few episodes from last season, then you can simply register on HBOGo.com for free. They'll ask what your cable provider is, and from that point, you will log on with the same info that you use to log in to your cable provider's site to pay your bill. Easy! ALL 4 seasons are on there as well.

Hope this helps in the meantime. We're working on a part of the board where we can post stuff to upload fights, etc.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 20 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I'm wondering what shows occupy your time other than boxing. Of course True Blood is #1 on my top 5 list. I wanted to see if there are any shows that I'm REALLY missing out on, and I'm also looking to expand my list of shows.

Sunday night television is a must around here, and as knee-deep as I am into certain shows...it's safe to say that I'll NEVER get rid of HBO and Showtime! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

HBO:
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
*I gave up on trying to watch Entourage when I found out that I was about 7 seasons in the hole
*Can somebody help me with Game of Thrones...I REALLY want to get into this show, but I cant seem to sit through an episode.

Showtime:
Shameless!!!
House of Lies (Great show!)
Californication (I've missed several seasons except the recent one, so I'll try to get caught up)

I've been hearing this buzz about a show called, Scandal...anybody know about that? How good is the show "Dexter"? I'm also trying to get into "Homeland". What are your favorite shows, and PLEASE help me get into some new stuff.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 21 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

I'm not really a fan of a lot of the stuff that's on. I consider myself of a bit of a writer (you haven't heard of me yet, but you will, mark my words), so since the people that write for these programs are getting paid a lot of money for stuff that I think is pure crap, I'm greener than the Incredible Hulk with envy.

P.S. I'll forget that you admitted to liking True Blood.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 22 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ May 21 2012, 04:28 PM) *
I'm not really a fan of a lot of the stuff that's on. I consider myself of a bit of a writer (you haven't heard of me yet, but you will, mark my words), so since the people that write for these programs are getting paid a lot of money for stuff that I think is pure crap, I'm greener than the Incredible Hulk with envy.

P.S. I'll forget that you admitted to liking True Blood.

Whatever Cheesey! Stop acting so damn old. Im sure that you watch something on television, especially since your girl has you in the headlock on the weekends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post May 22 2012, 11:08 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 22 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Whatever Cheesey! Stop acting so damn old. Im sure that you watch something on television, especially since your girl has you in the headlock on the weekends. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Seriously, I don't rate a lot of the stuff that's on TV. I pay attention to the news a lot, but not the mostly superficial news programs that are on TV, except for the Bloomberg channel. I can watch that all day, except when it gets to the point where I get jealous of all the millionaires and billionaires on there (hater!).

I can't tolerate BET anymore - I miss the days when it actually had some sort of news on there that wasn't on the other channels (it's only saving grace now is when they show repeats of "Everybody Hates Chris" - big fan of that series). TVOne's better than BET and I'm also getting into the Africa Channel, but their programming is extremely limited. 'The Mentalist' is pretty cool, as is "Let's Make A Deal." Basically the only things that are must watch on TV are boxing, soccer, Bloomberg and certain cartoons (the superhero stuff), sometimes the Knicks.
I almost forgot the cooking/cookery programs. BBC America's got some cool stuff (Gordon Ramsey FTFW) and Chopped on the Food Network.

If 'Scandal' is the Kerry Washington series, I hope it succeeds, because she's a talented actress and very gentle on the eyes, in person and on the screen.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: May 22 2012, 11:14 AM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:57 PM