IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> p.e.d's and such..., are they really a problem?
daprofessor
post Oct 23 2012, 03:33 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 23 2012, 03:06 PM) *
I think Morales gets a pass because he's old, warn, and irrelevant at this point in his career. Maybe they should allow you take diuretics after a certain time and age in the sport. Diurectics really aren't really going to give you an advantage over your opponent in this situation, especially if you're taking them in a 3 - 4 month training camp. Maybe you'll go a few extra rounds. Morales would have had to be on test/anadrol stack to stay in that fight. Nothing was going to save him at this point in his career. I would think in some cases, it's probably worse for you.

I just heard that Holyfield might unretire. He should get a 10cc handicap or something....haha....

Maybe boxing should do what they do with bodybuilding. Have an all natural league. Let the not-so-natural fight the all natural in the end and see who wins.

Probably end up with the same drama....Pac vs. Mayweather...haha

diuretics do more harm to the fighter taking them than anyone.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) @ the 10cc handicap.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Oct 23 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #22

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

i thought salido was caught with recreation drugs? there is a huge difference between p.e.d.s and something used to cut weight. if you cut too much weight, you will not be effective in the fight. especially clenbuterol. that shit will not enhance your perfomance, it will damage you. i took it for a while to lose weight and i was so jittery and felt so bad @ the lowest dose that i stopped after 2 weeks. you are your strongest the more water and salt and potassium you have in body so when you go losing it all and you don't rehydrate correctly, you will not have nothing come fight night.

Also depending on the steriod, it could have a negative effect come fight night. The only steroid imo that would help a boxer is test. i went from running a mile struggling to running 5 miles all on a 6 week cycle of 400mg a week. i am not a runner but with the test i had so much more red blood cells that it was a breeze to run. this is why its the drug of choice for cyclist, mma'ers and most others.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 23 2012, 06:13 PM
Post #23

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 23 2012, 04:33 PM) *
diuretics do more harm to the fighter taking them than anyone.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) @ the 10cc handicap.

To this point, the truest post in this thread. Furthermore, Floyd on PEDs isn't a guarantee he would've walked through Cotto in 3-4 rounds. IMO, the most important factor in gauging what type of advantage one has w/ PEDs, is WHICH PED one is taking. Like people, all PEDs aren't created equal.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 23 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 23 2012, 07:13 PM) *
To this point, the truest post in this thread. Furthermore, Floyd on PEDs isn't a guarantee he would've walked through Cotto in 3-4 rounds. IMO, the most important factor in gauging what type of advantage one has w/ PEDs, is WHICH PED one is taking. Like people, all PEDs aren't created equal.

agreed... flazi makes that point in the post before yours.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 23 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #25

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 23 2012, 10:04 PM) *
agreed... flazi makes that point in the post before yours.

Actually, he referenced steroids (or did I read that wrong?) and I outlined PEDs, as they're not automatically synonymous nor interchangeable.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Oct 24 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think people think something automatically negative when they hear the word steroid. I have a skin condition that I used to take a steroid for. I don't think it meant I could knock a pussy out because I rubbed some cream on my skin lol. If anything it helped me get mroe pussy. That was a nice little marketing ploy in the bedroom for me when I was single. "Ma, I'm not tryna be rude but I have a non contagious skin condition. Can you rub this cream on my back?" Next thing you know.... head meet headboard! lol

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 24 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 23 2012, 09:43 PM) *
Actually, he referenced steroids (or did I read that wrong?) and I outlined PEDs, as they're not automatically synonymous nor interchangeable.

flazi: The only steroid imo that would help a boxer is test. i went from running a mile struggling to running 5 miles all on a 6 week cycle of 400mg a week. i am not a runner but with the test i had so much more red blood cells that it was a breeze to run. this is why its the drug of choice for cyclist, mma'ers and most others.

i'm guessing that is an abbreviation for testosterone...or TRT.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 24 2012, 02:03 PM
Post #28

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 24 2012, 12:25 PM) *
I think people think something automatically negative when they hear the word steroid. I have a skin condition that I used to take a steroid for. I don't think it meant I could knock a pussy out because I rubbed some cream on my skin lol. If anything it helped me get mroe pussy. That was a nice little marketing ploy in the bedroom for me when I was single. "Ma, I'm not tryna be rude but I have a non contagious skin condition. Can you rub this cream on my back?" Next thing you know.... head meet headboard! lol

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
flazi
post Oct 24 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #29

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

yes test means testosterone in all its esters, enanthate, propionate, cypionate etc. your stamina will improve regardless. even on a clinical low dose. that being said there are guys who do need TRT. if your body isn't producing enough and there is something wrong with your hpta axis then you need it, boxer or mma or regular joe. with low test you would not want to get out of bed in the morning.

LOL @ head meet headboard.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 24 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Oct 24 2012, 01:25 PM) *

Yet, another classic Franchize post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 04:24 AM