Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Carl Froch
Gambit808
post Jan 23 2014, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

Man, 2014 shaping up to be another good year for boxing. This is a good fight in which I know Andre Ward will be looking at. Who u got in this one when/if made?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Jan 23 2014, 02:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 23 2014, 03:23 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

Chavez's power didn't seem to faze Vera as much as we thought, Froch is going to start slow, and so does Chavez Jr, so am tuning in at round 4 lol. But really Froch can take it, after a war, but yeah.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 03:27 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

March 1, 2014 (at approximately 11:50 PM EST/8:50 PM PCT)

<Michael Buffer>..."and the winner, by split decision...JULIO! Caserrrrr Chaveeeeez, Juuuuuuunior"

*crowd boos*

Kellerman: "That was pretty a good performance you put on in there, but man, that was CLOSE fight. How do you feel about the decision?"
Chavez: *speaking Spanish*
Olaya: "Yes, yes, there a couple of close rounds, but he couldn't hurt me, not at all. I didn't despair, no no not at all. He couldn't take my punches. I was the aggressor all night long"

Kellerman: "After all of the controversy of drug testing, trainers, and weight issues, do you feel that you're back on track?"
Olaya: "Of course, things are better now. My camp was great for this fight, I was more prepared this time. I never had weight problems. Vera's a good fighter, but tonight was my night. I was confident"

Kellerman: "What does this victory do for the Chavez name?"
Olaya: "I just want to thank all of the fans for coming out tonight and supporting me. I'll be back in the ring soon, for all of Mexico"
*Blank stare from Chavez Sr.*

Kellerman: "Julio, Julio, as I'm sure you've heard, there are rumors floating around about a possible match with Carl Froch. Who do you want next?"
Chavez: *speaks Spanish*
Olaya: "We've heard nothing of a Froch fight, we were focused on Vera. I'm willing to fight anybody"
*Arum behind him* {thinking} "The Froch fight was signed yesterday evening...bunch of dummies*

Kellerman (being the persistent fuckstick that he is): "Who's next. Name one"
Chavez: speaking Spanish*
Olaya: "We don't know yet, but we'll fight anybody. I'll leave that up to my promoter"

Kellerman: "Thanks Julio. Before you go, what weight will the Fro--
Chavez: "Viva Mexico!!!" *Speaks some Spanish while walking away*

Saturday night's headline: Chavez decisions Vera in a close fight.
Monday morning's headline: Deal reached for Chavez vs Froch, June 7

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 23 2014, 03:41 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:27 PM) *

<Michael Buffer>..."and the winner, by split decision...JULIO! Caserrrrr Chaveeeeez, Juuuuuuunior"

*crowd boos*

Kellerman: "That was pretty a good performance you put on in there, but man, that was CLOSE fight. How do you feel about the decision?"
Olaya: "Yes, yes, there a couple of close rounds, but he couldn't hurt me, not at all. I didn't despair, no no not at all. He couldn't take my punches. I was the aggressor all night long"

Kellerman: "After all of the controversy of drug testing, trainers, and weight issues, do you feel that you're back on track?"
Olaya: "Of course, things are better now. My camp was great for this fight, I was more prepared this time. I never had weight problems. Vera's a good fighter, but tonight was my night. I was confident"

Olaya: "I just want to thank all of the fans for coming out tonight and supporting me. I'll be back in the ring soon, for all of Mexico"

Kellerman: "Julio, Julio, as I'm sure you've heard, there are rumors floating around about a possible match with Carl Froch. Who do you want next?"
Olaya: "We've heard nothing of a Froch fight, we were focused on Vera. I'm willing to fight anybody"
*Arum behind him* {thinking} "The Froch fight was signed yesterday evening...bunch of dummies*

Olaya: "We don't know yet, but we'll fight anybody. I'll leave that up to my promoter"

why even make the fight now.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 23 2014, 03:53 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 23 2014, 03:23 PM) *
Chavez's power didn't seem to faze Vera as much as we thought, Froch is going to start slow, and so does Chavez Jr, so am tuning in at round 4 lol. But really Froch can take it, after a war, but yeah.

Vera better find a way to put the stamp on his last performance or the same thing will happen again.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2014, 03:41 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing. Why even let it surface? Total disrespect to Vera...once again, might I add. Who knows, Vera may go for the gusto for real on March 1st...and throw a monkey wrench in everything. I doubt it though, Bob does a good job of matching losers...so Chavez is gonna fight Froch, regardless.

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 23 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 23 2014, 04:27 PM) *

*crowd boos*

You had that vision too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post Jan 23 2014, 04:07 PM
Post #8

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 23 2014, 04:41 PM) *

So froch don't get Molly whopped in the meantime. And the fight still makes sense and money

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 23 2014, 04:14 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 23 2014, 04:05 PM) *
You had that vision too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Yep, made my ass hurt as soon as I read the Froch/Chavez "possibility" headline. Poor Vera...dude is gonna get shafted...again. Lol

Max Kellerman's gonna push the envelope on this one...I can just feel it.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Jan 23 2014, 04:18 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

This probably is the best possible way to feed Chavez Jr. to "the wolf" Andre Ward, given that he goes (2-0) from now until then. A whole lot of punishment to take as well.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 10:26 AM