IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Would You Say A Fighters Ability To Fall & Rise Back To The Top, Merit More Than A Fighter Whom Remains Unbeaten?, Example: Muhammad Ali vs. Rocky Marciano
daprofessor
post Oct 15 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #11

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 13 2012, 10:02 AM) *

i wanna laugh too! share. B)

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Oct 15 2012, 01:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Oct 15 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #12

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Sep 28 2012, 04:36 PM) *
Good question. I think in general, there is something to say about someone (even a team) who wins, then loses, and picks themselves back up to be champions once again. With the fight game, unlike a team sport, losing is more personal and you literally take more damage to your body and pride than any other sport. Many of the fights, these great fighters lost, were wars. To come back from losing a war only to show that you're ready for war again shows something special.

To stay on top, also requires another special type of person. It doesn't only matter who you fight, but when you fight, how often you fight, and how long you stay in the game. Eventually, you're going to lose, it doesn't matter who you are.

At the same time, none of that takes away from Floyd Mayweather's greatness.

So would you say Floyd exceeds all the notables on the list if in fact he were to retire with his perfect record intact?

He's been in some wars, and has been the underdog on rare occasions.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 21 2012, 12:28 PM
Post #13

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Oct 15 2012, 02:59 PM) *
i wanna laugh too! share. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

haha well professor, i don't know how humorous it actually was. I'll restart the post i was making for this thread (which i think is a very good thread) and get it up here. I had started to make a case for the always doubted, always forgotten Klitschko brothers and how they fit into this discussion. But since this thread is mostly in regards to a fighters complete career (retirement included), the brothers don't exactly fit and i may have came close to unloading a big can of sports fan bullshit all over this thread (something I wanted to spare everyone of).

i'll post something in here later cause it is a good subject and hopefully you can have a laugh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

This post has been edited by wolterb: Oct 21 2012, 12:29 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Oct 21 2012, 03:13 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 21 2012, 01:28 PM) *
haha well professor, i don't know how humorous it actually was. I'll restart the post i was making for this thread (which i think is a very good thread) and get it up here. I had started to make a case for the always doubted, always forgotten Klitschko brothers and how they fit into this discussion. But since this thread is mostly in regards to a fighters complete career (retirement included), the brothers don't exactly fit and i may have came close to unloading a big can of sports fan bullshit all over this thread (something I wanted to spare everyone of).

i'll post something in here later cause it is a good subject and hopefully you can have a laugh (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

wladimir definitely fits into this category.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 08:20 AM