IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Why is Testing Still Being Negotiated for Pac/Bradley II???, C'mon now, what gives?
Cshel86
post Feb 10 2014, 07:08 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Feb 10 2014, 12:46 PM) *
I have no idea, but any sane person would think this issue would be squared away before the contracts were signed. This is becomin' a trend for (high-profile) fights involvin' Bradley.

That word doesn't exist when you discuss boxing...it often gets you stoned to death...right along with making sense during debates. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

QUOTE (ryustuh @ Feb 10 2014, 01:10 PM) *
at this point, bradley might be second guessing his choice to sign and extend. whole situation sounds kinda shady to me.

We already got that part established, lol. As you mentioned though...Bradley may be second guessing his choice, but then again, its still too early to tell.

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Feb 10 2014, 06:10 PM) *
Why is testing always seem like an issue when it comes to Pac?

There yall go again with this making sense madness...what did I tell yall about that? Lol

Really though, the testing for the Rios fight was fishy. He got popped for PEDs, but they didn't start testing Manny until a week before the fight...or the week of.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post Feb 10 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,480

This shit has gotten so old. At some point the government really needs to step in..... I need real penalties for cheating and real policies in place.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 10 2014, 10:30 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 10 2014, 05:55 PM) *
Later Freddie was sued for defamation and lost or something. Also what Freddie said is that Justin took steriods I believe it was during a powerlifting event, which isn't what you'd call cheating if it was legal.

When has steroids been legal except for medicinal purposes? A weightlifter using steroids isn't new but I've never known it to be legal..and I have tried to find articles, anything to say he won the defamation but I found one article and he dropped it

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/02/...t-out-in-court/

After discussing boxer James Toney, Roach then told the reporter, “I think had one other fighter on steroids … Justin Fortune. I know that he’d been there before.”
In a sworn declaration in support of the dismissal motion, Roach said Fortune admitted to him that he used performance enhancing drugs, or PEDs.

“During the time that I trained (Fortune), (he) told me that he had used cycled performance enhancing drugs when he was training for the World Games as a power lifter in his home country of Australia,” Roach said in the statement. “Based on the information provided me by plaintiff, I believed that (he) had used PEDs.”

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articl...it-feel-so-good

This is the only thing I've found even alluding to the lawsuit

The Aussie Fortune, who fought pro as a heavyweight, from 1990-2001, and came back for a one-off in 2009, was all good with Roach in 2005. They worked on Manny together, and had business dealings with each other. By April 2007, Roach and Fortune parted ways, supposedly amicably, with Roach agreeing to send some overflow clients Fortune’s way. But amicable turned ugly a month later, with Roach saying Fortune jumped ship without telling him face to face. It was said that a seed of discontent was planted when Roach trained Oscar De La Hoya to face Floyd Mayweather and had Fortune work with Pacman (seen with Roach in Chris Farina-Top Rank photo). Roach said Fortune didn't hand over a chunk of pay owed to him. In 2010, Roach was quoted in a story saying that along with James Toney, one other fighter of his had been busted for using illegal PEDs: Fortune. Fortune said he would sue Roach. It looks like that threat petered out, and it looks like maybe, time has healed some wounds.

I can't find anything that said he won

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 10 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #14

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I could have swore Bradley declared VADA would handle all drug testing during the onset of negotiations.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Feb 11 2014, 02:43 AM
Post #15

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

People assuming Pacquaio is the issue here..didn't hear much complications for the Rios negotiation but Bradley had some issues in his last fight. I'm just saying, perhaps Bradley started with one company and wants to jump to something else. Who knows. We know Arum isn't thrilled about paying for tests in the first place so who really knows..for all we know it's arum trying to be a cheap bastard. As long as in the end they have some sort of testing, whatever it is i'm cool. Either company..Vada, Usada... Parole Officer...some legit and put on your fight. The real problem boxing has with testing is the cost of it, by implementing one protocol you are stuck paying one entity and that entity will have no competition. You can't have a universal standard involving two companies with two different strategies. I think in order to get that forced into the business it'll have to come from the networks..see how the NBA quickly cleaned themselves up when money was on the line.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2014, 04:37 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2014, 03:30 AM) *
When has steroids been legal except for medicinal purposes? A weightlifter using steroids isn't new but I've never known it to be legal..and I have tried to find articles, anything to say he won the defamation but I found one article and he dropped it

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/02/...t-out-in-court/

After discussing boxer James Toney, Roach then told the reporter, “I think had one other fighter on steroids … Justin Fortune. I know that he’d been there before.”
In a sworn declaration in support of the dismissal motion, Roach said Fortune admitted to him that he used performance enhancing drugs, or PEDs.

“During the time that I trained (Fortune), (he) told me that he had used cycled performance enhancing drugs when he was training for the World Games as a power lifter in his home country of Australia,” Roach said in the statement. “Based on the information provided me by plaintiff, I believed that (he) had used PEDs.”

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/articl...it-feel-so-good

This is the only thing I've found even alluding to the lawsuit

The Aussie Fortune, who fought pro as a heavyweight, from 1990-2001, and came back for a one-off in 2009, was all good with Roach in 2005. They worked on Manny together, and had business dealings with each other. By April 2007, Roach and Fortune parted ways, supposedly amicably, with Roach agreeing to send some overflow clients Fortune’s way. But amicable turned ugly a month later, with Roach saying Fortune jumped ship without telling him face to face. It was said that a seed of discontent was planted when Roach trained Oscar De La Hoya to face Floyd Mayweather and had Fortune work with Pacman (seen with Roach in Chris Farina-Top Rank photo). Roach said Fortune didn't hand over a chunk of pay owed to him. In 2010, Roach was quoted in a story saying that along with James Toney, one other fighter of his had been busted for using illegal PEDs: Fortune. Fortune said he would sue Roach. It looks like that threat petered out, and it looks like maybe, time has healed some wounds.

I can't find anything that said he won

Well when weightlifting competition clearly have a natural/open category I think you can tell exactly whats legal and whats not within the competition, the law is a different matter.

On the court thing, I remember seeing it in some video, I'll take a good look after work.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 11 2014, 08:31 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2014, 03:37 AM) *
Well when weightlifting competition clearly have a natural/open category I think you can tell exactly whats legal and whats not within the competition, the law is a different matter.

On the court thing, I remember seeing it in some video, I'll take a good look after work.

My brother used to do bodybuilding....nowhere has steroids been legal. Not nowhere so if Fortune said that then he was cheating but you never know with Roach because he has a habit of disrespecting people who don't see things his way

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 11 2014, 08:50 AM
Post #18

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 11 2014, 01:31 PM) *
My brother used to do bodybuilding....nowhere has steroids been legal. Not nowhere so if Fortune said that then he was cheating but you never know with Roach because he has a habit of disrespecting people who don't see things his way

Maybe not, but every single top ten bodybuilder is on steriods, period. Its not something that discouraged well because it harms nobody in that sport. Same with powerlifting

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 11 2014, 09:09 AM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 10 2014, 09:08 PM) *
I could have swore Bradley declared VADA would handle all drug testing during the onset of negotiations.

I don't think Bradley trust VADA I also think he feels the old screw job msybe in full effect. He did a deal with the devil.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 11 2014, 06:50 AM) *
Maybe not, but every single top ten bodybuilder is on steriods, period. Its not something that discouraged well because it harms nobody in that sport. Same with powerlifting

It's like track, people are known for using all the time, it is still illegal.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:16 AM