IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FLOYD and PAC, Is there a double standard??
mgrover
post May 8 2013, 01:35 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 7 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Wow apparently reading comprehension is questionable here if all the focus turned to just a Floyd vs Pac debate when the point of this was the situation concerning Canelo and whether or not Floyd should fight him at a CW making him drop to 147? The comparison was to what/how Pac made DLH drain to 147 and how nobody made a big stink about it but I can guarantee if Money asks Alvarez to drop to 147 to fight him and he does accept and Mayweather wins then he (Floyd) will be ridiculed and accused of draining Saul to no end but when Pac did it to Oscar they paraded him as though he slayed one of the Klitschkos.

The comparison would be about this and not about Floyd vs Pac or how they are looked at in totality as fighters which is why the first part of my original post stated this:

To which someone corrected me using the WBA's garbage SuperChamp BS rules which leaves Floyd with his title but exalted as "Super" champ.

It's that if we want to remember a Pac vs Floyd debate we just look at ask the other ones we've had ever and there would be a fill of a lifetime. I ask again who chose the 147 weight class? At the time everyone thought DLH was going to destroy PAC

Oh I see, it's probably something to do with the fact the Oscar actually won the majority of his big fights at that weight all aside from Vargas

This post has been edited by mgrover: May 8 2013, 01:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 8 2013, 03:19 AM
Post #22

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,858

If I was Floyd I would fight Canelo at either a CW or put a re-hydration clause in the contract

As far as him being the best ever, maybe some of that's marketing and maybe it's not. He's all ready a future HOF'er and he is an ATG, where he ranks as being the best ever is subjective, no one on this board can decide where he falls in that category, it' a personal list. I don't agree with any of you who keep bringing up how he has to do this that and the third to cement his legacy. His ledger is filled with future HOF'ers and anyone with sense can tell you his skill level is almost unrivaled

He don't have to move up to no 160 to cement his legacy. You fight who you fight, are the Klitschko's not great because they fight in a current division that's not what it once was? That's BS!! Just because somebody did something a long time ago and made history doesn't mean that the new crop has to do it. I've never been a wash rinse and repeat type of person like some on here are. The ones who get remembered are trendsetters. Make your own mark instead of following others footsteps. If yall want a copycat just keep an eye on Broner's career and STHU.

This post has been edited by mrchitown: May 8 2013, 03:19 AM

+Quote Post
karmine20
post May 8 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #23

Amateur

Member No.: 13,403

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 03:19 AM) *
If I was Floyd I would fight Canelo at either a CW or put a re-hydration clause in the contract

As far as him being the best ever, maybe some of that's marketing and maybe it's not. He's all ready a future HOF'er and he is an ATG, where he ranks as being the best ever is subjective, no one on this board can decide where he falls in that category, it' a personal list. I don't agree with any of you who keep bringing up how he has to do this that and the third to cement his legacy. His ledger is filled with future HOF'ers and anyone with sense can tell you his skill level is almost unrivaled

He don't have to move up to no 160 to cement his legacy. You fight who you fight, are the Klitschko's not great because they fight in a current division that's not what it once was? That's BS!! Just because somebody did something a long time ago and made history doesn't mean that the new crop has to do it. I've never been a wash rinse and repeat type of person like some on here are. The ones who get remembered are trendsetters. Make your own mark instead of following others footsteps. If yall want a copycat just keep an eye on Broner's career and STHU.

+1 +1 +1 very eloquently said. couldnt agree more.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 8 2013, 12:55 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 04:19 AM) *

This is in the bible somewhere

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2013, 02:26 PM
Post #25

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ May 8 2013, 06:55 PM) *

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post May 8 2013, 03:20 PM
Post #26

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (mgrover @ May 8 2013, 01:35 AM) *
It's that if we want to remember a Pac vs Floyd debate we just look at ask the other ones we've had ever and there would be a fill of a lifetime. I ask again who chose the 147 weight class? At the time everyone thought DLH was going to destroy PAC

Oh I see, it's probably something to do with the fact the Oscar actually won the majority of his big fights at that weight all aside from Vargas

This thread isn't a comparison of Floyd and Pac, it is actually a comparo of the situations should Floyd face Canelo at a CW or 147/WW and the fact that Pac drained Oscar to 147 and how fair it is or isn't?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2013, 05:01 PM
Post #27

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutUalBK @ May 8 2013, 09:20 PM) *
This thread isn't a comparison of Floyd and Pac, it is actually a comparo of the situations should Floyd face Canelo at a CW or 147/WW and the fact that Pac drained Oscar to 147 and how fair it is or isn't?

Fair enough, my bad, well can someone please answer my question, whose idea was it for Oscar to go down to 147? Was it him who said yeah I'll go to 147 or was it Arum. People are okay with that fight mainly because the majority of people thought that Pac was going to get destroyed, he was the actual underdog and came away with the victory. Sure Oscar was drained as fuck, but if Pac wasn't the one who made him drain, while going up two classes himself, Pac still came to the ring to win.

It's not fair in my opinion that Floyd has to fight a fighter at 180lb, but in my eyes, this isn't just a matter about Floyd, I think all fighters should have either same day weigh ins, or they can only be allowed to rehydrate to the next weight class. I mean vs Trout that kid weighed more than Martinez usually does and that says it all

According to this article is was Oscar who wanted to fight at 147lb

Manny Pac: The Catchweight King

This post has been edited by mgrover: May 8 2013, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post May 8 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 8 2013, 04:19 AM) *

rocky marciano is an atg. not many will dispute that. unfortunately for him...he came at a time when there wasn't much opposition availabe for him to prove his greatness. all we're left with is his wins over an old joe louis, old jersey joe walcott, former middle/light heavy ezzard charles and an old archie moore.

it is what it is...

+Quote Post
JammyJam
post May 8 2013, 07:09 PM
Post #29

Amateur

Member No.: 13,561

I feel like if he was to fight Canelo next and win people would want martinez. If he fought Martinez then people would start talkin about Ward. It just won't stop. When Floyd retires if he still looks good after that last fight....you'll have some dumbasses saying he retired to duck Broner or some shit.

In regards to your post though. Therw is a double standard but Floyd fucked himself when he went in on Manny for catchweighting and talking about how he wants fighters at their best weight.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (JammyJam @ May 9 2013, 01:09 AM) *
I feel like if he was to fight Canelo next and win people would want martinez. If he fought Martinez then people would start talkin about Ward. It just won't stop. When Floyd retires if he still looks good after that last fight....you'll have some dumbasses saying he retired to duck Broner or some shit.

In regards to your post though. Therw is a double standard but Floyd fucked himself when he went in on Manny for catchweighting and talking about how he wants fighters at their best weight.

Nah I think Floyd fucked himself wanting to be the bad guy, that's why people want him to lose, that's why they dislike him. That's why they defend Pac, nobodies perfect but the media sure made Pac look it for a while

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 06:51 PM