Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boxers Mayweather has ducked, Boxers mayweather is scared to fight
jvo1800
post Sep 29 2010, 06:57 PM
Post #11

Junior Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,205

Personally i dont think Floyd ducked any of them honestly. First, he called out Shane years ago but that steroid thing came up and i think that kinda tarnished that situation a lil bit, second i think that Cotto fight woulda happened if he wouldnt have loss to Margarito but he started gettin his ass whooped after that fight too so that was a done deal, and third i dont think Margarito was big enough in the sport yet when they were talkin about Floyd fighting him so i think these are all situational issues not Floyd ducking anybody. People gotta realize that this isnt the 60's, 70's, and the 80's anymore Floyd is a business man first, then a boxer, if it doesnt make business sense first then Floyd aint gonna jump on it. Like he said b4 belts dont do nothin but collect dust when its all over with so he's tryna make sure that he is set financially for the rest of his life and make sure his kids have it easy growing up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 29 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Sep 30 2010, 09:57 AM) *
Personally i dont think Floyd ducked any of them honestly. First, he called out Shane years ago but that steroid thing came up and i think that kinda tarnished that situation a lil bit

No it didn't. First off, apparently the first time he called Mosley out was in 1999 when they were 2 divisions apart and Mosley was fighting DLH, the next time was when Mosley fought Vargas 2 times in 2006 and then said he is taking the year off to spend with family and get his teeth fixed. Mayweather challenged him after Mosley said this (no different to Mayweather saying he isn't fighting any more in 2010 and why the Pacquiao fight isn't happening, apparently) and Mosley said, at the start of 2007 and Mayweather said no. The steroid thing doesn't fit in the time frame and didn't tarnish anything.

second i think that Cotto fight woulda happened if he wouldnt have loss to Margarito but he started gettin his ass whooped after that fight too so that was a done deal

Why do you think that? Mayweather was 'retired' at the time Cotto and Margarito were fighting, and he came back to fight the big dangerous Marquez in his come back fight. Though never stopped him fighting Judah after him losing, so who knows.

and third i dont think Margarito was big enough in the sport yet when they were talkin about Floyd fighting him so i think these are all situational issues not Floyd ducking anybody.

He was going to get $8 million (biggest pay day to date) for fighting Margarito.

People gotta realize that this isnt the 60's, 70's, and the 80's anymore Floyd is a business man first, then a boxer, if it doesnt make business sense first then Floyd aint gonna jump on it.

Oscar who was a bigger business man than Floyd will ever be managed to fight, and give most boxing fans good match ups, fought just about everybody. Seeing the fights DLH took and him being the bigger businessman by a mile never stopped him did it. Oscar the bigger star than Mayweather managed to find a right balance.

Like he said b4 belts dont do nothin but collect dust when its all over with so he's tryna make sure that he is set financially for the rest of his life and make sure his kids have it easy growing up.

Nothing like making sure you are set financially for the future of yourself and kids like spending money on jewellery, cars, houses and then having reports on how he owes the IRS and has spent most of his money.

This post has been edited by Fitz: Sep 29 2010, 07:23 PM

+Quote Post
gravytrain
post Sep 29 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,970

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Sep 29 2010, 07:57 PM) *
Personally i dont think Floyd ducked any of them honestly. First, he called out Shane years ago but that steroid thing came up and i think that kinda tarnished that situation a lil bit, second i think that Cotto fight woulda happened if he wouldnt have loss to Margarito but he started gettin his ass whooped after that fight too so that was a done deal, and third i dont think Margarito was big enough in the sport yet when they were talkin about Floyd fighting him so i think these are all situational issues not Floyd ducking anybody. People gotta realize that this isnt the 60's, 70's, and the 80's anymore Floyd is a business man first, then a boxer, if it doesnt make business sense first then Floyd aint gonna jump on it. Like he said b4 belts dont do nothin but collect dust when its all over with so he's tryna make sure that he is set financially for the rest of his life and make sure his kids have it easy growing up.

Sugar Ray Robinson was a businessman, one of the best boxers/businessmen to ever grace the sport. And you know what? He fought LaMotta when everyone else was too scared to fight him and fought him numerous times because other fighters were so scared of those two they could only fight each other, he continued to be a great fighter after losing a step, and would fight anyone anytime.

You guys have got to have 47 chromosones if you think boxing became a business in the PPV era and everyone before then was just some fool fighting for peanuts.

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Sep 29 2010, 06:51 PM) *
i wouldnt say he ducked pwill.. in my opinion we as fight fans know pwill would give mayweather fits with his height and reach but nobody outside of us, the hardcore fans no pwill.... thats not the kind of fight he's gonna make... im sure if the pwill fight was worth 40 million to mayweather he'd have risked that zero a long time ago... truth is that may be worth for example, 10 million... we'd have a better chance at seeing may fight cotto in peurto rico for 30 million than pwill for 10... pwill is the better fight but he's not packing seats nor bringing the dollar signs...

It'd have been reasonable for them to have fought pre-DLH, I just think Mayweather and everyone else thought he was too high risk low reward. If he beat PWill I can guarantee no one would be doubting him though.

+Quote Post
jvo1800
post Sep 29 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #14

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 29 2010, 08:21 PM) *
No it didn't. First off, apparently the first time he called Mosley out was in 1999 when they were 2 divisions apart and Mosley was fighting DLH, the next time was when Mosley fought Vargas 2 times in 2006 and then said he is taking the year off to spend with family and get his teeth fixed. Mayweather challenged him after Mosley said this (no different to Mayweather saying he isn't fighting any more in 2010 and why the Pacquiao fight isn't happening, apparently) and Mosley said, at the start of 2007 and Mayweather said no. The steroid thing doesn't fit in the time frame and didn't tarnish anything.

Why do you think that? Mayweather was 'retired' at the time Cotto and Margarito were fighting, and he came back to fight the big dangerous Marquez in his come back fight. Though never stopped him fighting Judah after him losing, so who knows.

He was going to get $8 million (biggest pay day to date) for fighting Margarito.

Oscar who was a bigger business man than Floyd will ever be managed to fight, and give most boxing fans good match ups, fought just about everybody. Seeing the fights DLH took and him being the bigger businessman by a mile never stopped him did it. Oscar the bigger star than Mayweather managed to find a right balance.

Nothing like making sure you are set financially for the future of yourself and kids like spending money on jewellery, cars, houses and then having reports on how he owes the IRS and has spent most of his money.

Ok we can eliminate Shane cause he just got done whooping his ass and i dont wanna hear nothin about Shane was old cause he just beat Margarito and everybody thought that was the greatest thing in boxing. Regardless if he was retired or not that Cotto fight woulda happened if he wouldnt start gettin his ass whooped after Margarito beat him, so that wouldnt have made any sense to fight Cotto. Yea the Margarito fight was there but that wasnt on Floyd's radar at the time because Margarito really hadnt done shit to that point to get the attention of Floyd, plus Floyd was already makin $10 mil plus at that time so he woulda been going backwards. Lastly Oscar didnt have to promote himself or sell his image like Floyd did he has always been a mega star in the sport without having to do much of nothing and he was mexican/american so he had double the fan base. Oscar was gettin a big payday no matter who he fought and when he did fight the elite he got his his ass whooped (Bernard, Floyd, Shane twice, etc.) Yea Floyd buys jewelry, cars,etc. but earns it and can afford to do so and make sure his kids are good.

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Sep 29 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #15

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 3,047

I love PBF fans. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 29 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Sep 30 2010, 10:49 AM) *
Ok we can eliminate Shane cause he just got done whooping his ass and i dont wanna hear nothin about Shane was old cause he just beat Margarito and everybody thought that was the greatest thing in boxing.

Nope, we can eliminate Shane because you didn't know how to respond back to me.

Regardless if he was retired or not that Cotto fight woulda happened if he wouldnt start gettin his ass whooped after Margarito beat him, so that wouldnt have made any sense to fight Cotto.

And you know that how? Why did it make sense to fight Judah after he lost?

Yea the Margarito fight was there but that wasnt on Floyd's radar at the time because Margarito really hadnt done shit to that point to get the attention of Floyd, plus Floyd was already makin $10 mil plus at that time so he woulda been going backwards.

How was he making $10 million when I TOLD you it was his career high pay day at the time. He was offered that after Judah and he did not make $10 million fighting Judah, so he was going forward, lol.

Lastly Oscar didnt have to promote himself or sell his image like Floyd did he has always been a mega star in the sport without having to do much of nothing and he was mexican/american so he had double the fan base. Oscar was gettin a big payday no matter who he fought and when he did fight the elite he got his his ass whooped (Bernard, Floyd, Shane twice, etc.) Yea Floyd buys jewelry, cars,etc. but earns it and can afford to do so and make sure his kids are good.

What does that have to do with anything? Does it matter that DLH lost? We are arguing taking tough fights, not winning them. Don't change the subject. DLH was a bigger businessman and still found time to fight:
  • Whitaker
  • Mosley x2
  • Trinidad
  • Hopkins
  • Vargas
  • Mayweather
  • Quartey

Once again, we are arguing about 'ducking' fighters, not winning. Learn to read dude. I already said that he owed the IRS money and reports he had money problems, lol.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Sep 29 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #17

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 10,313

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 29 2010, 08:20 PM) *
You type relatively well, while gargling nutsac.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
jvo1800
post Sep 29 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #18

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 29 2010, 09:18 PM) *
Nope, we can eliminate Shane because you didn't know how to respond back to me.

And you know that how? Why did it make sense to fight Judah after he lost?

How was he making $10 million when I TOLD you it was his career high pay day at the time. He was offered that after Judah and he did not make $10 million fighting Judah, so he was going forward, lol.

What does that have to do with anything? Does it matter that DLH lost? We are arguing taking tough fights, not winning them. Don't change the subject. DLH was a bigger businessman and still found time to fight:
  • Whitaker
  • Mosley x2
  • Trinidad
  • Hopkins
  • Vargas
  • Mayweather
  • Quartey

Once again, we are arguing about 'ducking' fighters, not winning. Learn to read dude. I already said that he owed the IRS money and reports he had money problems, lol.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

regardless if the timing was off about the steroids with Shane, Floyd been called out Shane years ago, but he just beat his ass so thats irrelevant now anyway, and 8 mil was not his biggest payday then son do ur homework and stop watching espn. The Judah fight was just a more attractive fight regardless if he lost or not and the difference with Judah and Cotto was Judah only loss that one fight to Baldomir and Cotto was gettin his ass whooped back to back so it was pointless to fight him. I can actually read very well i just decided to add that extra stuff about DLH cause i wanted to. So at the end of the day who did Floyd duck???????????? He beat Shane/Cotto was shot after Margarito(pointless fight)/Margarito wasnt big enough attraction.

+Quote Post
jvo1800
post Sep 29 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #19

Junior Flyweight

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Sep 29 2010, 09:20 PM) *
You type relatively well, while gargling nutsac.

that was lame as hell, get some new jokes RETARD

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Sep 29 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #20

Guests

QUOTE (jvo1800 @ Sep 30 2010, 12:22 PM) *
8 mil was not his biggest payday then son do ur homework and stop watching espn.

April 25 2006

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=2420382

Pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. rejected promoter Bob Arum's $8 million offer to fight welterweight titlist Antonio Margarito, and he instead exercised a provision in his contract to buy Arum out and become a promotional free agent, Arum told ESPN.com on Monday.

On that date, these were Mayweather's opponents to date.

Zab Judah
Sharmba Mitchell
Arturo Gatti
Henry Bruseles
DeMarcus Corley
Phillip N'dou
Victoriano Sosa
Jose Luis Castillo
Jose Luis Castillo

Which one of those fights did he make $10 million?

Game, Set and Match Fitz.

Now don't you ever talk to me about boxing ever again.

This post has been edited by Fitz: Sep 29 2010, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:43 AM