IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I the Only One That's Tired of Marquez???
DigitalBoom
post Dec 10 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #11

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2013, 02:59 PM) *
jeez this guy again, I swear it wouldn't be hard to get him to fight Pac again, a bit of trash talking about a lucky punch and he'll lace them up again. Insecure as fuck.

If you watch 24/7 you can walk away with the vibe that Pacquaio has moved on from it, I think he realized focusing on that on any level is going to mess with his confidence and he was just trying to get it back. I don't think Pacquaio in private wants the fight, he'll say yeah i'll fight anyone but I don't think he's dumb enough to tempt fate again. Marquez too I don't think is willing to risk himself becoming a meme in case life decides to toss some karma at him that night.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 10 2013, 06:38 PM
Post #12

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Marquez needs to fade to black..I can write a book right now of current fighters who need to fade to black. But Juan needs to understand that his fight against Bradley was a CLEAR loss, I didn't have the fight close. It's a difference between competitive and close. Cotto was competitive against Floyd but he still lost a clear decision, I only gave him 3rds against Floyd but he was competitive throughout the fight.

My main issue with Juan is, every time he loses he calls robbery. It's sickening. How you win 2,3, maybe 4rds in a fight and call robbery. You let Marquez tell it he has only lost 2 or 3 fights. He needs to be a professional and accept the fact that he's lost. It happens get over it, but don't say you've been cheated like you made those rounds so close they could've went either way because that's not the case. JMM needs a Provodnikov type fighter. He's good against those types. Those are the only matchups he should be in if he goes forward but if he retired I wouldn't be mad

+Quote Post
un01
post Dec 11 2013, 12:45 AM
Post #13

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 10 2013, 02:53 PM) *
The first three Pacquiao-Marquez fights were all too close to be a robbery for any of them. I thought Pacquiao controlled the most in fight #1 for a solid win. Those huge first round knockdowns too big for Marquez to overcome.

Second fight for Marquez by no more than 1-2 points.

Third fight, Marquez by a point.

Marquez in my view has a close 3-1 lead in the series.

Pacquiao-Marquez I, II, and III. Is the Ali-Norton series, Holmes-Norton, or the Leonard-Hagler fight. You are going to get 50/50 splits on who won because those fights generated those kinds of outcomes.

A question than becomes, does Marquez need Pacquiao in order to have close fights every time out? Is Marquez' main ability that he is always able to make Pacquiao look ordinary?. And in contrast Pacquiao making Marquez to be this much better fighter than he is against other opposition? Pacquiao brings out the greatness in Marquez, where as with other fights and fighters, Marquez can be good to very good, but can still be shut-out by the best boxers. and can look bad For example, Mayweather.

Marquez-Bradley a shutout? WOW! I know I had Tim winning, but in the dominating way indicated above.

Jack

The first two fights were the most competitive in the rivalry. I had Pac winning the first fight. Marquez could of came back from the 10-6 round, but then he started exchanging with Manny too much towards the end and gave a few rounds away. The second fight was the toughest to score. I had Marquez edging out towards the end, but there were a lot of toss up rounds in that fight that could have gone either way, so I'm not mad at Pac taking the fight.

The third fight wasn't really that competitive to me. I can't give the judges a pass on that fight. Marquez had too many clear and definitive rounds for him not to get the the decision. Pac looked overwhelmed and underprepared. Pac thought he was gonna steamroll through Marquez because of his big wins, but ended up being completely outclassed in that fight.

As for the Marquez vs Bradley fight, I honestly couldn't give Marquez any rounds. Bradley controlled and dictated the entire fight. Marquez couldn't sit back in the pocket and had to come forward and be the aggressor which takes Marquez completely out of his element and has him looking slow and 40.

This post has been edited by un01: Dec 11 2013, 12:48 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2013, 09:45 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 10 2013, 01:59 PM) *
jeez this guy again, I swear it wouldn't be hard to get him to fight Pac again, a bit of trash talking about a lucky punch and he'll lace them up again. Insecure as fuck.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Agreed. Just why in the hell is he even trying to fight WWs anyway? Let's be honest, Marquez has no business fighting any WWs that are named Manny Pacquiao. He knows Manny, so he gets a pass for fighting him at WW, but the Bradley fight was all wrong for him.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 10 2013, 02:07 PM) *
His career is starting to lie in the lush pastures between the late great Joe Frazier and Antonio Tarver. His legacy is going to be remembered by beating one guy if he keeps it up. I agree with CShel. I'm all for tactical bouts but Bradley/Marquez was boring to me. I said it would be boring before hand and I woke up with not one yoke of egg on my face. Marquez is a Hall of Famer but I'm not sure who I want to see him fight anymore. Just hang em up before the casual fans start to tarnish your legacy.

Sig worthy my friend...truly sig worthy.

*takes a bow*

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 11 2013, 09:48 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 10 2013, 01:22 PM) *
I disagree with that, maybe to the casual fans it wasn't, but it was one hell of a fight imo, great technical aspect for the sport.

Sorry, but JMM/Bradley was boring...and that's coming from a hardcore fan. It almost put me in the mind of Mayweather/JMM, which was equally boring. The only thing exciting about it, was the fact that Floyd looked so sharp, and the only thing exciting about this one, is that Bradley was flopping all over the ring in his Mega-Man Nike boots.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Dec 12 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #16

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

Marquez is an idiot. He don't know what he wants to do. First he was set to retire if he didn't get a rematch with Tim. Now he's saying that he wants to fight at least two more times and that he wants to fight in Mexico before the big rematch with Bradley. Dude is funny

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 22 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

WhatGotta love this "$15M" that I'm hearing about, if Marquez and Pac is made again.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

When has ANY of Bob's fighters made this much...other than Oscar, maybe?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 23 2013, 01:37 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 10 2013, 09:50 AM) *
Seriously, dude is one of the best Mexican fighters in the history of the sport, can't dispute that. On the other hand, this guy can be a real thumb-sucking ball sack when he loses a fight. Gladly, he wasn't all that known when he lost to Chris John, but all of those Pac fights (which could be understood) is what spearheaded his crybaby tendencies.

Nowadays, you cant tell if it's promotion (wanting more money for his next fight), or he's really this sour. He whined really hard after the 3rd Pac fight and threatened retirement. He also cried about not wanting to fight a 4th fight, but at the same time, he was asking for more money. Which one is it, do you wanna fight or not?

This "give me a Bradley rematch, or I'll retire" BS is getting old. Let's be honest, JMM/Bradley wasn't that great of a fight, and the only soul that wants a rematch, is Marquez himself. I cant even say that he won more than 3 rounds (if he won that many), and he's so convinced that it was a close fight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

just on the pac robberies alone....this guy has a point. jmm is a legend in the sport. if he wants a rematch...u give it to him. i didn't see robbery against bradley...but i can't see him improving on that horrible performance much if he keeps that memo dude. he was way too jacked...and loaded up way too much. bradley beats him again...but both deserve the payday.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:41 AM