IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@8PM(ET)/5PM(PT)-Morales-Garcia II: SPOILERS, No Duplicate Threads, New Spoilers, or Public Streams
checkleft
post Oct 21 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #231

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 20 2012, 11:07 PM) *
I hope they make the rematch. I'll come back to this thread, copy and paste your comments when Khan beats up Garcia.

You can't teach chin, and its hard to teach patience and timing. Three things Khan does not have right now, I'm curious to see how he does with a better trainer (yea I said it).
QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 20 2012, 11:15 PM) *
Zab shoulda been on this card. Im not even a Zab fan but you cant talk brooklyn boxin without having Zab involved. O and Alexander/Bailey....shoot yourself.Cunningham popped all that shit and yall got in the ring and did the Waltz together.

Zab wasn't there by accident lol hes probably looking for a fight with Danny after the lamont thing went terrible. And as for Garcia I like his bobbing and weaving when they mentioned matthysse lol. A lot of opponents out there for Danny, and I'm giving the kid some props he may not be flashy but the comfort he shows in the ring no matter what the situation or opponent reminds me of marquez sort of.

But like I said he needs to stay away from Lucas if he likes his O
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Oct 21 2012, 05:35 AM
Post #232

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

finally up thanks to my slow ass connection

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Oct 21 2012, 07:50 AM
Post #233

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 21 2012, 12:43 AM) *
I doubt it, but it sounds good. Out of all the potential money out there, why settle for a guy with whom NO ONE would give a shot at winning. That spells NO MONEY.

Assuming the fight happens, it would most likely be at Floyd's comfort zone 147, but how does Garcia jump over all the top ranked contenders and champions in the division? By knocking out Khan? Cause it damn shore can't be for knocking out Morales.

I don't see the potential draw, and I don't even believe Garcia's fathers mouth is big enough to sell the fight.

But that's just my simpl opinion, let's see what Floyd does.

The same they settled for Ortiz after he looked well against Berto. That fight sold well even with Victor's performance against Maidana in the back of everyone's mind. Gracias win over Khan is more significant than Ortiz win over berto. This fight could be made. Imagine roger going back and forth with with Danny's dad on 24/7 and at the press conferences.

Erase pacquia and Martinez from the equation and tell me who else Floyd can fight besides Canelo? Golden will probably place Canelo against the trout/cotto winner

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 09:37 AM
Post #234

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Oct 21 2012, 01:51 AM) *
To be continued till tommorew Cshels, for now, I'll leave u with "if his next scrap isent up against a 147lbs. Credited Welterweight, then let us agree to disagree on this topic.

Man I need to lay off the booze. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I'm almost afraid to look at what I posted in this thread after the Quillin fight. Anyway, Im not even sure why I engaged in that discussion. I guess that we set ourselves up for disappointment when we start hopefully matching these guys up with the top names after a good fight. If anything, Danny needs to rest, because his schedule has been a bit rough as of late.

We can discuss this later, no biggie...I just dont want us to get our hopes up. As boxing fans, we usually get the shorter end of the stick anyway. Lol

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 21 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #235

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 21 2012, 04:04 AM) *
You can't teach chin, and its hard to teach patience and timing. Three things Khan does not have right now, I'm curious to see how he does with a better trainer (yea I said it).

Zab wasn't there by accident lol hes probably looking for a fight with Danny after the lamont thing went terrible. And as for Garcia I like his bobbing and weaving when they mentioned matthysse lol. A lot of opponents out there for Danny, and I'm giving the kid some props he may not be flashy but the comfort he shows in the ring no matter what the situation or opponent reminds me of marquez sort of.

But like I said he needs to stay away from Lucas if he likes his O

It' on an poppin'! You and Cshel will be eating crow if Garcia gives Khan a rematch.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 21 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #236

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 21 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Man I need to lay off the booze. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I'm almost afraid to look at what I posted in this thread after the Quillin fight. Anyway, Im not even sure why I engaged in that discussion. I guess that we set ourselves up for disappointment when we start hopefully matching these guys up with the top names after a good fight. If anything, Danny needs to rest, because his schedule has been a bit rough as of late.

We can discuss this later, no biggie...I just dont want us to get our hopes up. As boxing fans, we usually get the shorter end of the stick anyway. Lol

I say drink more. I'm hoping that Allmenjoi is quietly taking note of all your posts.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #237

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Alexander/Bailey: At this point, Cunningham needs an assistant trainer, to help work on some new weapons for Devon's arsenal. I'm not surprised at Devon's on-the-edge performance last night, he's always risky and keeps us on the edge of our seats.

Im not saying that in a good way either. Devon ALWAYS leaves himself open, and his game plans have been risky, and always leaves us wondering if he's gonna get knocked out. I like Devon and Cunningham, but it seems like something still hasn't clicked with this kid.

He fought a safe risky fight last night...if that makes sense. Those straight lefts to the body were supposed to set up head shots, but Devon leaned in and stayed too long (on more than a few occasions), and left himself open for Bailey's right hand. He did enough to score points, but not enough to keep himself out of harm's way.

Quillin/N'Dam: I think this fight stole the show. I would like to see more of N'Dam in the future! This is one of Quillin's best performances to date, he EARNED his title last night. We've been seeing waaay too many titles being given to fighters, especially when the title fight involves a tomato can who's supposed to lose.

N'Dam brought the best out of Quillin. He moved, jabbed (hard), and showed resolve in the worse times, and gave Kid Chocolate a fight til the very last bell, regardless of how many times he touched the canvas. Great fight and Im proud of Quillin!

Malignaggi/Cano: Not all that impressed with this bout, but Paulie jabbed his way to a victory. Speaking of his punches, shouldn't his hands be fine by now? Can't he work on power at this stage? Dude is in there with bigger guys with more power, so he's gonna need more than what he's been showing us.

He's looked vulnerable over the past year and a half. J. Cotto stunned him, Lora stunned him and almost dropped him, and Cano dropped him last night. Paulie's reflexes are getting a bit rusty, but he does have "learning how to ride a bike syndrome", so he'll get by just fine with his boxing.

Garcia/Morales: Glad this one ended quickly. I like Morales and he showed shades of his old self with the speed at which he started. He was just open for those shots last night. I have to go back and watch it though, since alcohol was in the driver's seat, which may have swayed my assessment a bit.

Garcia just has a nasty hook, and power in both hands. He should work just a bit more on his defense, because he gets hit a bit more than he needs to. One thing's for sure, if you're in an exchange with this motherfucker, you better learn how to duck.

I was a bit pissed at Morales, because he seemed salty about the stoppage. After all the shit he put us through over the past 72 hours, he gets knocked out anyway, then says that it's his last fight "in the U.S.". Really Erik? Thanks for what you've given the sport, and you've had a great career...now go and run amok in Mexico. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 21 2012, 12:14 PM
Post #238

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I missed the quillin and alexander fights unfortunately but i still got to see malignaggi v cano and the main event.

malignaggi has gotta use his feet more if he wants to stay behind his jab all night. he is fast still but that is about it. i don't think he can afford to keep getting hit in the pocket against dudes who can absorb his shots easily and throw harder ones back. didn't cano's eye cut in the morales fight?? it would be too bad if hes that young and already gonna have weak spots on his face opening up every fight.

the main event was dissapointing to me. it looked to me that morales was sleep walking through the ring. no disrespect to garcia, he looked composed and got the job done. certainly erased any doubt their 1st fight created. but i gotta hope morales is serious when he says he'll be done after one more fight. he looked slow and contemplative at best.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 21 2012, 12:30 PM
Post #239

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 21 2012, 10:43 AM) *
It' on an poppin'! You and Cshel will be eating crow if Garcia gives Khan a rematch.

Screw Khan! At least I'll stand firm on that. but I'm almost sure the rematch will happen if Khan whines enough and actually gets past his next opponent. Garcia has solidified his Morales victory with the rematch...something that Khan fails to give, rematches.

I cant stand this dude even more now. He claims that he was hit by a "lucky shot", but that same "lucky shot" put Morales's lights out last night. Khan and Ortiz are on the shit bus at the moment, and neither them have any room to make requests or demands.

If this rematch is signed, I'll gracefully bow out, give you guys props for calling it, and I'll reach for my ulcer medicine.

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Oct 21 2012, 10:47 AM) *
I say drink more. I'm hoping that Allmenjoi is quietly taking note of all your posts.

Of course she's taking notes, she's probably bumming our posts and posting them as her own somewhere else. Bum ass hoe. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Oct 21 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #240

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I went to sleep last night and accidentally found the results today:

Alexander-Baily was a bore snore, I had it 3-3-1 after 7 I think with Devon taking all rounds after that.

The Quillin-N'jakim fight was great! The French challenger got knocked down a whole bunch of times and kept coming. He even WON some rounds when he wasn't knocked down. But the officials had the fight farther apart than ringside commentary.

Went to bed around round 7 of Malinaggi-Cano. Heard one judge had it really wide against Paulie. Was that fair?

Jack

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 26 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 08:11 AM