IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> brother nazim: danny is top 5 p4p, i have to agree.
checkleft
post Sep 25 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 25 2013, 12:41 AM) *
Hmmmmm....if I wanted to play devil's advocate/conspiracy theorist...I could say, maybe Brother Naz is doing Bernard's heavy lifting for GBP. Believe me, I've come to grips that Danny is better than I thought he was, but I dunno....

That definitely could be it, cause Bernard is riding swift pretty hard right now. And brother naz is a pretty respected figure on the boxing community, one of the most knowledgeable people we have left in the game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Sep 25 2013, 06:15 AM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 05:29 PM) *
morales had just lost a majority decision to maidana in april the year prior. many felt he won that fight.

he then destroyed cano the following december and everyone was going on about great he looked.

then he fights garcia the following march and loses a ud and got dropped in the 11th. it was danny's first fight on the big stage...and even though he looked star struck, he pulled it off.

they rematch 7 months later and danny destroys him.

i think the morales that danny beat twice would have given plenty a run for their money. maidana didn't drop morales. neither did cano.

keith is the truth...and i believe him and danny would be a mega fight. they should let that one marinate. danny has earned his shot at floyd. it's either a showcase bout or floyd imo. he's already paid his dues. keith has not.

I think Danny ison his way to greatness, but I dint think he's a Mayweather worthy opponent just becasue he's the champ at 140. Mayweather just fought and beat the 154lb champ. How can they sell him fighting the 140lb champ at this point?

I do like the Kieth Thurman/Danny Garcia Matchup. I think Garcia/Mayweather Jr jr is as big as DLH/Mosley back in the day. I like Danny and see big things from him in the near future.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Sep 25 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Sep 25 2013, 06:15 AM) *
I think Danny ison his way to greatness, but I dint think he's a Mayweather worthy opponent just becasue he's the champ at 140. Mayweather just fought and beat the 154lb champ. How can they sell him fighting the 140lb champ at this point?

I do like the Kieth Thurman/Danny Garcia Matchup. I think Garcia/Mayweather Jr jr is as big as DLH/Mosley back in the day. I like Danny and see big things from him in the near future.

saw video recently of thurman showing love for danny. not sure this or the broner fight happens...but they're all interesting match ups. i'd have to favor thurman over all of them. i'd say thurman gives floyd a run for his money...but that match ain't getting made anytime soon. thurman wants it now.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Sep 25 2013, 12:44 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 25 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 25 2013, 12:44 PM) *
saw video recently of thurman showing love for danny. not sure this or the broner fight happens...but they're all interesting match ups. i'd have to favor thurman over all of them. i'd say thurman gives floyd a run for his money...but that match ain't getting made anytime soon. thurman wants it now.

How many times do I have to tell you, BandCamp Ho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And at the 2nd bolded, NO! He ain't ready for that and I don't know if he'll ever be, but I see a title in Thurman's future...isn't he the mandatory for the belt Adrien has now?

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Sep 25 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 24 2013, 04:10 PM) *
i'm not really one for pound for pound lists. i think they should be reserved for guys who have completed their careers...but if we are going to create mythical lists...which pit one fighter against another regardless of weight...and we are looking at their skill set and accomplishment, i cannot put a klitschko on that list. sorry...it needed to be said.

if i'm going to make a list...it's going to look like this:

1. floyd mayweather
2. bernard hopkins
3. juan manuel marquez
4. andre ward
5. guillermo rigondeaux
6. danny garcia
7. sergio martinez
8. nonito donaire
9. manny pacquiao
10. tim bradley

a few of these guys are interchangeable...and the 'what have u done for me lately' rule applies. this is just off the top.

oops.

Yes, I agree that more than a few of your guys are interchangeable because there is no way in the world that Danny G should be ahead of Tim Bradley.

1. Floyd
2. Ward
3. JMM
4. Bradley
5. Martinez
6. BHop because of the 1 loss to Dawson
7. Mickey Garcia
8. Danny G
9. Rigo
10. Klitschko

Honorable mention 11. Donaire
If I was going based on skills then the list would look vastly different, I'm simply going on caliber of opponents and whether they won or lost, now way Pac makes the list with 2 losses in a row (regardless of whether or not you think the Bradley decision was correct or not).

Skillwise it would look like this:

1. Floyd
2. Rigo
3. BHop
4. Ward
5. JMM
6. Bradley
7. Mickey G
8. Martinez
9. Danny
10. Donaire

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Sep 25 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm not sold on mikey yet. His comp. has been limited

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Sep 26 2013, 01:43 AM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 25 2013, 06:10 PM) *
How many times do I have to tell you, BandCamp Ho (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

And at the 2nd bolded, NO! He ain't ready for that and I don't know if he'll ever be, but I see a title in Thurman's future...isn't he the mandatory for the belt Adrien has now?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Sep 26 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #28

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Top 10 maybe. Not Top 5. Maybe top 5 in terms of "what have you done for me lately" but as far as skill and talent...I don't have him in my top 5.

1. Money
2. Ward
3. Rigo
4. Vitali
5. B-Hop
6. Marquez
7. Martinez
8. Canelo (yea I said it)
9. Trout
10. Any one of the following: Bradley, Alexander, Garcia, GGG, Mikey Garcia

This post has been edited by Franchize: Sep 26 2013, 10:37 AM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Sep 26 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Sep 26 2013, 01:43 AM) *

They gon learn to respect Broner lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Sep 26 2013, 01:14 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

If Calzaghe didn't land on your P4P list, then you dont know a "got dang futchin' thang" about boxing, period.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 03:33 PM