Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGG vs Canelo, Sparring
mgrover
post Apr 9 2013, 05:43 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Supposedly it's not as one sided as it seems? If anything Canelo was getting to GGG who wasn't bothering with any head movement.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 06:01 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

i learned about golovkin back in '03 when i acquired tape (yes, video tape) from a kid i was training at the time. he told me back then that golovkin would be the guy to beat at the '04 olympics. i was impressed waaaay back then even against the unknown opposition he faced at the time. as a pro...he has continued to impress me.

the former soviet bloc has plenty of talent that hasn't made the splash i thought they would by now...but some are still on the rise.

what happened to matt korobov!?!?!?! southpaw...very solid. he was signed with toprank but has disappeared.

and what about dimitry pirog!!?!?!?! dude was so impressive in his ko of danny jacobs and hasn't been back on american tv. what gives!?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 9 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 06:01 PM) *
i learned about golovkin back in '03 when i acquired tape (yes, video tape) from a kid i was training at the time. he told me back then that golovkin would be the guy to beat at the '04 olympics. i was impressed waaaay back then even against the unknown opposition he faced at the time. as a pro...he has continued to impress me.

the former soviet bloc has plenty of talent that hasn't made the splash i thought they would by now...but some are still on the rise.

what happened to matt korobov!?!?!?! southpaw...very solid. he was signed with toprank but has disappeared.

and what about dimitry pirog!!?!?!?! dude was so impressive in his ko of danny jacobs and hasn't been back on american tv. what gives!?

He suppose to fight ggg, ducked him. Has had a string of suspect injuries, bad decision making, and a ridiculous belief of self entitlement. Spent so much time chasing Martinez he completely neglected fighting anyone else of note.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 9 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 9 2013, 08:17 PM) *
He suppose to fight ggg, ducked him. Has had a string of suspect injuries, bad decision making, and a ridiculous belief of self entitlement. Spent so much time chasing Martinez he completely neglected fighting anyone else of note.

they both disappeared into thin air. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 9 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 9 2013, 05:38 PM) *
aww he probably wont fight him for real now.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Right!

Shit! Just reading this column, made me hurt in several places. I'm hoping that Canelo learned from this sparring session. If he didn't learn anything else, then he damn sure knows to stay away from GGG if he wants his career to last.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 07:01 PM) *

Two words...bad management

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 9 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ Apr 9 2013, 07:37 AM) *
Well they say competition has been dodging GGG while Canelo's handlers have pretTY much had him dodging the competition. I would assume that's the reason.

Please spare me the whole world is ducking GGG argument. Hes been fighting bums his whole career. Hes not a draw so obviously people arent lining up but hes got a network all over his nuts. How many middleweights out there get the chance to fight on HBO? He can getter fights than who hes been fighting. This shit is Berto, Alexander, Margarito, and every other HBO hype job all over again. The only difference is Berto and Alexander are black and the public hates those two. Its fighters getting fed bum opposition. The minute GGG steps up in opposition is the minute this bum gets dropped.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 9 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #17

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Apr 9 2013, 10:06 PM) *
Please spare me the whole world is ducking GGG argument. Hes been fighting bums his whole career. Hes not a draw so obviously people arent lining up but hes got a network all over his nuts. How many middleweights out there get the chance to fight on HBO? He can getter fights than who hes been fighting. This shit is Berto, Alexander, Margarito, and every other HBO hype job all over again. The only difference is Berto and Alexander are black and the public hates those two. Its fighters getting fed bum opposition. The minute GGG steps up in opposition is the minute this bum gets dropped.

I kind of agree... Not on the whole race thing because everybody liked berto and xander so idk where that came from but GGG has been fighting very low level competition. A lot of hype and not a lot of walk, amateurs and sparring wars don't mean shit. I wanna see something, I really hope the GGG chavez fight gets made.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 10 2013, 10:01 AM
Post #18

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 9 2013, 07:01 PM) *

The more i learn about him and see him, the more I'm impressed. People talk about chins, but damn this guy doesn't know what it means to feel pain, he eats punches and will still back you down with great boxing. I like him, i think he's alittle crazy, he moves his head when he needs to. I think when he doesn't move his head you should be worried because he cant feel anything you throw at him and you just get tired as he finds his opening. Makes fan Friendly fighting look easy. On top of it all he fights like every 3 months, whats not to love.

I forgot what it was, that he hadn't be downed before or hasn't lost in awhile. I'm not sure which can someone refresh me.

But GGG is what i think of when i think of Crazy People training in Siberia. Tough as nails
I don't think anyone now can beat him except Ward, would give him a good fight too. If you have been downed before, or lost in your Pro career, you will probably not beat GGG.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 15 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 10 2013, 10:01 AM) *
The more i learn about him and see him, the more I'm impressed. People talk about chins, but damn this guy doesn't know what it means to feel pain, he eats punches and will still back you down with great boxing. I like him, i think he's alittle crazy, he moves his head when he needs to. I think when he doesn't move his head you should be worried because he cant feel anything you throw at him and you just get tired as he finds his opening. Makes fan Friendly fighting look easy. On top of it all he fights like every 3 months, whats not to love.

I forgot what it was, that he hadn't be downed before or hasn't lost in awhile. I'm not sure which can someone refresh me.

But GGG is what i think of when i think of Crazy People training in Siberia. Tough as nails
I don't think anyone now can beat him except Ward, would give him a good fight too. If you have been downed before, or lost in your Pro career, you will probably not beat GGG.

i think ggg/ward is the biggest fight in boxing at this point. ggg/martinez is the next biggest imo.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 15 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think the general rule of thumb nowadays is, if you whooped my ass in sparring, you pretty much have NO SHOT of fighting me anywhere near my prime. See Martirosyan vs JCC Jr lol

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 02:48 AM