IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> did PED'S do pac in???, i don't think so...
daprofessor
post Dec 17 2012, 01:32 PM
Post #61

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Franchize @ Dec 17 2012, 09:11 AM) *
It's definitely not just you. They preluded the replay of the fight with a whole bunch of steroid accusations. It's just sad. They are sore losers and they aren't even part of Pacquiao's camp...at least as far as I know lol. Marquez should absolutely seek legal action as his evidence of defamation was far more concrete than Pacquaio's vs Mayweather. Ever since the fight ended, the whole focus was onhow will Manny recover and is Marquez' victory tainted...as if he's been caught doing something. His test came back negative. He and Heredia welcomed blood testing without hesitation (unlike Manny) and he won the fight. HBO needs to stop taking the luster off this incredible moment in boxing history.

totally agree!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 17 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #62

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Yes sir. The intent was different this time. For both fighters. But most of the pressure was on Manny and thus his recklessness. Because Manny was the one who'd been exalted and therefore had more to prove. He was the one coming off of a lackluster performance and loss to Bradley. And truly, his aggression has always played into JMM's strengths. But aggression was also the only way he could try and get a clearl win.

I think if they had both been this aggressive in the 3rd fight, we could have seen the same outcome...or atleast knockdowns from one or both men.
[/quote]

Roach was talking Manny needed a KO... He went for it against a dangerous counter puncher and was laid to rest. Bad strategy that cost him and had him flat on his face. Pac was surprised at the power of a Marquez a bit more acclimated and obviously very well prepared.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 17 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 17 2012, 03:52 AM) *
is it me? or has merchant, lampley and hbo tried to paint juan manuel marquez a cheat with their allegations/strong insinuations?

and does anyone else find it funny/conspicuous that they are singing the praises of nonito donaire who is working side by side with a known cheat(victor conte) in the sport?

they were quick to throw peterson and berto(who worked with conte) under the bus with their positive test...but really offered no explanations.

they are quick to sing vada's praises but make no mention that victor conte is part of vada.

where was this criticism/speculation when pac was knocking out and beating much bigger fighters?

should JMM pursue legal action?

what they are doing is careless, sloppy and irresponsible and should be reeled in.

I'll drink to this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 17 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #64

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 17 2012, 08:39 PM) *
I'll drink to this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

(IMG:http://www.derekcooper.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/hennessy__0152.jpg)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 18 2012, 07:24 AM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

I always wondered, if past the sixth round Pac wasn't KOed or even seemed hurt by Marquez's right hand aside the KD, do you think Marquez would of changed tactic and started and outbox Pac? Or stuck to getting the KO?

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 18 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #66

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 18 2012, 07:24 AM) *
I always wondered, if past the sixth round Pac wasn't KOed or even seemed hurt by Marquez's right hand aside the KD, do you think Marquez would of changed tactic and started and outbox Pac? Or stuck to getting the KO?

he was turning the fight back to his favor...but it was obvious...he had no intention of winning by decision.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #67

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 17 2012, 08:56 PM) *

The weekend's come early!

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Dec 18 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #68

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

I noticed an increase in HENNESSY ADS immediately after Pac was Knocked out.. smart marketing LMAO capitalize off of THE FRESH DRAMA AND MISERY OF PACQUAIO BEING KTFO.. LMAO.. even all these weeks later.. Hennessy Ads big time. I cannot recall so many ads for this cognac prior to Manny getting KTFO

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Dec 18 2012, 03:17 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Dec 18 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #69

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Dec 18 2012, 03:17 PM) *
I noticed an increase in HENNESSY ADS immediately after Pac was Knocked out.. smart marketing LMAO capitalize off of THE FRESH DRAMA AND MISERY OF PACQUAIO BEING KTFO.. LMAO.. even all these weeks later.. Hennessy Ads big time. I cannot recall so many ads for this cognac prior to Manny getting KTFO

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i forgot he endorsed this product.

+Quote Post
BrutUalBK
post Dec 22 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #70

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,708

QUOTE (VJones @ Dec 13 2012, 08:42 PM) *
Thanks prof.

+1

There are a lot of things that my body could be pushed to do in my 20's that my latter 30's body can no longer manage. But there are also some new things that I can do that either my 20-something frame couldn't handle or that I was mentally ill-equipped for. In addition, a 30-something athlete can be physically diminished in some areas, but make up for it in their mental game. You cannot underestimate the power of will, belief, and intention. JMM was trying to knock MP out. Intent, matched with will, plus a heavy dose of underdog, is the most powerful drug I know. JMM has them in spades.

+1

Did you notice too that by the end of the 5th, PAC seemed already winded. I think the pace (that he set) was not one he could keep up. And 5 took a lot out of him. Despite Marquez having the 'broken' nose, Pac's corner was the one that seemed more anxious. By round 6, he slowed his pace and I think he was reverting to what he did with Bradley (try to win the last few seconds of each round). That's why for no really smart reason (with 10 sec left in the round), he got jumpy (overly-aggressive) and JMM capitalized.

I think the outcome would have been the same even if he escaped the 6th. Because by then, JMM had his timing down and was reading PAC effectively.

Yes sir. The intent was different this time. For both fighters. But most of the pressure was on Manny and thus his recklessness. Because Manny was the one who'd been exalted and therefore had more to prove. He was the one coming off of a lackluster performance and loss to Bradley. And truly, his agression has always played into JMM's strengths. But aggression was also the only way he could try and get a clearl win.

I think if they had both been this aggressive in the 3rd fight, we could have seen the same outcome...or atleast knockdowns from one or both men.

I totally agree with this post but the only thing that stands out to me is the "recklessness" that people are continually quoting here: for one Manny has never been a tactician in the ring, he doesn't know how to fight any other way other than to come forward. Manny has never been a fighter who can set traps and walk opponents into the openings that he wanted to exploit, he simply plows forward with reckless abandon no matter who he was fighting.

I always felt that JMM had won all 3 of their fights and that when I saw how seriously Juan was taking this fight with his training, strength conditioning regimen that he would definitely make it a more obvious win but I wasn't sure that he could KO Pac especially in that fashion but when he dropped him in the 3rd I know it was only a matter of time.

Pac made it interesting by turning up the heat in the 5th but it appeared that he had shot his last wad and as stated JMM was settling in a pinpointing his shots plus they were very hard shots he was landing, as much as I cannot stand Pac's fans I gotta admit that I felt bad for him seeing him on his face for so long.

Initially though when the KO moment happened I was glad that JMM had put an end to all the hype and killed the FMJr fight.

JMM vs FMJr2 fight anyone???

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 12:15 PM