IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CARL FROCH says he passed Calzaghe's legacy, Do you agree??
neophyte7
post Apr 7 2013, 08:50 AM
Post #31

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Has anyone been watching long enough to remember Cal's questionable fight with Byron Mitchell??? Mitchell spins Cals head around like the exorcist with one of the most hellacious right hands I ever saw.. Cal to his credit gets up and Stuns Mitchell... and he lands about 2 punches and misses about 8 girl flurrries and as he is doing so he is looking to the ref and asking him to stop it.. the ref stopped it.. that was pure bullshit and I hated the guy since back then
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Apr 7 2013, 12:41 PM
Post #32

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

I guess the new question then should be, who would win? While I think Calzaghe is the more skilled fighter, I can definitely see Carl bullying Joe. I thought Bute was the more skilled fighter and Froch bullied him as well. Calzaghe fights like a pretty boy.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 04:50 PM
Post #33

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 5 2013, 08:09 AM) *
I never had respect for Joe Calzaghe. Other than when he destroyed Jeff Lacy (back when I was a Lacy fan), none of his wins impressed me really. He waited until B-Hop and Roy were old, came over here pounding his chest, and when he snuck away with victories, he took his ball and went home. I actually am in the minority that thinks B-Hop won that fight with him. Calzaghe was a shoe shiner who's a mix between the things I DIDN'T like about Sugar Ray Leonard and all the things Pactards claim Floyd is!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) For the record, there is nothing you can say to me about being a Jeff Lacy fan that I haven't already said to myself lmao (IMG:style_emoticons/default/resent.gif) *hangs head in shame*

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i was NEVER sold on lacy. i thought he was garbage to be honest. but i must admit....i didn't really think much of joe calzaghe at that point either. when he beat lacy so convincingly and easily...i actually started looking at him in a different light.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 7 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #34

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 7 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Has anyone been watching long enough to remember Cal's questionable fight with Byron Mitchell??? Mitchell spins Cals head around like the exorcist with one of the most hellacious right hands I ever saw.. Cal to his credit gets up and Stuns Mitchell... and he lands about 2 punches and misses about 8 girl flurrries and as he is doing so he is looking to the ref and asking him to stop it.. the ref stopped it.. that was pure bullshit and I hated the guy since back then

i remember that fight. i think everyone knew joe cal didn't have a chance against roy at that point. he knew it too...which is why they kept him in his backyard.

anyone remember the froch/dirrell fight? was i the only one that had dirrell winning 8-4? that was some pure bullshit.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 8 2013, 08:11 AM
Post #35

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Apr 7 2013, 08:50 AM) *

Jc had a handful of fights that ended that way. He gets in trouble throws a few pitty pat shit combos, hometown crowd goes nuts, hometown ref stops it way too early.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Apr 7 2013, 12:41 PM) *
I guess the new question then should be, who would win? While I think Calzaghe is the more skilled fighter, I can definitely see Carl bullying Joe. I thought Bute was the more skilled fighter and Froch bullied him as well. Calzaghe fights like a pretty boy.

I think Froch roughs him the fuck up and maybe stops him, Jc didn't have much of a chin but ill give him credit for always getting back up.

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Apr 7 2013, 04:52 PM) *
i remember that fight. i think everyone knew joe cal didn't have a chance against roy at that point. he knew it too...which is why they kept him in his backyard.

anyone remember the froch/dirrell fight? was i the only one that had dirrell winning 8-4? that was some pure bullshit.

I thought it was a little closer than that but yea that was dirrells to take home. Didn't help that it was over sea, and then they made the spinks vs Taylor argument about "you have to take the title from the champion, not run the whole fight", It's called boxing for a reason tho

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Apr 8 2013, 09:08 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

(IMG:http://gifsoup.com/view/276551/dirrell-froch2-o.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:18 PM