Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Jun 6 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im not sure how Lee can withstand one of Julio's 185+ lb punches. Those skinny legs of his, that resemble a pair of "Strike Anywhere" matches, will not be much help when those punches land. I surely cant see him backing him up. Lee's best bet is to go to the body (with conviction) or go for the temple.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 10 2012, 10:28 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Im not sure how Lee can withstand one of Julio's 185+ lb punches. Those skinny legs of his, that resemble a pair of "Strike Anywhere" matches, will not be much help when those punches land. I surely cant see him backing him up. Lee's best bet is to go to the body (with conviction) or go for the temple.

"...that resemble a pair of Strike Anywhere matches"....funny stuff!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 13 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #13

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Do you think the judges MIGHT be a bit more fair to Lee in light of the Bradley-Pacquiao decision? (If Lee does well in the fight?) Or do you think there will still be just as much favoritism toward Chavez going in, as if Pacquiao had won? Can boxing afford another robbery, Texas+potential Gale Van Hoy judge+potential Lawrence Cole ref+ have it 118-110 for Chavez Jr on two cards. before the fight even starts type of situation?

My guess is that partial open scoring will be used (but only for the corners after rounds 4 and 8) as a sort of pacifier for the crowd. But remember, open scoring only takes away the symptom of bad judging by eliminating some of the suspense when a decision is read. It does not make judges better or more accountable for their decisions. I firmly believe that.

Jack

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 13 2012, 06:54 PM
Post #14

The Consultant

The judges are from the Philippians, Great Britain, and a Texas local. But neutrality goes out the window because Laurence Cole is ref. The WBC's favorite son will favor Chavez Jr, just for breathing! They should have brought in Steve Smoger to ref!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 13 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jun 6 2012, 09:26 PM) *

In addition to what you said, I'm sure that effective movement is part of Lee's game plan (Ha! I'm not exactly saying something that most boxers don't have as part of their strategy already...).

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jun 13 2012, 10:51 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jun 13 2012, 10:50 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 13 2012, 07:33 PM) *
Do you think the judges MIGHT be a bit more fair to Lee in light of the Bradley-Pacquiao decision? (If Lee does well in the fight?) Or do you think there will still be just as much favoritism toward Chavez going in, as if Pacquiao had won? Can boxing afford another robbery, Texas+potential Gale Van Hoy judge+potential Lawrence Cole ref+ have it 118-110 for Chavez Jr on two cards. before the fight even starts type of situation?

My guess is that partial open scoring will be used (but only for the corners after rounds 4 and 8) as a sort of pacifier for the crowd. But remember, open scoring only takes away the symptom of bad judging by eliminating some of the suspense when a decision is read. It does not make judges better or more accountable for their decisions. I firmly believe that.

Jack

Re. the judges, dunno, let's see....

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I thought that Bradley/Pacquaio could've gone either way and I still think that.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jun 14 2012, 01:31 AM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Chavez is probably gonna punish this kid. I'm not taking anything away from lee but no way he's beating chavez the judges the ref and the scale. If he's up and he's taking any sort of punishment I could see the ref stopping it, let's get it straight he's not taking anything on the cards, and chavez will come in north of 180 and will probably skip the drug tests again just to spit in the face of the sport. Btw did we forget who's promoting this? In the words of rjj "Yall musta forgot!"

Chavez by late Tko or decision (gift or not)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jun 14 2012, 07:48 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

It was just brought to my attention that FREDDIE ROACH trained Craig McEwan when he fought Lee last March. Lee was on the ride of his life in that fight until he landed those shots towards the end that stopped McEwan.

Guess who's training Chavez for this fight...who else? Yep you got it...Mr. Roach. It was also brought back to my attention that Chavez did have it out with Bob about that contract extension that was being shoved down in his throat...cant remember if he excepted or not.

With that said, Bob may possibly fuck Chavez like he did Manny last weekend...you know how the Bobfather gets when you dont roll with his campaign, he plays the victim with hurt feelings and leaves you in a world of hurt.

I still have Chavez by TKO, but Arum is still an unforgiving person, so who knows...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Jun 14 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #19

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

some shit is going on this saturday

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jun 15 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #20

The Consultant

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Jun 14 2012, 05:01 PM) *
some shit is going on this saturday

We may even have shit before Saturday,

According to Fightnews. com, Lee's team requested that both camps have their gloves weighed just to do what they could to keep everything fair. Lee was willing to do so, and did so, but the Texas Commission spokesperson, Robert Tapia said Chavez Jr. did not have to weigh his gloves so he did not:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/chavez-cam...-request-118438

FUCK THIS SHIT!

Jack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 01:23 PM