IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll bitches: Do you think Guerrero deserves a shot at Floyd?
Does Guerrero deserve a shot at Floyd?
Vote suckas
Guerrero needs to beat a top 5 WW. [ 15 ] ** [88.24%]
Guerrero has done enough and deserves a shot [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
daprofessor
post Nov 27 2012, 08:53 PM
Post #31

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Jovi @ Nov 27 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Ahh i didn't think it would be true but now Mayweather does have interest in this fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I can easily see it happening. Robert Guerrero is in contact with schaefer (however you spell it) and golden boy. Mayweather (as most boxers) fight under the same promotions, unless the names are a draw themselves. So the deal contract deal is already done, Guerrero gets another big win under his belt then he is more of a commodity with the promotion. Mayweathers come back fight, against "up and coming lion" (dont be surprised to hear that on the 24/7) could become marketable.

Because this is one of Mayweather's many "Comeback" fights, i see robert guerrero being more of a tuneup for Mayweather than a real threat. lol easy paycheck.

the thing i like about this fight is that guerrero is a bit faster than cotto and ortiz and he has some zing on his shots. he also mixes up his punches well. while he does have defensive holes...his offense will give him a shot at winning. don't expect him to fight floyd the way he did berto or aydin. while i don't think his skill is on the same level as cotto's...i do believe he has enough in his arsenal to make it interesting and possibly score an upset. he'll go balls to the wall and isn't scared to mix it up or get in the trenches and get rough. look for a fight where mayweather will definitely get bloodied up and have to dig deep to win much the same way he had to do against cotto. i wouldn't be shocked if guerrero drops floyd at some point. this fight is more difficult than a pacquiao fight. i know i'm going to catch heat for this post... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i just call it how i see it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Nov 28 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #32

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 27 2012, 08:53 PM) *
the thing i like about this fight is that guerrero is a bit faster than cotto and ortiz and he has some zing on his shots. he also mixes up his punches well. while he does have defensive holes...his offense will give him a shot at winning. don't expect him to fight floyd the way he did berto or aydin. while i don't think his skill is on the same level as cotto's...i do believe he has enough in his arsenal to make it interesting and possibly score an upset. he'll go balls to the wall and isn't scared to mix it up or get in the trenches and get rough. look for a fight where mayweather will definitely get bloodied up and have to dig deep to win much the same way he had to do against cotto. i wouldn't be shocked if guerrero drops floyd at some point. this fight is more difficult than a pacquiao fight. i know i'm going to catch heat for this post... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i just call it how i see it.

I can agree with you to some degree. i think the layoffs and age, at some point have to start taking their toll on Mayweather. I think Cotto is one fight away from being sent out to pasture... Especially at 154, he's a midget at that weight. Cotto gave Floyd his toughest fight in years. the way trout beats Cotto will make people realize how close to done Cotto is.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Not saying he should get it, but yes I do think he deserves a shot. In his first two fights at Welterweight, he's already defeated decent competition and has earned the Interim WBC Welterweight title. I've pastly stated that Guerrero wasn't shit, I was exaggerating, I don't think he'll be at the top, but I think with his tools he has the potential to give any fighter a tough fight. Anyone that thinks FMJ will walk through him is just spewing nonsense.

I also think Guerrero can put some decent revenue. He's a "nobody" but he definitely has the charisma, more than people like Ortiz and Bradley.

This post has been edited by sduck: Nov 28 2012, 12:25 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Nov 28 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #34

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Nov 26 2012, 07:51 PM) *
and he pretty much ignores them when they do. something tells me he's going to hear guerrero's call out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

guerrero isn't as crafty or skilled as miguel...but he's a bit quicker on the trigger and may land an embarrassing shot or two on floyd. i get the feeling guerrero won't be looking to survive against mayweather...he'll go balls to the wall. he definitely has more skill and ability than ortiz. fresher and younger than shane. between mayweathers inactivity...and his difficulty with southpaws...i can see guerrero having his moments.

I hate it that people keep saying this. What difficulty? Give details. His way of fighting southpaws is like no other fighter. It just takes longer, but in technical aspects it's solid.

+Quote Post
Plah
post Nov 28 2012, 12:35 PM
Post #35

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,629

People say that (southpaw thing)because Judah made him very uncomfortable in the early rounds of their fight. I think Arum was spewing that shit for a while too, "explaining" why Floyd was scared of pac.

This post has been edited by Plah: Nov 28 2012, 12:36 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 28 2012, 01:11 PM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 12:16 PM) *
I also think Guerrero can put some decent revenue.

How many tickets has his fights sold?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #37

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 28 2012, 01:29 AM) *
I can agree with you to some degree. i think the layoffs and age, at some point have to start taking their toll on Mayweather. I think Cotto is one fight away from being sent out to pasture... Especially at 154, he's a midget at that weight. Cotto gave Floyd his toughest fight in years. the way trout beats Cotto will make people realize how close to done Cotto is.

i think cotto gave floyd the toughest fight in his career period. trout brings nothing to the table that cotto hasn't seen or dealt with. he hasn't really taken any beatings since the pac fight...i think he should beat trout.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 28 2012, 01:23 PM) *
I hate it that people keep saying this. What difficulty? Give details. His way of fighting southpaws is like no other fighter. It just takes longer, but in technical aspects it's solid.

difficulty is probably too strong a word...but southpaws definitely make him uncomfortable and have landed good shots on him. *see demarcus corley, zab judah and ortiz before the headbutt.* guerrero will definitely slide a few shots in on floyd and he will bang that fragile rib cage.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #39

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 28 2012, 01:35 PM) *
People say that (southpaw thing)because Judah made him very uncomfortable in the early rounds of their fight. I think Arum was spewing that shit for a while too, "explaining" why Floyd was scared of pac.

it wasn't just zab. it was the spadafora sparring...his pops making the same admission and stating that floyd should avoid southpaws at all costs...corley...and even ortiz.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Nov 28 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #40

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 28 2012, 02:11 PM) *
How many tickets has his fights sold?

he packed the house in san jose and out in ontario. if the fight is in vegas...he has plenty of fans that will make the trip from the bay and socal. i actually think robert has more fans than ortiz who is a transplant while guerrero is a local boy.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 03:37 AM