IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mayweather signs 6 fight deal w/showtime: Announces Guerrero as May 4th opponent, R.I.P. HBO
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #131

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 27 2013, 08:42 PM) *
I've been talking about this to some of my friends and I told them that I think if he seriously chooses to fight 6 times then he should do 3 solid opponents and 3 tough opponents

I think he should fight Martinez, Canelo, the Brook-Alexander winner, he's fighting Guerrero obviously....Canelo, if he beats Trout, and maybe Garcia if he can keep winning. But between Canelo and Danny, I'd leave those 2 open. The 140lbers will be moving up soon and those could be good matchups down the line

If a Pacquiao fight materializes then I'd be interested in that, but at this point I'm more intrigued by the possibility of Mayweather-Bradley

i'm with u on that one. if i'm bradley i talk mad shit to floyd after i win my next fight impressively.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 12:13 AM
Post #132

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2013, 07:00 PM) *
i'm with u on that one. if i'm bradley i talk mad shit to floyd after i win my next fight impressively.

He just might do that, the way he's talking now is as if he's the new king of the hill. And in the past he has said that he envisioned himself being the one to defeat Mayweather

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 28 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #133

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I am interested in how Pillow fists can beat mayweather??? If someone thinks so please elaborate.. Iron Dome can barely make a fight for himself with mediocre competition yet he envisions himself beating mayweather LOL--

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Feb 28 2013, 01:10 PM
Post #134

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 26 2013, 10:35 PM) *
It's not just one source or one article, it's multiple sites and the biggest one is the Boston Herald, which is pretty reputable. True the list is a rumor but the source came from inside of Showtime. If the list is true, what happens if one of them loses, then he'd have to look elsewhere

Now whether it comes to fruition is another story but IF it's true then that is truly the definition of cherry picking. I like Floyd just as much as you do but c'mon bruh, even you need to man up and admit those are horrible fights. There is only 2 PPV worthy fights on there and that's Canelo and the one he got coming up.

Mr.Chitown I feel cousin but these opponents have to win and be marketable. This list is based on the what if.. The reason why Red Head isn't on the May 4th card is because Alvarez could not guarantee a victory over Trout. Mayweather can not guarantee a victory over Robert. So that list maybe accurate by all accounts but it depends on to much on the what if. Alexander could lose. Matthyssee could lose as well. Garcia I would bulk at and let's face it those are not big money fights. My only thing is let's wait and see versus saying this is Gospel.

My Mayweather five fight list

1. Keith Thurman
2. Trout/Canelo winner
3. Sergio Martinez (154)
4. Bradley
5. Peterson

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #135

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2013, 07:31 PM) *
alexander shouldn't be on the list unless it's behind bradley. never seen brook fight. who has he beaten to make the list?

amir khan should be behind peterson and garcia.

you can make the case to put josesito before khan....i think peterson and garcia both go before him.

Well an Alexander fight is much easier to make, and we all know the reason why. I honestly believe Tim and Devon should fight again, but if Tim felt the way he did about a Peterson rematch, then Im sure he'd react the same to the thought of an Alexander rematch.

I also believe that Khan should be behind Peterson and Garcia, but we're talking marketability here, and in that case, we surpasses both of them. Problem is, he needs to prove that he's up the task, and that doesn't include bouts against a midget Molina or an upcoming bout against an untested Diaz.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 28 2013, 06:51 PM
Post #136

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Feb 28 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Mr.Chitown I feel cousin but these opponents have to win and be marketable. This list is based on the what if.. The reason why Red Head isn't on the May 4th card is because Alvarez could not guarantee a victory over Trout. Mayweather can not guarantee a victory over Robert. So that list maybe accurate by all accounts but it depends on to much on the what if. Alexander could lose. Matthyssee could lose as well. Garcia I would bulk at and let's face it those are not big money fights. My only thing is let's wait and see versus saying this is Gospel.

My Mayweather five fight list

1. Keith Thurman
2. Trout/Canelo winner
3. Sergio Martinez (154)
4. Bradley
5. Peterson

Good list and I agree with what your saying. I don't think it's the gospel it's just regular shop talk type stuff. At this point everything is based on a what if with Mayweather....I'm still glad he didn't feed into Canelo's ego by agreeing to face him in the fall. There are some intriguing matchups down the line for Floyd, we'll just have to see how it plays out

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #137

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Feb 28 2013, 01:13 AM) *
He just might do that, the way he's talking now is as if he's the new king of the hill. And in the past he has said that he envisioned himself being the one to defeat Mayweather

he's got the skills, speed and attributes to do it. i wouldn't be shocked.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #138

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2013, 03:03 PM) *
Well an Alexander fight is much easier to make, and we all know the reason why. I honestly believe Tim and Devon should fight again, but if Tim felt the way he did about a Peterson rematch, then Im sure he'd react the same to the thought of an Alexander rematch.

I also believe that Khan should be behind Peterson and Garcia, but we're talking marketability here, and in that case, we surpasses both of them. Problem is, he needs to prove that he's up the task, and that doesn't include bouts against a midget Molina or an upcoming bout against an untested Diaz.

alexander quit in that figth. no need for a rematch.

marketability or not...khan still should not be high on that list. it's a waste of a fight. if he can't beat peterson or garcia....he's got zero chance against floyd. which diaz is he fighting?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2013, 07:02 PM
Post #139

Cruiserweight

if opponents had to be marketable to face top opposition...we'd never get our next crop of great fighters.

floyd wasn't marketable when he fought gatti. imagine if gatti and his ppl used that excuse.

the 'he's not marketable enough' excuse is lame.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2013, 11:03 PM
Post #140

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 28 2013, 07:00 PM) *
alexander quit in that figth. no need for a rematch.

marketability or not...khan still should not be high on that list. it's a waste of a fight. if he can't beat peterson or garcia....he's got zero chance against floyd. which diaz is he fighting?

I have to go back and watch it again, but I just remember it ending in a shitty manner. Lol

Marketability trumps everything in boxing, hence why Canelo is so close to landing a Mayweather fight. It sucks, but if it didn't, then we wouldn't be talking about boxing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oh yeah, Im not sure which Diaz this is, that Khan is getting ready to fight. More than likely, he isn't much of a threat though.

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 05:28 AM