IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> *HELL YEAH FULL* Chavez Jr vs Martinez *FACE OFF* (Full video Post #40/Poll Added), (Merged) Chavez vs. Martinez Face Off and Fight Preview Discussion
Chavez vs Martinez
Who Takes It?
Chavez by Decision (Close) [ 1 ] ** [12.50%]
Chavez by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Chavez by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [25.00%]
Martinez by Decision (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Martinez by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Martinez by KO/TKO [ 5 ] ** [62.50%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Hotsauce
post Aug 26 2012, 02:38 AM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Aug 26 2012, 12:45 AM) *
word.

i just watched it. it wasn't intense the whole way through but it worked for me. martinez definitely won the verbal warfare...but chavez did not look shook up by any of that. mexicans aren't typically big shit talkers. chavez said it best...."u'll find out what kind of fighter i am on sep 15th."

still excited about the fight.

yea but actions speak louder than words
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Aug 26 2012, 03:45 AM
Post #42

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,355

One of the best Face Offs I have ever seen. True bad blood between those two...I like the attitude that Julio is bringing to the table. Young, hungry, cheeky sob showing little or no respect. Sergio is being a good counter-part - reserved, chooses words wisely. I want sergio to win, but I don't like the way he fights - doesn't care about balance and gets KD too often after making stupid mistakes. Julio can exploit that and capitalize. However, Sergio is fast and I think he will win the same way he did against Pavlik. In and out, fast combinations. I am not affraid that he will gas out. Damn he was a cyclist, his stamina is great.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Aug 26 2012, 06:55 AM
Post #43

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ Aug 26 2012, 09:45 AM) *
One of the best Face Offs I have ever seen. True bad blood between those two...I like the attitude that Julio is bringing to the table. Young, hungry, cheeky sob showing little or no respect. Sergio is being a good counter-part - reserved, chooses words wisely. I want sergio to win, but I don't like the way he fights - doesn't care about balance and gets KD too often after making stupid mistakes. Julio can exploit that and capitalize. However, Sergio is fast and I think he will win the same way he did against Pavlik. In and out, fast combinations. I am not affraid that he will gas out. Damn he was a cyclist, his stamina is great.

sure he was a cyclist but theres a big difference i think between conventional stamina and endurance and that transferring into the ring

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 26 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #44

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

I like how this whole thing went down. Both seem hell bent on the fight playing out in their terms. After seeing this, I'm firmer in my decision to pick Sergio. **famous last words**

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Aug 26 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #45

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mgrover @ Aug 26 2012, 06:55 AM) *
sure he was a cyclist but theres a big difference i think between conventional stamina and endurance and that transferring into the ring

True story, but the aerobic foundation he has, due to cycling, likely enhances his ability to train longer and more effective, as his heart rate nears or reaches capacity. Moreover, he maybe more efficient with his VO2 max as a result. <----Allows him to maintain his "wits" while fatiguing or exertion.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Aug 26 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #46

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

I forgot how dumb Chavez was. Motherfucker cant have an original thought. As Sergio said, I just don't see how Julio can win that fight.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Aug 26 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #47

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I disagree with Serg on Julio not being on the same level as Pavlik tho..

Julio is a much more well rounded fighter

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Aug 26 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #48

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Sergios jealous of Chavez. They are basically the same except Serg doesnt have a hall of fame father. Both started late and had little or no ameuter background. Both were fed bums on their way to the top. The difference is Jr had a built in fanbase while Serg ate cheese sandwiches on his way to the top. That whole Faceoff reeked of jealousy to me.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Aug 26 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #49

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If this goes to the cards, then Sergio can consider himself fucked. There's waaaay more that can be done with Julio's career, rather than Sergio's. When it comes down to these two, the sport of boxing will turn its back on Sergio, just to see how far Julio goes.

If you think about it...Sergio is not that far removed from being fucked during fights...

1. The circus events that happened during the Cintron fight
2. The ugly decision in the first Williams fight
3. The "knockdown" counted in the Pavlik fight
4. The "knockdown counted in the Macklin fight
5. The stripping of his title before Julio fought Zbik for it

The list goes on, but point is, Sergio needs to go for the knockout. "I'm the new Julio Cesar Chavez" came out of Julio's mouth, and as we've all seen, that's what people in the sport are pushing for.

If Julio's style gives Martinez a hard fight, or he happens to beat him (my official prediction of a TKO on JCC's favor), then he will have the boxing world's attention for sure. Hell, he had my attention in the Manfredo fight, not so much in the Rubio fight, and definitely in the Lee fight.

Mark my words here...Sergio could easily box and turn Julio all night, but Sergio's need to please the fans, coupled by his emotions and drive for revenge, will have him in a fight that he doesn't want to be in...all it takes is one moment. Seriously, Julio knows that he cant really catch Martinez, so every opportunity that he has to hit him, he will make it count. Martinez is quick, but he aint no Mayweather.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Aug 26 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #50

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

One thing I noticed was that Chavez seemed a bit fat in the FACE OFF. I think he's one of those guys that balloons between fights. At some point thats got to catch up to him. You dont want that time to be against Martinez, who will take him into deep waters. I still dont think that Chavez has been in with the same calibur of guys that Martinez has soundly beaten. Andy Lee may have been Chavez' best opponent to date. Was Andy Lee really that good?? No. This appears to be the fight that many are gauging their hero worship on. I have no doubt that Martinez would have stopped Andy Lee too. I think Martinez will stop Chavez. However, I wouldnt be surprised to see some funny business go on here. I hope its a level playing field. That always needs to be questioned with Chavez.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:14 AM