IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> should hbo just reel in jim lampley, or get rid of him altogether?
daprofessor
post Jul 15 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

the guy is extremely pathetic as a commentator. waaay too biased. it's almost sad. maybe someone should tell him to lay off the weed and he wouldn't be so homotional. he has to go.

either that or give us the option to watch without commentary and just the ring and crowd noise. that is even better than being at the fight imo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 15 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Last night I thought he was disrespectful when, immediately after Bayless ended the bout, he said "Garcia has vindicated himself after his fathers misbehavior". Really? That couldnt wait? Thats the shit that gets you cursed out. This kid just won the biggest fight of his life n thats the first thing you can think to say? Some petty, meanibgless shit about his dad! Jim has an epic voice for fights, so I get why HBO keeps him. Unfortunately, the words attached to that voice are becoming more and more annoying.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 15 2012, 07:05 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

C'mon Professor, we've been down this road before...there's NOTHING wrong with the "twenty twen twen" (weed). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Other than that, fuck him! Franchize s right, Lampley has the epic voice for calling fights, especially when big moments occur. Too bad he's becoming less and less effective when it comes to saying substantial shit. That comment about Danny "vindicating" his father's words was fuckin' disgusting.

As I mentioned in the RBR thread, did anybody notice how Lampley was giving Angel shit about his comments during the fighter meeting? I guess he thought we forgot about his comments about Hamed knowing how to spell "Barrera" rather than Allah, had he lost the Barerra fight.

Foreman was about to serve his ass like mail on Sunday for that dumb comment he made. Let's not forget about that "going ghetto" comment he made about Kirkland in the Molina fight.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jul 16 2012, 08:27 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

LMAO Big George was about to fry his ass up and squeeze the juice out of him

I'm still trying to figure out Merchant's rap vs hip-hop line in the Cotto vs Mayweather fight lol. Rule of thumb should be, if you don't know shit about it, don't reference it and don't make an analogy.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Jul 16 2012, 11:14 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

That rap/hip-hop line got me also. Big George was able to call it like it was when he was on HBO. He didn't have to bite his tongue because he was caked up off of his grill sales.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2012, 11:21 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

LMAO!!!

Yall and these damn grill references!!!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 16 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #7

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Jul 15 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Last night I thought he was disrespectful when, immediately after Bayless ended the bout, he said "Garcia has vindicated himself after his fathers misbehavior". Really? That couldnt wait? Thats the shit that gets you cursed out. This kid just won the biggest fight of his life n thats the first thing you can think to say? Some petty, meanibgless shit about his dad! Jim has an epic voice for fights, so I get why HBO keeps him. Unfortunately, the words attached to that voice are becoming more and more annoying.

amen.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jul 16 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jul 15 2012, 07:05 PM) *
C'mon Professor, we've been down this road before...there's NOTHING wrong with the "twenty twen twen" (weed). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Other than that, fuck him! Franchize s right, Lampley has the epic voice for calling fights, especially when big moments occur. Too bad he's becoming less and less effective when it comes to saying substantial shit. That comment about Danny "vindicating" his father's words was fuckin' disgusting.

As I mentioned in the RBR thread, did anybody notice how Lampley was giving Angel shit about his comments during the fighter meeting? I guess he thought we forgot about his comments about Hamed knowing how to spell "Barrera" rather than Allah, had he lost the Barerra fight.

Foreman was about to serve his ass like mail on Sunday for that dumb comment he made. Let's not forget about that "going ghetto" comment he made about Kirkland in the Molina fight.

nothing wrong when u already have high levels of testosterone flowing thru ur system...but in lampley's case...he already has too much estrogen. he needs to lay off the 'twenty twen twen.' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

good call on that bullshit he pulled with the barrera/hamed fight!!! i miss big george! he kept jim and larry in check.

i thought angel handled himself well and didn't back down from shit. fuck jim lampley.

+Quote Post
flazi
post Jul 16 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #9

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

lampley was with his phatom punches again.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 16 2012, 02:28 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jul 16 2012, 02:46 PM) *
good call on that bullshit he pulled with the barrera/hamed fight!!! i miss big george! he kept jim and larry in check.

i thought angel handled himself well and didn't back down from shit. fuck jim lampley.

I MISS Big George! He wouldn't allow Lampley or Merchant to be a bitch and get the last word, he used to have their asses in check! If they were calling the fight wrong or being biased, then he would shut that shit down immediately.

Nowadays, Steward will know that Lampley is completely wrong about something, but he'll either agree, or just let him have it. With that in mind, I cant remember which fighter called Steward an Uncle Tom, but they were right.

Anybody remember how RJJ made Pacquiao look like shit with his commentary during the first Morales fight? Didn't he put Larry's ass in check too? Anybody remember Roy EVER calling a Pacquiao fight after that? I rest my case on that...

+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 06:35 PM