IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things that annoy me-Boxing's Biggest Pet Peeves! (Resurrected), Any others?
King Eugene
post Jul 28 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #31

Proud American

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,577

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2011, 01:59 AM) *
Not having instant replay to determine head butts, cuts, low blows, etc.

This is actually a pretty good one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Jul 28 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #32

Guests

Boxing should introduce something like they do with the tennis. Both fighters start with 1 challenge (whatever number they decide on). For example if a referee misses something like an accidental headbutt, low blow, a knockdown that isn't called etc. A fighter uses a challenge that goes to the instant replay. If the replay shows the fighter is wrong, the fighter loses that challenge and can't contest anymore. If the fighter is right and shows in the replay, he keeps that challenge and can use it again later if needed.

But most pet peeves have been covered.

• Catchweights for title fights
  • When boxing is a business is used to avoid fights
  • "I'm a boxing fan first, Mayweather fan second"
  • Too many titles

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Jul 28 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #33

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

Here's a few I haven't seen mentioned.

• "Vinnie Pazienza". It's Vinny. It was always Vinny. Always will be Vinny. You know who said so? Vinny. He'd know. Is it so hard to get it right?
  • The belief by idiots who think they've become experts thanks to playing video games and watching YouTube that prime Mike Tyson would walk through every heavyweight of all-time in less than two rounds. No fight would ever be competitive, everyone would just topple over and die. These are usually the same people who can be found figuratively blowing Floyd Mayweather (or sometimes Manny Pacquiao), biding their time until they get a chance to literally blow him. These are the same people who were apparently unaware that boxing existed before November 1986.
  • The fat schlucks attending fights who rarely lift anything heavier than a large food item who are intent on screaming instructions to every fighter in every fight but doing so in as vague a fashion as possible. "Throw your left! Throw your left! Right! Move! Now! Left, man! FUCK!" That sure was helpful, lard ass. Have another beer, get a seat toward the back, and shut the hell up. You're annoying everyone else and creeping out the ring card girls with your constant crude remarks and gestures. **NOTE: This is especially irritating when you're working in the corner for a fight and the jackass is five feet away.**
  • Although he's not calling fights anymore, I couldn't list my pet peeves without listing one from the past: Ferdie Pacheco. The man didn't know a damn thing, added nothing to broadcasts, and was a worthless commodity as a whole. People love to complain about Larry Merchant but I wouldn't take 50 Pacheco's for one Larry Merchant. He was Ali's physician. Good for him. That doesn't mean he knows boxing. I think I'll go sit at a doctor's office for a while and then do commentary in the operating room. There are twenty plus people on this board alone who know far more about the sport than Pacheco did but I guess Ferdie is more qualified to talk boxing on international television because he gave Muhammad Ali a prostate exam in 1972.
  • High quality round card girls aren't shown enough. Low quality round card girls are shown too much.
  • The WBC rankings and general decision making. I hate those people.
  • MMA people who think that Randy Couture choking James Toney out actually means something.
  • The very fact that Tuesday Night Fights was taken off the air.
  • ESPN's piddly boxing budget. Double it, and you can make a lot more Rodriguez-Wolak type of fights.
  • David Haye.
  • Lupe Contreras. I absolutely hate that man. Hate him. He just irritates the living hell out of me.
  • Having to listen to Joe Antonacci announce the presence of any fighter that happens to be from BROOOOOKLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN, NEW YORK if the fight is within 200 miles of New York. Great. He's from Brooklyn. Now, if he gets iced in two minutes by the son of a farmer from Topeka, Kansas, will he get the same fanfare? Probably not.
  • Boxing commissions who are either clueless, corrupt, behind the times by a couple of decades, or all of the above.

If I think of more, I'll post them. These were just off the top of my head.

This post has been edited by Romulus9: Jul 28 2011, 10:49 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 29 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

1. Those faces that De La Hoya makes while the National Anthem is being sang.

2. Shane Mosley and his relevance (or lack there of) with Golden Boy at the time that he was with them. This idiot did nothing but try to scout fights for himself, just to stink it up...then he left Oscar to go to Arum for a Pacquiao fight, just to stink it up once and for all in the history books.

3. St. Louis "supercards" that Don King puts together...all for the main event to be a travesty. (Hasn't been the same since Judah vs Spinks)

4. When a fighter is an HBO regular, and ends up fighiting on Showtime (Showtime is boring to me)

+Quote Post
lloyd mayflower
post Jul 29 2011, 09:27 AM
Post #35

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 7,369

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Jul 29 2011, 03:25 PM) *
1. Those faces that De La Hoya makes while the National Anthem is being sang.

2. Shane Mosley and his relevance (or lack there of) with Golden Boy at the time that he was with them. This idiot did nothing but try to scout fights for himself, just to stink it up...then he left Oscar to go to Arum for a Pacquiao fight, just to stink it up once and for all in the history books.

3. St. Louis "supercards" that Don King puts together...all for the main event to be a travesty. (Hasn't been the same since Judah vs Spinks)

4. When a fighter is an HBO regular, and ends up fighiting on Showtime (Showtime is boring to me)

I'd like to go one step further on your first point. Here goes:

De La Hoyas face.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jul 29 2011, 09:45 AM
Post #36

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 29 2011, 10:27 AM) *
I'd like to go one step further on your first point. Here goes:

De La Hoyas face.

Hahahaha!!!

+Quote Post
thehype
post Aug 2 2011, 01:40 PM
Post #37

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Fans who speak on things that they haven't taken the time to do research on.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Eighty88Eight
post Aug 2 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #38

I fucked with the wrong monkey...

Group: Guests
Member No.: 12,696

QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 2 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Fans who speak on things that they haven't taken the time to do research on.

sycophantic internet-journos who vehemently (vigorously... loudly) deny their sycophancy for particular fighters and such and such..............

This post has been edited by Eighty88Eight: Aug 2 2011, 10:12 PM

+Quote Post
Romulus9
post Aug 3 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #39

Formerly wvu8893

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,334

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 2 2011, 08:04 PM) *
sycophantic internet-journos who vehemently (vigorously... loudly) deny their sycophancy for particular fighters and such and such..............

(IMG:http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7457/michaelmarley240x230111.jpg)

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Aug 4 2011, 05:49 AM
Post #40

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Aug 2 2011, 08:04 PM) *

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:04 AM