IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Donaire vs. Rigondeaux-SPOILERS, No New Spoiler Threads or Public Streams (Topics Merged)
Jack 1000
post Apr 14 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #221

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

We SHOULD be blasting ALL WRITERS AND COMMENTATORS WHO HA THIS A CLOSE FIGHT! (And that one judge 114-113 Ringo card!!??)

At the same time, let's give credit to HBO where they called it fair and proper. The thing is, that fight was so one-sided and so none competitive, except to the Top Rank writers and Donaire nut-huggers who borrowed HBO's pom-poms for the night. Donaire only lost by one point? Really? LOL!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #222

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Apr 14 2013, 10:51 AM) *
What can I say? You guys had me rollin' last night, and just to think, we're gonna chop it up like this for the next few weeks?! DANGER!!!

Anyhow, I'm about to watch the fight again, JUST to hear Nonito's excuses, because I didn't catch all of them last night. As for the fight, he looked like he had too much chili, and knew that if he threw another punch, he would've shit his pants...that just how stiff he looked. Smh

As for Rigondeaux, I was totally wrong. For starters, I didn't think the fight would go the distance and I didn't think Rigo would get the nod. Hell, if the other two judges were in the same frame of mind, then he probably would've lost.

People bragged on and on about Rigo's skills and so forth. I saw some of those skills when he fought guys who were afraid to engage, because they were aware of their chances to get countered. Anybody can look thorough under those circumstances.

In this fight, he needed to utilize those skills, and indeed he did. That's what impressed me the most, he used those skills when it really counted and also under these superfight circumstances.

Anyhow, great fight for RG...he needed it. Donaire got the short end of the "High risk, low reward" deal. Now that I think about it, who does Arum match Donaire up with, regardless of whether he won or lost? The better fights for Donaire, are at the hands of other promoters...rival promoters, if you would.

I think Arum matches Rigo with what he's always been matching him with (just to build him up more), then a Donaire rematch will be in the future...at the expense of an "Arum strongarm contract extension"...the extension where he schedules his fighters to fight AFTER their contract expiration date. You know how he does.

Let's see how many "Rigotards" (as I read on another board) are gonna emerge from the dirt like Thriller dancers now. Did anybody read Oscar De La Homo's tweet about Donaire after the fight? It read..."should have taken the 3 mil". As much of an assbag as Oscar can be, he is Captain Obvious, and can be funny about it at times.

Cant wait to chop it up with you guys next weekend, when Canelo experiences the same fate of Trout beating him from pillar to post. We may see that robbery next week though...sad reality, but we are talking boxing here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

PS: All Professor has to do and hit the scene and drop a big fat "I told you" and drop the mic. LOL

I am rewatching the fight now and Donaire after the 12th round had a look of disgust and surprise. It was like he could not believe he got touched up the way he did. Now for the excuses. The NY fans suck because they do not know they just witnessed greatness. Oh well. I saw Oscar's tweet and he is turning into an attention whore and it is bitch made the way he is going about it. He should try to promote this fight that is coming up next Saturday that NO ONE seems to care about or even talk about outside of boxing fans. shit!

This post has been edited by Dolimite: Apr 14 2013, 02:33 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 14 2013, 02:48 PM
Post #223

The Consultant

Honestly though,

Did anyone expect Donaire to look THAT FUCKING BAD?

Jack

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post Apr 14 2013, 02:55 PM
Post #224

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 14 2013, 11:48 AM) *
Honestly though,

Jack

YES!!!! I knew Rigondeaux would box his ears off but I also though Rigondeaux would knock him out in the late rounds but anyway it proves that you shouldn't hype up a fighter that has not been truly tested. With only 11 professional fights before taking this one Rigondeaux looked like the more seasoned fighter. Damn shame and check out what that disrespectful bitch Arum has to say about his fighter and how he made excuses for Donaire. Mikey Garcia is saying he would fight Rigondeaux if he comes up to 126, I think he would give Mikey all kinds of fits. Robert Garcia is not putting his brother in with Rigondeaux, he just will not.

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-expects-bi...gondeaux--64421
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-fight-very...t-issues--64420

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Apr 14 2013, 03:02 PM
Post #225

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 14 2013, 03:48 PM) *
Honestly though,

Jack

Yup, I seent it. I thought Rigo might stop him. Just a really bad style matchup for Donaire. I think I likened Rigo to Pernell Whitaker defensively and Zab Judah's explosiveness offensively. Rigo is the real deal and will be stuck because he's so good. Nobody will want any of what he's cooking.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Apr 14 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #226

The Consultant

Here's the master scoresheet,

Shit! Donaire got rounds just for standing! I fail to understand how he could really win any rounds other than the round in which he was knocked down:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rigondeaux...corecard-186268

Jack

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Apr 14 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #227

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

I think its messed up how Bob arum dissin rigo now. He can never give a brother his due. You can call Nonito exciting but the guy who just dominated boring?
C'mon real boxing fans dont like when people just sit there and trade, its idiotic.

It was probably the best domination fight I've ever seen right under Mayweather/Marquez.

I was surprised that Rigo actually looked stronger than Nonito, every time he got hit with that left hand his face got marked up. Brilliant man, it really was, *Stephan A voice* Just so disrespectful!.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Apr 14 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #228

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jovi @ Apr 14 2013, 05:28 PM) *
I think its messed up how Bob arum dissin rigo now. He can never give a brother his due. You can call Nonito exciting but the guy who just dominated boring?
C'mon real boxing fans dont like when people just sit there and trade, its idiotic.

It was probably the best domination fight I've ever seen right under Mayweather/Marquez.

I was surprised that Rigo actually looked stronger than Nonito, every time he got hit with that left hand his face got marked up. Brilliant man, it really was, *Stephan A voice* Just so disrespectful!.

I loved every second of Bob bashing Rigondeaux! Why? At least we can hear Bob piss & moan during Rigo's victory, other than having to hear the same BS from him after watching Rigo get robbed.

I don't agree with about 80% of what Bob said, but seeing Rigo's hand raised, gives me every reason to chuckle and ignore him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 14 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #229

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Dolimite @ Apr 14 2013, 02:31 PM) *
I am rewatching the fight now and Donaire after the 12th round had a look of disgust and surprise. It was like he could not believe he got touched up the way he did. Now for the excuses. The NY fans suck because they do not know they just witnessed greatness. Oh well. I saw Oscar's tweet and he is turning into an attention whore and it is bitch made the way he is going about it. He should try to promote this fight that is coming up next Saturday that NO ONE seems to care about or even talk about outside of boxing fans. shit!

The best part of the ny crowd was when they bood donaire for making shit excuses.
Other than that I don't see why anyone would want to box there again.
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 14 2013, 04:12 PM) *
Here's the master scoresheet,

Shit! Donaire got rounds just for standing! I fail to understand how he could really win any rounds other than the round in which he was knocked down:

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/rigondeaux...corecard-186268

Jack

That's what's wrong with these new age shit judges, they score what rigo was doing as "running" or fighting scared. But tell me this when a guy like rigo has one of the most physically gifted fighters in the game barely letting his hands go what the hell does that sat about who is really shook? Donaire was getting pot shotted all night, and even when he landed bombs rigo took it like nothing and immediately answered back with something more fierce! Rigo looked like superman last night, and that motherfucker looked so calm the entire time!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Apr 14 2013, 05:38 PM
Post #230

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Apr 14 2013, 03:02 PM) *
Yup, I seent it. I thought Rigo might stop him. Just a really bad style matchup for Donaire. I think I likened Rigo to Pernell Whitaker defensively and Zab Judah's explosiveness offensively. Rigo is the real deal and will be stuck because he's so good. Nobody will want any of what he's cooking.

Mares wants a piece of everyone. I may not like him but he fights everyone, I think he does better than nonito against rigo but that isn't saying much since rigo nearly shut him out.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 21 22 23 24 25 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 05:25 AM