IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can You Image If Pacquiao Had Beaten Bradley?
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2013, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

It seems to me like that win for TB was a blessing in disguise for Top Rank's cash cow because had it not had happend, up to this point, Manny would have no legitimate dance partner being that JMM would not fight him for a 5 time. I don't want to be the one throwing out accusations here but it does seem a bit like a Don King move Arum pulled for that fight cause had it had gone down the way most people thought it should have, we wouldn't be talking up a rematch with TB right now since the JMM 5th fight didn't work, we would more than likely see back to back flops for PAC and instead be forced to talk up his own damn stable-mate/sparring partner Ruslan Provodnikov as his next opponent since TR's quality of WW's are far from PPV material like GBP.

Thoughts?

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Dec 27 2013, 05:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Dec 27 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 27 2013, 03:33 PM) *
It seems to me like that win for TB was a blessing in disguise for Top Rank's cash cow because had it not had happend, up to this point, Manny would have no legitimate dance partner being that JMM would not fight him for a 5 time. I don't want to be the one throwing out accusations here but it does seem a bit like a Don King move Arum pulled for that fight cause had it had gone down the way most people thought it should have, we wouldn't be talking up a rematch with TB right now since the JMM 5th fight didn't work, we would more than likely see back to back flops for PAC and instead be forced to talk up his own damn stable-mate/sparring partner Ruslan Provodnikov as his next opponent since TR's quality of WW's are far from PPV material like GBP.

Thoughts?

The most interesting thing about that fight was the delay before the fight. no cameras were allowed in Pac's locker room. when has Pac ever taken rounds off? After the decision he seemed cool, like he expected it. Not to mention, Bradley was demonized for everything. everything worked in Pac's favor.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #3

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Dec 27 2013, 06:38 PM) *
The most interesting thing about that fight was the delay before the fight. no cameras were allowed in Pac's locker room. when has Pac ever taken rounds off? After the decision he seemed cool, like he expected it. Not to mention, Bradley was demonized for everything. everything worked in Pac's favor.

Yup, and had he'd gotten the decision, I believe that Marquez KO would've been an even more huge blow to TR than it is already, atlease now TB seems to be the most lucrative back up plan for him now, but after that, who's left?

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 27 2013, 08:09 PM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 27 2013, 04:33 PM) *

Thoughts?

If Pacquiao fights Tim again, not only is it going to be a flop like the first one but he's probably going to lose

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 27 2013, 08:09 PM) *
If Pacquiao fights Tim again, not only is it going to be a flop like the first one but he's probably going to lose

What other choice does he have that would do better though?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 27 2013, 08:22 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 27 2013, 08:16 PM) *

Expect a 5th fight...waaaay more "fireworks" (read: promotional material) than a Bradley rematch. Let's see, hmm...Juan just lost a "close" fight to the guy who "beat" Manny last June...in Top Ranks terms...a close (or controversial) loss, is a win, so Juan actually beat Bradley, and Manny actually beat Bradley, lol.

Arum is going to line his pockets when it's all said and done. He's given us enough treats (Chavez/Martinez, Rios/Alvarado 1 & 2, Rigo/Donaire, Bradley/Ruslan, Alvarado/Ruslan)...so yeah...I expect the typical TR wash, rinse, and repeat move next year.

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Dec 27 2013, 08:31 PM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 27 2013, 08:22 PM) *
Expect a 5th fight...waaaay more "fireworks" (read: promotional material) than a Bradley rematch. Let's see, hmm...Juan just lost a "close" fight to the guy who "beat" Manny last June...in Top Ranks terms...a close (or controversial) loss, is a win, so Juan actually beat Bradley, and Manny actually beat Bradley, lol.

Arum is going to line his pockets when it's all said and done. He's given us enough treats (Chavez/Martinez, Rios/Alvarado 1 & 2, Rigo/Donaire, Bradley/Ruslan, Alvarado/Ruslan)...so yeah...I expect the typical TR wash, rinse, and repeat move next year.

From what I've been reading it don't look like Juan wants the fight, now I can't blaim him for that, but as a fan I'd rather that fight than any other, but it sounds to me like he don't wanna risk another less than stellar/possible screw job performance if he's not able to repeat what he did. I read they offered up a career high 15mil for this fight and he still turned it down.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 27 2013, 08:48 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 27 2013, 08:31 PM) *
From what I've been reading it don't look like Juan wants the fight, now I can't blaim him for that, but as a fan I'd rather that fight than any other, but it sounds to me like he don't wanna risk another less than stellar/possible screw job performance if he's not able to repeat what he did. I read they offered up a career high 15mil for this fight and he still turned it down.

He didn't want the 4th fight either...what is that saying that they use about "history"?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If they really offered him $15M, then he would've taken the fight, so I cant believe that. How in the world is he clamoring and standing firm on a Bradley rematch (which wont even give him a pubic's hair fraction of $15M), but he doesn't wanna fight a guy that he knows for a 5th time, for $15M?

Juan always does this...he whines, complains, refuses fights, then ends up taking the same fight that he claims he "refuses" to take. LOL

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 27 2013, 09:19 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Dec 27 2013, 07:16 PM) *

That's the dilemma now isn't it? I still think a rematch between Bradley and Manny will flop but it will do better numbers then the fight in Macau. The problem with TR is they don't have any fighters in and around 140 and 147. I think they were counting on Vargas and Karim Mayfield but that hasn't worked out

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post Dec 27 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #10

Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

They will give Alvarado one more fight at 140 get him a win move him to 147...he will be an option..
There is always Ruslan Provodnikov which would be right up the alley of Pac's fan base but that's dependent on Prov taking the fight...
Bradley of course but I think that fight is more about getting his belts back...possible 3rd fight.

Just in that right there you have four options..if they do two more bradley pacquiao fights for a trilogy granted if Pac wins the rematch and doesn't get score card raped.
There are other promoters Arum does business with so if anyone gets a spark they could always pair him up that way or since he wants to fight in asia again later next year perhaps he can take one of them european welterweight title bouts as well.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 04:20 PM