Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No love for Danny Jacobs ?
mitukczuk
post Oct 22 2012, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Since I have created the topic about Danny Garcia, I think it's only fair to create one about Daniel Jacobs who came back after his long battle with cancer, which in itself is a lifetime accomplishment.

I was listening to some of his after-fight interviews and man, what a cool dude. I know his opponent wasn't top-notch, but at least he chose someone with a winning record for his comeback. I noticed he got hit couple of times in that fight, but otherwise I really liked his D which seems to be a mixture of various styles - shoulder roll etc. No question about the speed and power. He got care-less against Pirog, who is a freak anyway, protected, but still a freak.

What do you think is next for him ? Possible match-ups ? I don't want to see him rush things, but man...what a champ he would make.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 22 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #2

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i liked the little bit i saw from jacobs. he seems to be throwing great punches. i know his opponent was limited...but i'm looking at danny's movement...and he's back! great story...and u can see he realizes that he has a second lease on life. u can see it in his expressions and passion and hear it in his voice. life is truly a gift and i believe he intends to make the most of it.

pirog is protected? he fought jacobs! that was a roll of the dice.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 22 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Well I think cheesy asked me during the fight thread and he filled me in on how he did. Daniel has always been a stand up nice kid. And going through what he has been through just makes me respect him even more, he makes a good comeback from something like that will be legend even of people don't acknowledge it.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 22 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 12:14 PM) *
pirog is protected? he fought jacobs! that was a roll of the dice.

And hasn't fought in the US ever since. Jacobs fight is in my opinion an exception to the rule. I wish Pirog would fought someone worthy, its a waste of talent seeing him fighting guys like Maciel. At least he doesnt have that title anymore, but the clock is ticking. I was really impressed with the way he fought.

Anyways, I like what Danny did in the fight too. I guess he could have waited with the KO and get some rounds under his belt but I am certainly not complaining about seeing punches like those he threw. Mean. I liked his movement too and that D, although he didn't give me a chance to see it later on in the fight, seemed great. Always nice to see a young guy with such nice skill set.

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Oct 22 2012, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 22 2012, 12:47 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Oct 22 2012, 01:43 PM) *
And hasn't fought in the US ever since. Jacobs fight is in my opinion an exception to the rule. I wish Pirog would fought someone worthy, its a waste of talent seeing him fighting guys like Maciel. At least he doesnt have that title anymore, but the clock is ticking. I was really impressed with the way he fought.

Anyways, I like what Danny did in the fight too. I guess he could have waited with the KO and get some rounds under his belt but I am certainly not complaining about seeing punches like those he threw. Mean. I liked his movement too and that D, although he didn't give me a chance to see it later on in the fight, seemed great. Always nice to see a young guy with such nice skill set.

pirog was scheduled to fight golovkin on hbo in the u.s. that's not the kind of match up u make if you're trying to protect a fighter. he had an injury so he had to pull out...but i'm thinking that fight is going to happen eventually.

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 22 2012, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

Jacobs gets much love.

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Oct 22 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #7

Lightweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 12:47 PM) *
pirog was scheduled to fight golovkin on hbo in the u.s. that's not the kind of match up u make if you're trying to protect a fighter. he had an injury so he had to pull out...but i'm thinking that fight is going to happen eventually.

No argument there, Professor. I still stand behind my statement though. Although fighting in the US alone doesn't mean anything, I still think that staying in Russia is not the way to go if you want to make it..especially when you have (used to have) that title around your waist. Sturm's situation was the same, but at least he got fucked over with that De La Hoya bs decision so he had a reason not to do it. Just my two cents.

Anyways, who do you think Danny should fight ?

This post has been edited by mitukczuk: Oct 22 2012, 01:07 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 22 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

First and foremost, I admire his perserverance to even CONSIDER returning to boxing after being paralyzed from his cancer. Secondly, I didnt see all of the fight but that KO was incredible. He made that dude look like he went over the middle for a slant route and Ray Lewis hit him. Jacobs punch pretty much said to cancer...who's paralyzed now?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 22 2012, 01:27 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 22 2012, 12:47 PM) *

Pirog is a fishy character. He did beat Danny but he beat him while he was in a terrible situation (believe his grandma or mom died like a few days before the fight). And after that everytime he was up for a big fight he would get "injured". And some fishy ass injuries like ice skating accidents and from using the sledge hammer on the tire. And in between all of this it felt like he was making soup cause he fought nothing but tomatoes. And I would understand if the guy was a prospect but isn't pirog like 32?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 22 2012, 01:55 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Great comeback win for Jacobs...while it lasted. Franchize, you didn't miss much, it was only one round. LOL. Anyhow, I'm glad to see dude back in the ring.

Was it me, or did Danny seem strong as hell? Dude seemed built like an ox. Maybe a Quillin fight would be in his not too distant future. They may know Ishida in there with him in the mean time.

I think Pirog just has some shitty management, but that's what I heard a year ago.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 10:28 AM