IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ward vs Pavlik Postponed..., Ward suffers shoulder injury.
Cshel86
post Dec 6 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Not many wanted to see this fight, but Ward needed a stay-busy fight, and Im sure he wouldn't have minded a nice payday. Maybe this was Pavlik's saving grace. I guess Ward just goes waaaay too hard in camp, because last time his fight was postponed, was because of a cut during sparring.

Hmm...does anybody see something cooking here in the meantime?

Where's Julio?

Does anybody see Chavez having a no-hoper bout at 68 in Feb or March, then possibly a Pavlik fight in the summer? What about a Ward/Chavez fight by the end of the year? Early 2014? Does Ward stay at 68 long enough?

I gotta find that Ward/Chavez thread that I opened (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 6 2012, 12:43 AM
Post #2

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 6 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Not many wanted to see this fight, but Ward needed a stay-busy fight, and Im sure he wouldn't have minded a nice payday. Maybe this was Pavlik's saving grace. I guess Ward just goes waaaay too hard in camp, because last time his fight was postponed, was because of a cut during sparring.

Hmm...does anybody see something cooking here in the meantime?

Where's Julio?

Does anybody see Chavez having a no-hoper bout at 68 in Feb or March, then possibly a Pavlik fight in the summer? What about a Ward/Chavez fight by the end of the year? Early 2014? Does Ward stay at 68 long enough?

I gotta find that Ward/Chavez thread that I opened (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Good news for Pavlik lol

I like that idea, Chavez Jr. Vs. Pavlik. Doubt if it's made sooner than later though, Chavez already has un-finished buisness with Martinez in September 2013 given that Martinez gets past Murray (which I'm shore he will). Chavez on the other hand needs to find him self (as u put it) a no-hoper and bounce back. If he get his act right outside the ring, he can take care of buisness inside the ring against Martinez and have the Pavlik and Ward Fights on the horizon.

Damn, I hate when events are postponed.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Dec 6 2012, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Is this the equivalent of having your execution date push back? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Dec 6 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

Good!! Not a fight I was real big on, in the first place. Pavlik was just a name and dollar figure, not a challenge.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 6 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

bring on chavez/pavlik!!!! that's the fight that should have been made first anyway!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 6 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I doubt ward would agree lol. Pavlic fighting chavez would only make the ward Pavlic lose more meaning especially if chavez wins.

Ward always gets injured, he had that cut, the hand injury he fought through for the Froch fight, and now this. He must go ham during camp.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 7 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

LMAO at you guys being happy for Pavlik's safety! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
xxxxxx
post Dec 8 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 5,559

I was glad when I read that Pavlik was getting this opportunity again. Back in 2007 Pavlik was a force to be dealt with. I don't believe he can win a decison against Ward, but if he can get some solid glove on him It may turn into a somewhat competitve fight. Pavlik needs to use the extra month to devise the right game plan and get in the best shape possible he can. He will be a big underdog going into the fight.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 04:31 AM