Reply to this topicStart new topic
> broner, did he drop stafford?
klonopinz
post Apr 20 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,879

so i heard broner say he was training with hunter in dc, and not stafford in nati. on the main page it shos him training with them guys in videos, so my ??? is, did he drop stafford for a switch, or just take a break, or did he just go down there for a fe weeks camp? anybody got any news on this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
readydog72
post Apr 20 2014, 01:46 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 14,138

I think he just moved his camp. Maybe because he was in DC for the BHOP fight and appearance on Showtime.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/4/4/558098...you-wont-get-it

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 23 2014, 12:30 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 20 2014, 02:33 PM) *
so i heard broner say he was training with hunter in dc, and not stafford in nati. on the main page it shos him training with them guys in videos, so my ??? is, did he drop stafford for a switch, or just take a break, or did he just go down there for a fe weeks camp? anybody got any news on this?

I think I remember him mentioning Stafford...I think. The part that pissed me off is the whole, "I'm training with the Peterson brothers" bullshit. Dude, stop trying to bunk up and be buddies with everybody, we wanna see you fight some of these guys.

It's bad enough that the little twerp can't hold his own and back up all of that trash talk, but to go around calling people "big brother" and so on, killing the chances of any of these matchups happening, is another thing.

This may be a little harsh and hater-like, but he does bother me from time to time. His confidence is back, now that he's fighting another midget next weekend.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post Apr 23 2014, 12:51 PM
Post #4

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

spot on Cshel! can't stand the whole, "we're best of friends because we train together, share trainers, and won't fight ever garbage"... reminds me of Pac-Khan, Pac-Cotto and now Pac-Provo

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 23 2014, 02:13 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (klonopinz @ Apr 20 2014, 11:33 AM) *

nothing new hes stated working with them before hes also has a relationship with devons camp

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2014, 10:30 AM) *
I think I remember him mentioning Stafford...I think. The part that pissed me off is the whole, "I'm training with the Peterson brothers" bullshit. Dude, stop trying to bunk up and be buddies with everybody, we wanna see you fight some of these guys.

It's bad enough that the little twerp can't hold his own and back up all of that trash talk, but to go around calling people "big brother" and so on, killing the chances of any of these matchups happening, is another thing.

This may be a little harsh and hater-like, but he does bother me from time to time. His confidence is back, now that he's fighting another midget next weekend.

as long as the next one is a top 10 let the gums be bummed for now ...hes building back his ego lmao
QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 23 2014, 10:51 AM) *
spot on Cshel! can't stand the whole, "we're best of friends because we train together, share trainers, and won't fight ever garbage"... reminds me of Pac-Khan, Pac-Cotto and now Pac-Provo

+1

pac-porter the list goes on and its not just them .... many more on that list

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 23 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (TheCritics @ Apr 23 2014, 01:51 PM) *

Man, it just sucks the fun out of these future matchups. If you're gonna be friends with everybody, then go do something else other than boxing. If a fight doesn't get made, I want it to be over money, politics, or promotional issues...not some friendship. He fights bums all day long, then befriends solid competitors....starting to get annoying. Lol

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Apr 23 2014, 03:13 PM) *
as long as the next one is a top 10 let the gums be bummed for now ...hes building back his ego lmao

That's another chance that we have to take, because there's no telling who he's fighting next. Chances are, it wont be anybody worth a challenge. Not that I wanna see him lose, because it's already happened, but display those "skills" on guys who pose a threat...then we'll see how your skills play out.

He's at 140 now, so I can't name too many matchups that they can make for him. Can you name some?

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Apr 23 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2014, 05:17 PM) *
Man, it just sucks the fun out of these future matchups. If you're gonna be friends with everybody, then go do something else other than boxing. If a fight doesn't get made, I want it to be over money, politics, or promotional issues...not some friendship. He fights bums all day long, then befriends solid competitors....starting to get annoying. Lol

That's another chance that we have to take, because there's no telling who he's fighting next. Chances are, it wont be anybody worth a challenge. Not that I wanna see him lose, because it's already happened, but display those "skills" on guys who pose a threat...then we'll see how your skills play out.

He's at 140 now, so I can't name too many matchups that they can make for him. Can you name some?

Herrera, Aydin, Jean, paris, lopez, Raheem, abregu

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 23 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

He hasn't dropped Stafford from what I've read

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 23 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 23 2014, 07:17 PM) *

I agree but us boxing fans are the only ones who care about this...this happens in all sports. It's happened more times in the UFC then in boxing truthfully. What about the NFL, Cutler and Rodgers are bff's. Now this is the Bears and Packers we talking about and both sides are buddy buddy with eachother. That's harder for me to accept then a couple of dudes refusing to fight each other. Damn thing went froma rivalry to a couples retreat.

And the NBA is the same, it's the AAU era, all these dudes came up through the ranks together. The game done changed, athletes favor their friendships more then the comeptition of the game. Now Joakim and Lebron don't get along because thier beef goes all the way back to AAU, same as Luol Deng and Lebron. But you got Paul George who was obsessed with Lebron and you got Jabari Parker and Andrew wiggins who coming out this yr, these cats favor their AAu days coming up over seeing whose better. I can't stand it either but it's not just boxing, it's everywhere

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 23 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Apr 23 2014, 09:20 PM) *
I agree but us boxing fans are the only ones who care about this...this happens in all sports. It's happened more times in the UFC then in boxing truthfully. What about the NFL, Cutler and Rodgers are bff's. Now this is the Bears and Packers we talking about and both sides are buddy buddy with eachother. That's harder for me to accept then a couple of dudes refusing to fight each other. Damn thing went froma rivalry to a couples retreat.

And the NBA is the same, it's the AAU era, all these dudes came up through the ranks together. The game done changed, athletes favor their friendships more then the comeptition of the game. Now Joakim and Lebron don't get along because thier beef goes all the way back to AAU, same as Luol Deng and Lebron. But you got Paul George who was obsessed with Lebron and you got Jabari Parker and Andrew wiggins who coming out this yr, these cats favor their AAu days coming up over seeing whose better. I can't stand it either but it's not just boxing, it's everywhere

I agree as well, but as well all know, boxing and MMA is a one man sport....after the first bell rings. We've seen sparring partners put on dull fights (at times), and we've seen friends just flat out refuse to fight each other. I don't expect too see the Klitz bros or the Charlos fight each other, but these other dudes need to step up.

That Rodgers and Cutler bromance is ridiculous, by the way. Lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 08:48 AM