IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lucas Matthysse: If/when he beats Danny Garcia?
bnoles4life
post May 19 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 19 2013, 07:06 AM) *
RG's father started that bullshit with saying that LE looks scared. The money response was actually quite spot on and funny. The whole locker room scene was hilarious imo.

Anyways, for some reason, same as C'shel, I am not sold on Matthysse no matter who he fights and in what style he wins a fight. He is a good fighter and all and that's ok but i can't see him getting bigger. However, I would not rank him at any particular place but I think he is in TOP 15 P4P...... although I don't really give a damn about P4P.

Hilarious...he was like, "Are you kidding me? I'm a 7 figure dude...I'm making more than your son is making..." Did you see Robert look over at him? Moreover, Reuben didn't say dick afterwards...the first time he was silenced.

Lastly, i know we've addressed this, but the Guerrero clan looked stupid (all except the guy who went to witness Floyd's hand wraps) w/ all that "I thought you were gonna go toe to toe" BS. I mean, that's just stupid. How did your son's/husband's face get like that, solely off of running and holding?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jovi
post May 19 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 19 2013, 12:39 PM) *
Agreed, although can Broners chin hold up for 12 rounds would be the gamble. Broner likes to punch it out but he has shown some defensive techniques that can help save him from taking punishment or getting KO'd.
I dont see no one at 140 beating him, he forces exchange by either switching his fighting hand (he's right handed but dropped and stopped Lamont with all left hooks) , put on non stop pressure, his power seems to have a build up or concussive effect, has a great chin, and he isn't gun shy. Whoever boxes for 12 rounds will have to deal with his power at some point it all depends on their durability.

That's exactly why whoever beats Matthysse has to be GREAT. Being good against Matthysse gonna get you knocked on your ass. I'm not really sure IF Broner can do it, but if he could then all the questions about him would be answered. If not then All hail Matthysse, i know Mayweather aint going to 140 to fight him.

This post has been edited by Jovi: May 19 2013, 02:53 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 19 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Matthyse is a force to be reckoned with no matter who he fights, Danny has a chance at beating him, I'm not going to fall in love with Matthyse just because he's KO'ing people. It's actually a pick'em fight to me because on one hand you have Matthyse who can end the bout with either hand and he will keep coming forward until he the final bell but Danny is a winner. He kinda reminds me of Joe Montana in the sense that neither have one aspect of their game where you can point out and say their elite at. Montana wasn't really athletic, he didn't have the best arm but give him 40 secs and 1 timeout and he's going to win the game

Same thing with Danny, he doesn't have the best footwork and physically he's not as gifted as some but he always finds a way to win. I disagree with those who think Matthyse is going to go in there and just get at Danny, it's going to be a good fight if and when it takes place and who ever wins has quite a lot to look forward to

+Quote Post
Col Reb
post May 19 2013, 09:37 PM
Post #14

Lightweight

Member No.: 2,564

If Matthysse destroys Garcia, does that put him in line for Floyd if he goes to 147? That's the elephant in this thread.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post May 20 2013, 12:18 AM
Post #15

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Col Reb @ May 19 2013, 10:37 PM) *
If Matthysse destroys Garcia, does that put him in line for Floyd if he goes to 147? That's the elephant in this thread.

I think it merits that he deserves a shot at Floyd, I mean why not? Floyds true weight is 140 anyways. Lucas would have wins IMO Alexander, Judah, Chop Chop, Soto, Ajose, Peterson, and Garcia. His resume would be better than most opponents that Floyd has fought resume. Not only that but how he won is what matters too. A KO is the most definite clear win, next to a unaninmous decision. He beat down, dropped constantly, and stopped a very very durable, usually gives most fighters hell, and still good gatekeeper veteran in Corley. He lost two close decision/split losses that I believe he should have won.(Although Judah fight could've gone the other way too). And the list keeps piling up,his resume alone at that point and his performances in his wins is what gets him in line.

Floyd UD's him, Mayweather has a very underrated chin, almost parallel to Lucas' own underrated ability to box since its overshadowed by his power; as with Floyd doesn't get hit cleanly often on the chin but has shown to take some good punches.
It would be an interesting fight because Matthysse's power will be the wildcard and his ability to box. No way he outboxes Floyd but if he hits cleanly his power has the effect to change the entire fight. Mayweathers defense vs Matthysses offensive arsenal.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post May 20 2013, 05:54 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (mrchitown @ May 19 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Matthyse is a force to be reckoned with no matter who he fights, Danny has a chance at beating him, I'm not going to fall in love with Matthyse just because he's KO'ing people. It's actually a pick'em fight to me because on one hand you have Matthyse who can end the bout with either hand and he will keep coming forward until he the final bell but Danny is a winner. He kinda reminds me of Joe Montana in the sense that neither have one aspect of their game where you can point out and say their elite at. Montana wasn't really athletic, he didn't have the best arm but give him 40 secs and 1 timeout and he's going to win the game

Same thing with Danny, he doesn't have the best footwork and physically he's not as gifted as some but he always finds a way to win. I disagree with those who think Matthyse is going to go in there and just get at Danny, it's going to be a good fight if and when it takes place and who ever wins has quite a lot to look forward to

I agree. Matthysse is pretty good. I like Kotelnik a lot better skillwise. This just tells me thatthose boys from Argentina can fight. They must have a pretty good amateur program.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #17

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ May 20 2013, 12:18 AM) *
I think it merits that he deserves a shot at Floyd, I mean why not? Floyds true weight is 140 anyways. Lucas would have wins IMO Alexander, Judah, Chop Chop, Soto, Ajose, Peterson, and Garcia. His resume would be better than most opponents that Floyd has fought resume. Not only that but how he won is what matters too. A KO is the most definite clear win, next to a unaninmous decision. He beat down, dropped constantly, and stopped a very very durable, usually gives most fighters hell, and still good gatekeeper veteran in Corley. He lost two close decision/split losses that I believe he should have won.(Although Judah fight could've gone the other way too). And the list keeps piling up,his resume alone at that point and his performances in his wins is what gets him in line.

Floyd UD's him, Mayweather has a very underrated chin, almost parallel to Lucas' own underrated ability to box since its overshadowed by his power; as with Floyd doesn't get hit cleanly often on the chin but has shown to take some good punches.
It would be an interesting fight because Matthysse's power will be the wildcard and his ability to box. No way he outboxes Floyd but if he hits cleanly his power has the effect to change the entire fight. Mayweathers defense vs Matthysses offensive arsenal.

Would be the deciding factor in a fight between the two because both are very exceptional in those areas but I also agree that Mayweather takes him on points, BUT it will be interesting until the final bell due to Matthsye's punching power

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 20 2013, 07:42 AM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ May 20 2013, 05:54 AM) *
I agree. Matthysse is pretty good. I like Kotelnik a lot better skillwise. This just tells me thatthose boys from Argentina can fight. They must have a pretty good amateur program.

What ever happen to Kotelnik? I haven't heard much of him lately.....Argentina boxing is on the rise, they got some great fighters coming out of there

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post May 20 2013, 08:30 AM
Post #19

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (Jovi @ May 19 2013, 03:51 PM) *
That's exactly why whoever beats Matthysse has to be GREAT. Being good against Matthysse gonna get you knocked on your ass. I'm not really sure IF Broner can do it, but if he could then all the questions about him would be answered. If not then All hail Matthysse, i know Mayweather aint going to 140 to fight him.

??? GREAT. Judah beat him. Man.. amazing how a KO gets people all worked up. Anyone who beats him has to be great LMAO-- that is going a bit too far..

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 20 2013, 08:37 AM
Post #20

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (neophyte7 @ May 20 2013, 09:30 AM) *
??? GREAT. Judah beat him. Man.. amazing how a KO gets people all worked up. Anyone who beats him has to be great LMAO-- that is going a bit too far..

WAY too far lol. I mean regardless of any opinions on the decisions, he's loss before vs guys who aren't great.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 12:05 AM