Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Going to my first pro boxing fight! Pascal vs. Hopkins II
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 9 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,263

So i'll be travelling to Montreal in May and although I haven't bought my tix as of yet, I expect to be attending the Pascal vs BHop rematch and it'll be my first live boxing event!

Being a big fan of the sport, i'm pretty damn excited to be going and mayb even a little bit nervous lol. With that being said, i kinda wanna hear from u guys about what it's like attending a fight and some of the best fights you've attended? How early should I arrive? Is anyone else on fighthype planning on going? How drunk should I get lol

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Apr 9 2011, 05:47 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Apr 9 2011, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

Sounds good. I saw BHOP live when he mauled Keith Holmes in the middleweight tournament prior to him thrashing Felix Trinidad

+Quote Post
caneman
post Apr 9 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 1,310

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 05:17 AM) *
So i'll be travelling to Montreal in May and although I haven't bought my tix as of yet, I expect to be attending the Pascal vs BHop rematch and it'll be my first live boxing event!

Being a big fan of the sport, i'm pretty damn excited to be going and mayb even a little bit nervous lol. With that being said, i kinda wanna hear from u guys about what it's like attending a fight and some of the best fights you've attended? How early should I arrive? Is anyone else on fighthype planning on going? How drunk should I get lol

Hurry and buy your tickets and enjoy yourself!

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Apr 9 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #4

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

Depends on where you're sitting. From my limited experience (Mayweather vs Mitchell/Morales vs Pacquiao II), I didn't really go to "see" the fight, but to be at the fights. Let's be real. You'd get a better view watching it from home, but being in the stands, you can literally feel the energy in the crowd and that's an experience worth having in and of itself.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 9 2011, 11:52 AM
Post #5

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 05:17 AM) *

the electricity in my opinion is like no other event ive ever been to and ive been to baseball and foot ball games and even concerts... i love the crowds as well cuzz no matter what walk of life you are coming from you are mixing and mingling with a little of every body and you see some crazy things going on... last fight i went to was pac clottey and they where picking up prostitutes left and right (arresting)... i was like damn.. lol... and the women... oh my you will see some women chopped to death at the fights... truly dressed to kill... its just cool in my opinion to be around the different ethnicities... seems like i make new friends every time i go to the fights... lol.. and the different fighters and personalities that you bump shoulders with is cool too... i cant name all the fighters and boxing people ive met from going to even the small cards... its a great experience mexi.. you never forget your first fight card...

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Apr 9 2011, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 03:17 AM) *

Congratulations, that is awesome. You are going to have a great time. There is nothing like going to the fights. The atmosphere and the energy is amazing. It should be a pack arena there in Montreal, since Canadians fill the seats. For your sake you better hope Pascal has a great night as it will pump up the crowd much more.

The first fight I ever went to was the all-time classic Bobby Chacon vs Bazooka Limon. It was at the historic Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento which packed in about 5,000 crazy fans. It was a crazy atmosphere and my pops took me for my 16th birthday. Everyone there was going wild throughout the whole fight. Chacon and Limon put on a performance of a lifetime as they went back forth the whole fight. That was the fight that made me love boxing so much.

Mexicutioner eat lots of food have lots of beers and enjoy a great night. Just don't drink so much where you become sloppy, you still want to be coherent enough to enjoy the fight.

+Quote Post
JLUVBABY
post Apr 9 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 4,447

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 9 2011, 11:43 AM) *
Depends on where you're sitting. From my limited experience (Mayweather vs Mitchell/Morales vs Pacquiao II), I didn't really go to "see" the fight, but to be at the fights. Let's be real. You'd get a better view watching it from home, but being in the stands, you can literally feel the energy in the crowd and that's an experience worth having in and of itself.

thats a good point snoop... ive had some pretty good seats at a few of the fights ive been too and truth is none of them beat the view of the television... but the experience of beingatthe fight can not ever be matched by a television screen....

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 9 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 9 2011, 09:43 AM) *

I'm sitting balcony lower level, 4th row I believe. It's pretty far back i'd say, but most of the tix were going for $100+ and being a student on a strict travel budget, i didn't wanna spend too much on a ticket, especially since I had to buy my gf's ticket as well and roundtrip flight to montreal from vancouver is $700+ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/threaten.gif) TBH though I probably will end up watching most of the fight from the jumbotron, but simply being at the arena for my first live card in an expected capacity crowd is definitely what i'm truly looking forward to!

QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Apr 9 2011, 09:52 AM) *
the electricity in my opinion is like no other event ive ever been to and ive been to baseball and foot ball games and even concerts... i love the crowds as well cuzz no matter what walk of life you are coming from you are mixing and mingling with a little of every body and you see some crazy things going on... last fight i went to was pac clottey and they where picking up prostitutes left and right (arresting)... i was like damn.. lol... and the women... oh my you will see some women chopped to death at the fights... truly dressed to kill... its just cool in my opinion to be around the different ethnicities... seems like i make new friends every time i go to the fights... lol.. and the different fighters and personalities that you bump shoulders with is cool too... i cant name all the fighters and boxing people ive met from going to even the small cards... its a great experience mexi.. you never forget your first fight card...

hahaha that sounds crazy Jluv, Montreal is a crazy party city too so I expect to see some crazy shit going down in and out of the arena lol. I definitely can't wait and i'll probably be posting pics from the event once I get back from my trip.

QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Apr 9 2011, 01:50 PM) *
Congratulations, that is awesome. You are going to have a great time. There is nothing like going to the fights. The atmosphere and the energy is amazing. It should be a pack arena there in Montreal, since Canadians fill the seats. For your sake you better hope Pascal has a great night as it will pump up the crowd much more.

The first fight I ever went to was the all-time classic Bobby Chacon vs Bazooka Limon. It was at the historic Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento which packed in about 5,000 crazy fans. It was a crazy atmosphere and my pops took me for my 16th birthday. Everyone there was going wild throughout the whole fight. Chacon and Limon put on a performance of a lifetime as they went back forth the whole fight. That was the fight that made me love boxing so much.

Mexicutioner eat lots of food have lots of beers and enjoy a great night. Just don't drink so much where you become sloppy, you still want to be coherent enough to enjoy the fight.

THanks, and yes i'm definitely looking forward to the atmosphere and just being at my first live fight. Which fight fight was it between Chacon and Limon? From what I recall, they went through like 3-4 wars together that's incredible to have attended such an intense fight for ur first live boxing match. TBH, I'm still deciding on who I want to root for lol, I like Pascal simply cus he's Canadian and I feel as if i've gotta back my fellow Canuck, but at the same time I have MAD respect for BHop and it'd be amazing to be there to witness history and see BHop b the oldest fighter to win a title. I think i'll just have a good dinner, get nice and loaded and see who the alcohol decides to root for lmao.

This post has been edited by mexi-cutioner: Apr 9 2011, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
mexi-cutioner
post Apr 9 2011, 05:01 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

How early do u guys suggest is a good time to arrive? The doors open at 7pm, but i don't think the HBO broadcasts will start till around 10pm.

+Quote Post
True-Boxing-Fan
post Apr 9 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #10

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Apr 9 2011, 02:59 PM) *
Which fight fight was it between Chacon and Limon? From what I recall, they went through like 3-4 wars together that's incredible to have attended such an intense fight for ur first live boxing match.

To be honest I'm not sure if it was there 2nd or 3rd fight, I'd have to check boxrec. But it was there famous 15 round fight of the year war. It was the best fight i have ever seen. As a 16 year old youngster i was more caught up on the atomsphere then the fight itself as the crowd was in hysterics the whole fight.

I say get to the fights early and take in some of the preliminary fights. Those can be very entertaining and they will get you primed up for the main event.

This post has been edited by True-Boxing-Fan: Apr 9 2011, 05:38 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:23 AM