> Mayweather: 30 Months Left
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,750

Who is he gonna FIGHT?

Floyd keeps saying in All Access that he's going to do 30 months and he has a plan. So I guess October 2015 he is going to hang up his gloves. Thats 5 fights going on his two fights a year model. Maybe 6 fights max.

Now I'm thinking...whats he thinking...what are his options after Guerrero?

This fall I think its between Canelo, Alexander and Brook...maybe even the Peterson/Matthysse winner to get this P4P rating stronger. Its likely Mayweather may chase the money and go for Canelo as theres a lot of talk going on now and its best to catch Canelo when his skills are raw.

Then next May I'm thinking its the Bradley/JMM winner.

Then that fall another chance probably to go for Canelo. There could be a Canelo vs Sergio fight earlier in the year and that will lead to Mayweather's next one.

After that I got no idea but he has to see JMM, Bradley, Sergio, Pacquiao (???) and Canelo before he goes.

This post has been edited by Amandla: Apr 21 2013, 08:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 21 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Amandla @ Apr 21 2013, 04:49 PM) *
Who is he gonna FIGHT?

Floyd keeps saying in All Access that he's going to do 30 months and he has a plan. So I guess October 2015 he is going to hang up his gloves. Thats 5 fights going on his two fights a year model. Maybe 6 fights max.

Now I'm thinking...whats he thinking...what are his options after Guerrero?

This fall I think its between Canelo, Alexander and Brook...maybe even the Peterson/Matthysse winner to get this P4P rating stronger. Its likely Mayweather may chase the money and go for Canelo as theres a lot of talk going on now and its best to catch Canelo when his skills are raw.

Then next May I'm thinking its the Bradley/JMM winner.

Then that fall another chance probably to go for Canelo. There could be a Canelo vs Sergio fight earlier in the year and that will lead to Mayweather's next one.

After that I got no idea but he has to see JMM, Bradley, Sergio, Pacquiao (???) and Canelo before he goes.

Top Rank fighters not happening and I doubt Golden Boy wants to pay Bradley for his services.

Just for the record I have not started any Mayweather Threads as promised.

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 21 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 21 2013, 08:45 PM) *
Top Rank fighters not happening and I doubt Golden Boy wants to pay Bradley for his services.

Just for the record I have not started any Mayweather Threads as promised.

Bob Arum had totally slipped my mind this weekend. Now I remember why I only dip in and out of boxing in the USA.

This post has been edited by Amandla: Apr 21 2013, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Apr 21 2013, 09:03 PM
Post #4

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

I think hes fighting Canelo. Canelo did say they agreed on the terms. Floyd just didnt sign garunteeing Canelo the fight. And Floyd did come out and say hes fighting in Sept. So its going to be hard to negotiate terms with other fighters in time. So I see Canelo as the 1st option.

As far as the rest of the 30 month deal goes the 140lb division is stacked. In a year or two those fighters will be looking to move up. So the future looks bright for Floyd.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Apr 21 2013, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 21 2013, 11:41 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I was hoping that Alexander/Brook actually happened, because I had Brook possibly winning that fight. Though Alexander has sparred better comp than Brook's ever faced, I just saw Alexander letting that fight slip away from him.

Had it gone that way, then I could've seen a Mayweather/Brook fight in December...we all know that Brook could've easily slipped in a fight by late July, and been ready for December after it was announced in late August or sometime in Sept.

Instead, Brook and Alexander couldn't stop being clutz long enough to make it to the first bell, so that possibility is out of the window. I'm not sure who Mayweather fights over the next 30 months, IF he fights 6 times. I think Canelo will fight Cotto this fall, so I can see him and Floyd fighting next May.

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post Apr 21 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

My wish list would be the following, though I realize that most of these are longshots at best:

Fall 2013: GGG at 154
Spring 2014: Canelo at 154
Fall 2014: Martinez at 154
Spring 2015: Pac at 147
Fall 2015: Broner at 147

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 22 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I can't believe there is literally a thread looking past Robert guerrero lol. If Floyd isn't looking past him and seems to be training harder than I've ever seen should we be looking past him? I mean I think Floyd can beat him but guys, this is boxing! One punch changes lives

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Apr 22 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #8

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I wouldn't be surprised if that list that was supposedly handed to Showtime of 6 possible opponents goes through. We'll just have to wait and see, for now I'm just looking forward to a good fight on May 4th

+Quote Post
Amandla
post Apr 22 2013, 03:27 AM
Post #9

Flyweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Apr 22 2013, 12:36 AM) *
I can't believe there is literally a thread looking past Robert guerrero lol. If Floyd isn't looking past him and seems to be training harder than I've ever seen should we be looking past him? I mean I think Floyd can beat him but guys, this is boxing! One punch changes lives

Hey its Floyd Mayweather...whatever the result he's gonna have big fights coming and he's gonna be all over our screens. I give the Ghost a SHOT, mainly because of his attitude. He is one of the few men who sincerely seem to be in the right place mentally when they are facing Mayweather.

But I don't think he's got more than a shot...its gonna be a good fight though will go the distance I think.

This post has been edited by Amandla: Apr 22 2013, 03:28 AM

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Apr 25 2013, 05:56 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Apr 21 2013, 11:58 PM) *
My wish list would be the following, though I realize that most of these are longshots at best:

Fall 2013: GGG at 154
Spring 2014: Canelo at 154
Fall 2014: Martinez at 154
Spring 2015: Pac at 147
Fall 2015: Broner at 147

U really think hes gonna fight 5 times? Especially if he takes a loss?

Then, you think he will finish his career with Broner?

doubtful to say the least.

But other than that good list

This post has been edited by BoxingStill#1: Apr 25 2013, 05:57 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 11:05 AM