IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who has the brighter future now?, Kirkland or Lemieux?
True-Boxing-Fan
post Apr 10 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 7,813

After both being upset who do y'all think still can make the better comeback? Before being upset I was looking for both fighters to make something happen in boxing. Even though Lemieux lost to Rubio I wasn't as surprised about the loss as I was with Kirkland being KO'ed.

Lemieux went up against a wiley veteran with power and experience, and Kirkland fought a relative unknown guy who supposedly didn't have much power. Both Kirkland and Lemieux have major defensive flaws and against the elite that's a big problem. They are still young and can still grow but I think Kirkland will have issues here on out as he's a offensive banger with no defense and he gets hit flush way to easy. At Lemieux's age he needs to go back to the drawing board and maybe come to America for better training and sparring.

IMO both have a long way to go especially Lemieux but i think he can make a better comeback within time, and I think Kirkland needs to keep staying busy and get back at it as soon possible. This was a crazy weekend of boxing and I love it. Who do y'all think can make a comeback?

This post has been edited by True-Boxing-Fan: Apr 11 2011, 12:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 10 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Heavyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 87

Lemieux has a better chance at a comeback than Kirkland IMO. The things that caused Lemieux to lose are more fixable than that of Kirkland. Plus, Rubio was meant to be an upgrade in opposition, a somewhat familiar name whereas Ishida was a virtual nobody, meant to be easy prey in a comeback.

+Quote Post
D-MARV
post Apr 10 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #3

Heavyweight

Member No.: 6,540

David Lemieux has a brighter future.

Neither fighter will be Hall of Fame fighters but David has the quicker hands, better defense, and probably hits harder too. I never been high on Kirkland... I just wish Angulo had the opportunity to dispose of Kirkland before anyone else did. I've been saying that Angulo would fuck Kirkland up for 3 years now!

Anyways, I think Lemieux will fight a couple of bums for the next two years and then work his way back into title contention and probably get KO'd again.
Kirkland will probably fall out of the sport and get arrested for robbing banks and shit. He's finished in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 11 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #4

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Kirkland was woeful. A hype machine if ever there was one. No chin AT ALL and he is done. Lemieux can work on his flaws and make a decent career out of the sport.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Apr 11 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #5

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

Kirkland's loss can be attributed more to circumstances than Lemieux's can. Kirkland was fresh out of the can, and really being rushed back into contention. Three fights in 4 weeks, after only being out a few months? He also was working with a new trainer let's not forget. It seems like not a lot of thought was being given to what they were doing with him, and they were just trying to get him ready as quickly as possible for a title shot. His people fucked up big time.

Lemieux on the other hand took a step up in class and failed. Not saying with some more seasoning he won't be able to beat the Rubio's of the world, but that loss seems quite a bit more telling to me.

I'm only going off the results, I didn't actually see either fight.

Anyway guys lose, it's not the end of the road necessarily for either of them.

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 11 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #6

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

Lemieux is right but both guys could but I see things differently than many I guess cause I question Kirkland's heart and true metal...I mean to me, ok you took a guy lightly but you been in the gym so you are in shape, so step back, re group and use your skills and heart to make up for it.

To me too often these guys wanna be flashy and a bunch bull that don't matter, they need to work on basics ala BHop not pretty ala RJJ! That is why is many of these euros are having better NBA careers in general, they are better rounded and work basics more when these pretty boys say I ain't doing that drill I'll look stupid doing that shit! Basics is your foundation and there are too many build off raw gifts...IMO it don't work that way cause when your gifts slip some, where are your basics? AND PETE'S SAKE HAVE SOME METAL!

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 11 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

i agree with both big slim and cane... they both make very valid points in their own rights... i mean at the end of the day they both got whacked out... a loss is a loss is a loss.. lol.. cane is right... these guys dont have the basic skills anymore, least most of them... and a lot of them dont have metal and honor for the craft anymore... slim is also correct... both fighters can come back... doesnt matter to me how a fighter loses, what matters is how do they respond to the loss 1 and 2 if they are willing to make the needed adjustments to progress with their career or do they stay idle and degress from the point where they are at?... both guys just loss so i for one wont make the call till i see them again vs the same caliber opponent that they lost to... you could say lemieux has a better future cuzz he lasted longer and was winning the fight when he lost compared to kirkland who got blasted out in less than a round.. or you could say lemieux got beaten by a guy that never really won his big fights while kirkland lost to a former and motivated ex champion... you could look at it in different ways and whos to say which opinion is closest to being right?.. i wont make an opinion till i see them again in the ring.. too many variables to make an opinion right now in my opinion... kirkland may shake it off and come back like he's not bothered and lemieux could have his confidence destroyed or vice versa or they could both be wrecked or they could both come back sronger than ever learning from their errors.... we dont know... lol..

+Quote Post
Maxy
post Apr 11 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #8

Born in England, Live in England, Die in England.

Member No.: 1,443

Kirklands loss was catastrophic for him. He got beaten in a round by a bum who can't punch for shit. Lemieux might be able to work on his flaws and learn from his defeat whereas James only showed fragility.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 11 2011, 04:18 PM
Post #9

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

maybe im missing something but what is you guys definition of a bum fighter?... maybe its just me but the word is being used an awful lot to describe fighters these days... lol..

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 11 2011, 04:37 PM
Post #10

Amateur

Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 11 2011, 04:18 PM) *
maybe im missing something but what is you guys definition of a bum fighter?... maybe its just me but the word is being used an awful lot to describe fighters these days... lol..

I hear you but here is an example bro, I am far from a pro and there is NO WAY that bum would have floored me and I am old as dirt! lol

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:21 AM