> CSAC reduces Sonnenís Suspension.
Warlord
post Dec 3 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CSAC-Halv...ntinuance-28529

This article doesn't go into specifics, so you'll have to find a video of the hearing online somewhere if you want the details. In case you don't feel like searching for it, I'll give a brief summary of the Sonnen situation below.

Chael was diagnosed with Hypogonadism in 2008 and began testosterone replacement therapy to treat this condition.

Chael has notified proper commissions and persons about said treatment since 2008 and has documentation, including CSAC.

Chael's treatment has never come under questioning since 2008.

Chael did not disclose treatment prior to the Silva fight, assuming it was a documented "non-issue."

A third party testing agency was brought in for the Silva fight, who in turn noticed higher than normal levels of a "natural steroid" (whatever the fuck that is) in Sonnen.

The third party agency notified the CSAC about the results, who in turn took action against Sonnen.

The CSAC realized that while Sonnen failed to specify treatment prior to the Silva fight, documentation exists that Sonnen has been diagnosed and treated for hypergonadism since 2008, and has been documented with the proper authorities since 2008.

The CSAC, as usual, fails to admit any mistake on their part, but do elect to shorten Sonnen's suspension to 3 months (in addition to the 3 months already served) and fined him for not submitting the proper documentation (that he'd already submitted multiple times in the past!)

Chael will be back in 3 months. Hopefully fighting the winner of Silva/Belfort.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Dec 3 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #2

Junior Middleweight

The report that Sonnen tested for abnormally high levels of testosterone were also inaccurate. His testosterone levels have actually been lower than average, according to tests.

Sonnen's blood work was flagged because it contained synthetic testosterone (testosterone not produced by the human body), not because his levels were high.

As stated previously, Sonnen submitted the proper documentation in his previous fights, and failed to do so in the Anderson Silva fight because he thought it would not be necessary to do so again.

The CSAC fined him for failing to submit the proper documentation, and reduced his sentence to 3 months.

Again, hope he gets the winner of Silva/Belfort.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Dec 3 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #3

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 195

alot of people who called him a cheater and used that as an excuse for his domination of silva can now eat crow.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Dec 3 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #4

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 3 2010, 03:51 AM) *
alot of people who called him a cheater and used that as an excuse for his domination of silva can now eat crow.

Won't happen. I've heard the Silva nuthuggers go so far as to claim that Silva intentionally lost all 4 rounds and most of the 5th because he wanted to pull off the come-from-behind victory to punish Sonnen for his "insult" to the Nogueira brothers.

I doubt now any of them come off the old "A roided up Sonnen couldn't even beat an injured Silva, hahahaha" argument I've been hearing.

Either way, it's what I was trying to say in the beginning. Sonnen had to have had a legit excuse for Dana White to come out and support him, when he had not supported so many other fighters in the past when they tested hot for roids.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Dec 3 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

i keep waiting for kidbazooka to pull silvas root out of his jaw long enough to comment on it

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Dec 4 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

Sounds good to me that just means Anderson gets to take his ass out again.

Can't really say anything except i hope the rematch happens after Silva takes care of Vitor so he can beat that loud mouth POS AGAIN but hopefully this time he'll knock him the f*ck out brutaly in typical Anderson Silva fashion. Actually i hope Anderson stops him with that standing elbow he landed on Fryklund that sh*t would be awesome hell he almost came close in the 4th rd when he dropped Sonnen with that standing side ways elbow.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Dec 4 2010, 03:25 AM
Post #7

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Dec 4 2010, 03:55 AM) *
Sounds good to me that just means Anderson gets to take his ass out again.

Can't really say anything except i hope the rematch happens after Silva takes care of Vitor so he can beat that loud mouth POS AGAIN but hopefully this time he'll knock him the f*ck out brutaly in typical Anderson Silva fashion. Actually i hope Anderson stops him with that standing elbow he landed on Fryklund that sh*t would be awesome hell he almost came close in the 4th rd when he dropped Sonnen with that standing side ways elbow.

I actually think Silva wins the rematch, and probably wins by stoppage. But it doesn't change the fact that Silva is an over-rated, over-hyped fighter who was lucky to escape his first encounter with Sonnen with a victory.

Sonnen rocked Anderson in their first exchange and could've finished him if he'd pressed at all. He respected Anderson too much though, and let him off the hook. Aside from that, Chael dominated every minute of every round right up until the moment Anderson pulled the miracle win out of his homosexual ass.

The fact that Anderson got himself throughly dominated by a fighter with 10 losses and had to depend on a last second miracles to attain victory is not a testament to his greatness. It is, in fact, a testament to the fact that Silva is one of the most over-hyped, over-rated fighters in Mixed Martial Arts history. He's a good fighter who is a product of the UFC hype machine, the same way Brock Lesnar was.

It's a shame that so many otherwise intelligent fans have succumbed to this UFC myth, whilst true greats like Fedor Emelianenko continue to get shit on by the casual fan simply because he has never fought for Dana fucking White.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Dec 4 2010, 03:44 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2010, 03:25 AM) *
I actually think Silva wins the rematch, and probably wins by stoppage. But it doesn't change the fact that Silva is an over-rated, over-hyped fighter who was lucky to escape his first encounter with Sonnen with a victory.

Sonnen rocked Anderson in their first exchange and could've finished him if he'd pressed at all. He respected Anderson too much though, and let him off the hook. Aside from that, Chael dominated every minute of every round right up until the moment Anderson pulled the miracle win out of his homosexual ass.

The fact that Anderson got himself throughly dominated by a fighter with 10 losses and had to depend on a last second miracles to attain victory is not a testament to his greatness. It is, in fact, a testament to the fact that Silva is one of the most over-hyped, over-rated fighters in Mixed Martial Arts history. He's a good fighter who is a product of the UFC hype machine, the same way Brock Lesnar was.

It's a shame that so many otherwise intelligent fans have succumbed to this UFC myth, whilst true greats like Fedor Emelianenko continue to get shit on by the casual fan simply because he has never fought for Dana fucking White.

C'mon bro lets be real there is no f*cking way you can compare Lesnars ass to someone like Silva.

As for Fedor haven't heard anything about him since he got that ass subbed within a mintue by a C level fighter. Hahahahahaha that sh*t was hilariouse.

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Dec 4 2010, 10:13 AM
Post #9

Welterweight

doesnt matter if you like the compairison with Lesner or not, their path is similar. While Silva does have a more impressive record, he is just as overhyped as lesner was. Silva is top 10 all time though, just not the best.

That being said, I also look for silva to actually win the rematch, a fighter on sonnens level shouldnt be fighting silva in the first place, much less dominating him.

+Quote Post
AussieLad
post Dec 4 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #10

Middleweight

Member No.: 603

I have my doubts that Silva will get past Vitor. The guy is a hammer fisted, machine gun combination throwin, speedy mother fucker. And he seems to have settled down and not rushing his striking anymore.

As for chael, technically he should have submitted the paper work. Sucks that he has to go through this nonsense, but shit happens. I honestly dont think Anderson will beat Chael in a rematch. Its a case of chael not having to change a thing about his gameplan, apart from being wary of the triangle once he has silva down. Silva on the other hand needs to change his game entirely to stop getting mauled. I dont think he can deal with the wrestling and no fear attitude sonnen brings to the table

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 04:36 AM